Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

PCGN: Gaming Industry Discussion
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Ballsinacan01

31 DEC 2013

Quote:

Hello All, With the New Year I would like to propose a new idea. This is the the Outline and rules. For this Debate, These are the point of view I am looking for PC Gamers, console Gamers, and people who feel in different to ether one. My Outline

1. Why do you feel that one is better (pc,consoles), for the in-different which one has the most potential (Steambox can be pc and console) 2 minutes per-side

2. To PC-Gamers what un-justices is happening in the gaming world (issues,support,robber,mirco-transactions, etc) 4 1/2 minutes

3. To Console Gamers what un-justices do you see that are happen in the console world (issues,support,robber,DLC, etc) 4 1/2 minutes

4. Final point in -different gamers who is truly winning the gaming market and how do you see this affecting the future. 4 1/2 minutes This will be all timed by me by a clock and a buzzer will ring when your time is up, also the clock will be shown on screen I want this to be a 20 minute debate so bring you points, if you are not able to share all of your points there will be other debates if this one works out. Please reply here if you would like to join, I am looking for 3 points of view and 3 people at this time. Thank you

http://www.pc-gamers.net/index.php?/topic/19362-pcgn-tv/

Posted on: 2014/1/6 3:55

Re: PCGN: Gaming Industry Discussion
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

1. Why do you feel that one platform (PC,Consoles) is better than the other?
Ans -
PC:
- Higher end components with greater capability (Video Graphics, RAM, Hard Drive, etc)
- More User Interface inputs (Keyboard, Mouse, Joy Stick, etc)
- More mature gaming community

Consoles:
- Cheaper entry into gaming
- Less technical expertise required from the operator.  The game WILL function by putting the disc into the device.

2. Which technilogical innovations have changed the Gaming Industry? (New recommended topic of discussion)
Ans -
- Flat screen monitor
- Inexpensive large flat High Definition (HD) screen Televisions
- Broadband internet with the ability to stream video and game online
- Digital downloads instead of CD/DVD disks
- Interactive motion detection capability
- Piracy/Hacking/Digital Rights Management (DRM)

- The Google Search engine allows PC Gamers to fix gaming issues that were previously game killers.

3. PC-Gamers: What types of injustices have been committed against the PC-gaming world?
Ans -
- PC game franchises/series have transferred game development to the console platform market
- PC game complexity lowered to accomodate the console hardware and audience
- The desire to capture Activision Call of Duty dollars has destroyed many other PC games
- Always online to combat piracy means games can not be played without a capable internet connection
- In combination with the previous line, digital downloads downgrades ownership of the game into a rental
- Removal of the ability of fans to modify the game (mods)

4. Console Gamers: What types of injustices have been committed against the Console-gaming world?
Ans -
- Due to hardware constraints; smaller maps, player counts, and fewer features

5. Future of Gaming:
a. Which platform is winning gaming market share battle?
Ans -Consoles.  There is still hope with games like Minecraft, ArmA, DayZ, and PlanetSide 2.  Perhaps hope is vaporizing as all but ArmA will be releasing a console version of their game to the console platform.  The BIG console dollars corrupt the whole industry.

b. How are the current trends going to effect the future of gaming?
Ans - Innovation has occurred on the PC platform and is later transferred and simplified for the console market.  The PC is a spring board to enter the console market.  I believe the PC market will continue to shrink.

Posted on: 2014/1/6 4:06

Re: PCGN: Gaming Industry Discussion
Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
scriv we can talk about this in a meeting. We will announce when, people were too busy this weekend. Thanks man.

Posted on: 2014/1/6 5:48

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.