Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Logitech G29 and G290 racing wheels
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
After some rumors and leaks about a successor to the G27, Logitech has revealed it's been developing not just one, but two new steering wheels. Why two? The G29 is for PS4 and PS3, and the G920 is for the Xbox One, while both do work with the PC. I don't know if there's any actual reason for this separation. The names can get confusing too.

The design is very similiar to the G27, but each version has the console controller's buttons on them. The G29 also has a 24-point selection dial and +/- buttons for whatever you may use them for. You could usr the +/- for adjusting brake bias on the fly, which is cool. I can't imagine a game where the selection dial could prove useful, but if there is, that's a neat feature too.

The wheel turns 900°, it has dual-motor force feedback and helical gearing with anti-backlash, as well as paddle shifters. I'm pretty sure the G27 had all of those too. Three pedals is also nothing out of the ordinary. What about the six-speed H-shifter with eight buttons and directional keys? It has lost all of its buttons and it's sold separately. The G290 has fewer buttons than the G27 and the G29 has more.

The Logitech G Driving Shifter works with both wheels and costs $60 while the wheels are $400. There's absolutely no reason for me to buy either of those, as I don't own any consoles and the G27 is pretty much just as good as either of the new ones. Also, in total it costs a bit more than a Thrustmaster T500RS, which is supposed to be better than the G27 ($300). The T500RS doesn't come with a gear shifter though, and if you do buy one, it's $140. But it does have adjustable resistance for shifting, which could add a lot to the driving experience. The Logitech shifters don't have any resistance when shifting.

All in all, it looks like a money grabbing attempt. Maybe the G27 and G25 wheels will get cheaper at least.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/201 ... ew-xbox-one-contender-too

Posted on: 2015/6/11 13:49

Re: Logitech G29 and G290 racing wheels
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

pershainovitsh wrote:
All in all, it looks like a money grabbing attempt. Maybe the G27 and G25 wheels will get cheaper at least.

I hope so Al! I'm struggling in Dirt Rally with my controller (as yet there are no 'advanced gamepad settings'), although Assetto and CARS work well with it.

I will be watching the G25 price closely!

Posted on: 2015/6/11 15:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.