Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

LOL Moments
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I think I can boil down my 'epic' gaming moments to three. Well, the ones which made me laugh the most anyway.

The first, (and I think my best ever) gaming moment was in Half Life 2 Deathmatch.
This game was my first on line experience and took me a while to adjust. Once established, my weapon of choice was the crowbar.
It might come as a surprise to a lot of people, but I like to 'camp' and ambush enemy soldiers
I remember hearing movement at the top of some stairs and took cover (OK, camped) in a dark corner below.
At this moment I heard through the voip, two people talking. Now, this was unusual because 'deathmatch' is kill anything that moved. It was IMO Father and Son. Deep adult voice and squeaky kid. The 'Dad' was saying to watch out in particular for the 'nutters' with crowbars who leap out at you and are hard to deal with
Now, these two characters came down the stairs and I leapt into action. The guy who caught it was the 'kid'. As I staved this guys head in with my crowbar, all I could hear was the screaming (actual real screaming) through the voip of this kid as he died. I think the 'Dad' killed me. I don't know, because I was actually on the floor I was laughing so much.
I will never forget that moment.

Next on the list is a 'Day of Defeat' laugh.
Spawning on my favorite map I had to run to get good position to defend a main enemy approach. I think I was playing assault where I needed to go prone (OK, camp) and rip the advancing German f**ckers to bits with my BAR.
Anyway, in front of me were two other team mates. Obviously both with the same tactical superiority as yours truly
To this day I can see the scene clearly. The guy immediately in front of me was a battle hardened looking character. Rough looking face, big gun, ammo belts, canteens rattling as he ran. You know the scene.
Anyway, we got to a doorway that gave us access to the position we were looking for when the first guy just stopped and blocked us. I think sometimes people helped buddies on the other side!
When we were blocked, this really hard looking battle hardened soldier in front of me 'squeeked' in a 5 year old thick Irish accent 'will you get out of the f**cking way'
Now I think you had to be there, but I was on the floor.

The third, and most skill based (well lucky) event was BF2.
Karkand, moving North across the river as MEC to kick US ass You know the scene.
I was on the far left/West of the map crossing the river on foot as a sniper (I know, camping again)
Half way across this guy appears on the far bank. I think 'I'm dead' bollocks! Instead of ripping me to bits with an MG he pulls a pistol and starts to pop at me.
Instinctively I start to weave to make a harder target and actually make it to the bank. Now I think 'I've got this f**cker' when I remember I have a sniper rifle at close range
In my panic to change to pistol, I select knife and think 'shit' All the time I'm weaving and getting clipped by this guys pistol.
This guy must have been thinking 'I should have killed him while he was swimming, then running up the bank with a knife, and then before he gutted me'.
I will never forget that moment, and neither will he

These are just a few of hundreds magical moments experienced in on line gaming. What a wonderful hobby we have!

Posted on: 2013/12/22 1:34

Re: LOL Moments
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Alex and I were kitted out pretty good along the coast between Cherno and Bolota. He decided to test something he had heard. I got behind a short cement wall about 80 meters away. Alex repeatedly pounded on the gas pump with his axe. Then, Woooom!!!! He disappeared into a 14 foot diameter fireball. What a shocker! What an explosion!

I went to grab some of his stuff. A secondary explosion killed me instantly. We both spawned in close to the dead bodies and there we lay in a very funny position. I laughed a lot.

Posted on: 2013/12/22 15:06
Click to see original Image in a new window

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.