Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Thoughts on Creating Quality Videos
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Initially posted on 23 APR 2013

Here are my thoughts:

- Good Cover Slide. When folks are browsing, the thumbnail image catches their attention.
- Accurate title and written dsecription of the video
- Nice short Intro to the series
- Narrative visual table of contents of events to come
- Map orientation of the player's location and next move
- Edited.
- Two to seven minutes in duration is preferable
- Good in-game dialogue and narration
... Appealing voice sound, confident, witty
- No rap or pac-man music or 13 year old heard in the in-game squad
- Balance of audio feeds: narration, in-game sound, in-game VoIP, and music
- Freeze the video to highlight enemy or significant objects with overlays
- Interesting in-game action
- Organized YouTube page with clearly defined channels
- Custom header
- Good eye-catching titles
- A good campaign to increase views, subscriptions, and name recognition

Here are two examples of successful broadcasters: (There are many others who have greater subscriber numbers)

100,000 Subscribers

- There should be a clear and concise list of organization affiliated YouTube broadcasters

- Each YouTube broadcaster should be encouraged to recommend/link other organization broadcasters to their YouTube page

- There should be a strong standard beginning clip and ending clip for each video

- The end of the video should encourage a "Like," a "Subscribe," and organization. If you have a YouTube affliated Facebook and Twitter accounts, those should be featured at the end of each video.

- There should be a "how to" thread with step by step instructions on how to spice up your videos

- This is a touchy one as people could get offended...

I think the videos should be critiqued by other organization participants. How could the existing video be improved?

Maybe, some post-published videos could be brought back to the editing room for an overhaul.

These are my opinions. I have heard a couple guys where their voice volume on their microphone, their actual voice, or the post-production audio track volumes were too low.

The viewer deserves to be oriented to what has recently occurred, what is happening at the start of the video, and some hints as to what to expect.

Watching a video where the player looks at the grass for 1 minute and 30 seconds is painful and there should be some editing. I watched a video recently where the guy took about 8 minutes of video time to get on the server. He already had a viewer count of 15,000. That is piss poor production to have 15,000 people wait 8 minutes for the guy to enter a server.

- Consider freezing the video to highlight a concealed enemy. Consider slow motion or a slow motion replay for a death or vehicle crash. Some editors fast foward (viewable) to get through a long uneventful run to the next interesting piece of footage

Encouragement

Posted on: 2014/8/10 18:37

Re: Thoughts on Creating Quality Videos
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2014/9/6 1:38

Re: Thoughts on Creating Quality Videos
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2015/6/23 0:26