Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ArmA 3 multi part custom campaign created by Bobo
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

As I believe many of the clan own Arma 3, this might be more interesting than previous posts from me in recent weeks. Who fancies some Arma 3? It'll be good to get a larger group of us together again.I have helped test some to the missions and I can assure you they are full of action.

Here are some details:

www.pc-gamers.net/index.php?/t ... and-for-pcgn/#entry163060

PCGN|LeBobo Wrote:

Monday April 14, 2014 0700 hrs

We've heard rumors of the Slovenian forces going door-to-door in Eastern Altis, rummaging civilian homes, detaining innocents, and in some cases even murdering anyone showing resistance. My neighbors couldn't believe it, I didn't want to, and my family thought I was crazy for being concerned.

We should have taken notice and left Altis at the first sign of this anarchy. But now it's obvious; it's too late. In the night we heard what sounded like a thunderstorm, but no rain fell. Our confusions were rectified at dawn break with the sight of Slovenian tanks, jeeps, military vehicles, even helicopters coming over the horizon just behind the shadow of the night.

Within minutes Galati was swarmed with troops, screams in the streets, pounding of doors, and the detainment of my friends and family. Every corner of the city had our citizens corralled like sheep. 

I have no wife, no children, no attachment left in this world. What I saw them do..... It shall not befell me too. There are sure to be others with the will to survive. I think. Therefore, I am. I am the Hunter; the III%.

Features of the Campaign

• guerrilla warfare scenarios
  • an entire mission dedicated to PVP
  • constant intense action
  • cinematic presentation
  • virtual ammobox system - full custom loadouts, instantly
  • a sandbox mission (open world style, free roam and play)
  • defense scenarios
  • respawn

Posted on: 2014/4/11 17:20
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: ArmA 3 multi part custom campaign created by Bobo
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Unfortunately, I will be out of town

Posted on: 2014/4/11 21:19

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Fair enough, hopefully you might catch one of the other parts.

Posted on: 2014/4/12 12:12

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Posted on: 2014/4/14 19:08

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Below is my first feedback posted on the PCGN forum, all in all it was good fun and showed alot of promise and I suggest now its on ARMA 3 more of us give it ago!

To read other feedback click this link: www.pc-gamers.net/index.php?/t ... and-for-pcgn/#entry163088

Lambourne Wrote:

Once again thanks Bobo for taking the time to make this for us. For the most part it was enjoyable and I will try keep my feedback short and sweet.

The Good: :smilie_1: 

• The virtual ammo box system was such a time saver, I suggest anyone who intends to join these missions in the future go on the server when its running the ammo box mission and set up a few different layouts e.g. AT, Sniper, Assault, Spec Ops, Pilot, Guerrilla Fighter.  It saves a lot of time and hassle during the mission.
  • The story we had during the run up towards the event, trying to encourage more to join.
  • Whilst still not perfect the organising of the mission before hand has improved greatly. The implementation of an event sign up helps organisers get a feel to who is going to attend so that squads/ roles etc... can be decided before Monday night, therefore allowing for a quicker start. 
  • A decent briefing considering Schilling did not create the mission, including a chance to view the map and understand objectives and likely opposition before mission began.
  • Lots of action, even though a little chaotic!
  • A faster pace (most of the time) than previous missions.

The Bad. ( no disrespect meant just my opinion (RED COLOUR) and a suggestion on improving it (GREEN COLOUR) :unsure: 

• A very slow start, it was nearly an hour late starting! This may not seem such an issue for most but bear in mind that some of us have to stay up pretty late to support these mission and participate. Last night we ended up starting around 2AM and by the time we finished I was hanging!
  • Ways this can be avoided is if people who want to come please make sure your game is working before hand, if it doesn't this give you chance to rectify the problem, there are always people around to help you if you do not know how! Also please check the forum before hand and let us know your intentions beforehand if you are going to attend or not, so that we don't hang around so long at the start deciding who is doing what. This has improved with some checking in, but still needs improvement. Bobo (PCGN Forum) and I (=SWF= Forum) had event sign up's posted days before the event.
  • There seemed to be a lack of drivable vehicles and no engineer, therefore no way of using a toolkit
  • There are 3 ways around this; 1. Have a engineer/mechanic in the role selection so that the toolkits can be used. 2. have more vehicles re spawn like the heli and tank did or 3. just have more vehicles from the start in the city.
  • Not sure Schillings command style suited the 'Guerrilla' style of this mission.
  • Now Schilling i'm not being a dick :lam: , you are a fine commander when it comes to the more conventional force missions. But it seemed that you struggled with the 'on the go' commanding and participating of last night. Maybe someone else would be better suited for this. You could take it in turns with someone e.g. Schilling commands convention force missions and [INSERT NAME] commands the guerrilla force missions.

These are just the main things that I thought of, I agree with all the points Bobo has written above and I have other points but they can be addressed anytime. Keep up the good work Bobo, Ballsinacan and Schilling. Please do not hesitate to ask if you require assistance with anything.

Posted on: 2014/4/17 10:47

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Part 2: Conquer!

Second mission of the campaign starts Monday April 21 at 2000 hrs EST. (Visit the Event sign up)

The last of us with the will to survive have made it out of Galati, just barely. We've met up at an outpost with other Civilian Militias and have a short opportunity to clear our minds and our losses. I'm impressed how the other people are handling this; I'm sure their own experience and emotions are worse than mine. 

But we're not done yet! This is just the beginning! From here we need to reclaim a foot hold in the area, increase our numbers, and storm back towards Eastern Altis taking back every town along the way. 

A few geeky civilians have provided some recon to gain intel on remaining Slovenian activity in the area. Initial reports indicate a small enemy outpost to our Southeast. Our objective is to secure the hilltop military compound just West of the Altis Airport, and we expect heavy resistance from this Slovenian outpost. 

Features

• 2 Teams - Bluefor as Civilian Militia; Opfor as Slovenians
  • Equal home base outposts with Virtual Ammobox for loadouts
  • Several Offroad trucks and quads at each base outpost; vehicle respawn enabled
  • Every player can revive; 60 second bleedout before dying and respawning
  • Stop bleeding by "Stabilize" option, prolonging revive opportunity
  • 1 large open battlefield between the 2 base outposts
  • *1 objective: Capture Military Compound
  • Bonus air vehicles across the AOE; vehicle respawn enabled
  • Bonus wheeled and tracked vehicles across the AOE; vehicle respawn enabled

Rules

• Capturing the military compound grants your team 1 point, as indicated in the top right corner of the HUD
  • To capture, your team's units must dominate the zone radius
  • Speed up capturing by eliminating the other team
  • Vehicles will also speed up the capturing process if within the radius of the capture zone (armored being the fastest)
  • Points do not add up the longer you have the point captured
  • The other team must capture the compound before your team can recapture it to obtain another point
  • Kills do not count as team points
  • Revives have no score
  • Winning team will be the team with the most amount of captures at the end of the mission
  • Players on the winning team will receive a WW3 Campaign badge on their profiles in the PCGN forums

*may change before mission time

Recommended Mods: not required, but provide great benefit (ignore errors when joining server if you do not install these mods)

Guide for installing mods: http://www.armaholic...m=posts&q=20866

!!!DO NOT USE DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF ARMA 3!!!

You may not use your own weapon or other client-side mods since it causes weird issues with loadouts and items. More recommendeds may come in the future as my own experience with their usage grows.

Posted on: 2014/4/18 13:05

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Here is my gameplay footage of the best parts from last night

Posted on: 2014/4/22 23:11

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
hi SWF - we have updated information concerning the next WW3 mission.

Second mission of the campaign starts Monday April 28 at 2000 hrs EST.

The last of us with the will to survive have made it out of Galati, just barely. We've met up at an outpost with other Civilian Militias and have a short opportunity to clear our minds and our losses. I'm impressed how the other people are handling this; I'm sure their own experience and emotions are worse than mine.

But we're not done yet! This is just the beginning! From here we need to reclaim a foot hold in the area, increase our numbers, and storm back towards Eastern Altis taking back every town along the way.

A few geeky civilians have provided some recon to gain intel on remaining Slovenian activity in the area. Initial reports indicate a small enemy outpost to our Southeast. Our objective is to secure the hilltop military compound just West of the Altis Airport, and we expect heavy resistance from this Slovenian outpost.

Conquer! PVP

Features
2 Teams - Bluefor as Civilian Militia; Opfor as Slovenians
Equal home base outposts with Virtual Ammobox for loadouts
Several Offroad trucks and quads at each base outpost; vehicle respawn enabled
Every player can revive; 60 second bleedout before dying and respawning
Stop bleeding by "Stabilize" option, prolonging revive opportunity
1 large open battlefield between the 2 base outposts
Multiple dynamic objectives: Primary = Capture Military Compound
Bonus air vehicles across the AOE; vehicle respawn enabled
Bonus wheeled and tracked vehicles across the AOE; vehicle respawn enabled
ShackTac Fireteam HUD for Arma 3

Rules
Capturing the objectives grants your team 1 point each, as indicated in the top right corner of the HUD
To capture, your team's units must dominate the zone radius
Speed up capturing by eliminating the other team
Vehicles will also speed up the capturing process if within the radius of the capture zone (armored being the fastest)
Points do not add up the longer you have the point captured
Kills count as team points
Revives have no score
Winning team will be the team with the most objectives captured at the end of the mission
Players on the winning team will receive a WW3 Campaign badge on their profiles in the PCGN forums

Posted on: 2014/4/28 14:09

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
Third mission of the campaign starts Monday May 19 at 2000 hrs EST.

The Hunter and his civilian militia from Galati have lit the fuse in the opening phases of this epic unfolding of the powers of sovereignty warring the powers of oppression. The resistance builds momentum with the liberation of Galati, capturing of the military compound, and acquisition of the main Altis Airfield.

Meanwhile, NATO Special Forces have been keeping a bird's eye on the escalations on Altis and are preparing support for the resistance.

Slovenian forces have amassed a stockpile of heavy armor platoons where they're currently staging in the salt flats of Almyra for a complete invasion.

Sergeant Banilla is leading an operation to silently infiltrate the armor staging area, destroy as many heavy armored vehicles as possible, and exfiltrate to the beach of Thelos Bay.

It's time to blow shit up!

Operation Blastcore

Features

Several Offroad trucks and quads at base outpost; vehicle respawn enabled
Revive enabled!
ShackTac Fireteam HUD for Arma 3
Blow lots of shit up!
Special ops night mission
view distance/grass selector to help with performance
virtual ammobox system for instant custom loadouts
NO AI KICKING YOU OUT OF VEHICLES

Recommended Mods: not required, but provide great atmospheric benefit (ignore errors when joining server if you do not install these mods)

TMR: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=21785 (greatly improve your weapon handling, aiming, and shooting experience.)
CBA A3: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=18767 (base requirement for all the other mods)
Blastcore: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=23899 (makes explosions and special effects much higher quality)
Blastcore Tracers: http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=24334 (same as above, applied to bullet tracers)
ShackTac Fireteam HUD for Arma 3: http://dslyecxi.com/...hud-for-arma-3/
Guide for installing mods: http://www.armaholic...m=posts&q=20866

!!!DO NOT USE DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF ARMA 3!!!

You may not use your own weapon or other client-side mods since it causes weird issues with loadouts and items. More recommendeds may come in the future as my own experience with their usage grows.

Event Sign up Check-in List:

The following have replied and have committed to attend:
Lebobo

The following have replied and are unable to attend:

Responded, but UNSURE:

We have had NO RESPONSE from the following:
everyone else

I'll be posting a map with objective and strategic markers later on today.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 14:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.