Site Admin

See User information
Generals - RTS Strategic War campaign
Heroes - FPS Tactical Action game

Campaign Map Faction Starting Points
United States: Edinburgh and London
Germany: Berlin and Rome
Soviet Union: Leningrad and Moscow

- At the beginning of the war, the Strategic Centers (Capital Cities) and other sites are up for grabs
- Initial deployment of Assault Teams occur at Strategic Centers. A player selects a Strategic Center under faction control.
- To Win, control 15 of 23 Strategic Center or a faction is wiped out

Click to see original Image in a new window
http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... /HnG/Commanding_Units.png

http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... nG_Strategy_Units_big.png

Posted on: 2016/5/21 17:24

Re: H&G Grand Strategy
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2016/5/21 17:54

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Fight Battle vs. Auto-Resolved Battle (Battle Director)
- War battles are generated by real players utilizing their command points to recruit and then deploy Assault Teams
- The battle director activates 10 minutes after the battle has been created (5 minutes after the preparation time)
- Maximum 36 player match (2-faction battle with 18 players each, 3-faction battle with 12 players each)
- A battle requires 'Sufficient' quantities:
... 'Sufficient' tickets (spawns per player):
+ 10 Infantry
+ 5 Recon
+ 5 Paratrooper
+ 4 Armor
+ 4 Aircraft
... 'Sufficient' players:
+ At least 50% of the players (9 PAX for 2-faction, 6 PAX for 3-faction) need to be infantry or paratrooper tickets. The remaining players can be a mix of all remaining classes.
- If sufficient quantities are not met, the Assault team with the deficiency will retreat suffering a 25% resource and 20 points of morale penalty
- If both Assault Teams fail to make the minimums the battle is available for 35 minutes (5 minutes of battle preparation, 30 minutes of idle), the Auto-Resolver decides a winner:
... The faction with the most resources wins
... No resources are lost by either side
... Morale points are deducted (10 from the winner and 20 from the loser)

------------------------

Morale
- Morale simulates battle fatigue for Assault Teams
- Assault Teams begin with 100/100 Morale which can be increased beyond 100 by selecting 'Battlefield Commander' badge
- 20 Morale points are spent when entering a battle by both attackers and defenders
- 10 Morale points earned by winning a battle
- One Morale per 6 minutes 40 seconds (or 0.15 morale/minute) when the Assault Team is not involved in combat which can be increased by selecting the 'Charismatic Leader' badge
- An Assault Team below 25 morale points surrenders, surrenders all resources to enemy, and must be 'rebuilt' from scratch to re-deploy
- Encircled Assault Teams who cannot retreat lose all resources; potentially MASSIVE loss of player War Funds

Command Combat Badge -> Bronze/Silver/Gold - Perk (RIBBON: Action Required to Attain)
Logistics Expert -> 5/10/20% - Faster ATs on Campaign Map (CHAUFFEUR: Transport troops)
Battlefield Commander -> 5/10/15% - Boost in morale (TACTICAL: Capture Control Points)
Charismatic Leader -> 5/10/15% - Morale recovery (BATTLE: War Participation)

Posted on: 2016/6/7 21:09

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Assault Team image in the first post of this thread has been updated

Posted on: 2016/7/9 18:48

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
New Character Purchase

The purpose of this thread is to present known information about in-game characters to assist in a purchasing decision, discuss options, and hear from experienced players. The images generally apply to all the factions, however, the focus at the time of creation was the German faction.

Bigger image:
http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3forum/images/HnG/HnG_Rank.png

As you commence and progress with Heroes and Generals, you will be faced with decisions.

1) How much farther do I need to progress to unlock the next character class?

2) Do I want to continue to grind with an infantryman or purchase a specific class?

3) Do I really want to try out the maneuvering of Assault Teams (ATs) on the campaign map?

Bigger image:
http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... haracter_Purchase_big.png

A) Should I spend in-game credits or gold to acquire a new soldier?

B) Which character class should I purchase?

C) Should my main character be changed to my favorite class or stay infantry?

D) How much will it cost to deploy my first Assault Team (AT)?

Finding the answers to some of the questions above will depend on the preferences of the individual player.

Let’s conduct an overview of the second image. I have categorized the rank structure into the following: Recruit: Rank 0, Soldier: Rank 1-5, Sergeant: Rank 6-11, Company grade officers Rank: 12-14, Field grade officers Rank: 15-17, and General Rank: 18-22.

Everyone’s main character starts off as infantry. After completing Rank 5, you are given the option to switch to a Tank Crewman. After completing Rank 6, you are given the option to switch to a Pilot. After completing Rank 7, you are given the option to switch to a Paratrooper. After completing Rank 9, you are given the option to switch to a Recon. After completing Rank 17, you are given the option to switch to a General.

The second section highlights the Company, Field, and General ranks providing the experience points (XPs) needed to progress to the next rank and the salary earned for one hour in an Action Battle at a given rank.

Keep in mind a General can not fight in an Action Battle and therefore does not receive a salary. It is a big decision on whether or not to convert your fighting character into strictly a strategy participant on the campaign map. If you decide to convert your character into a general, all of his equipment will become available to all of your other characters in the same faction so long as that specific character has unlocked the equipment in the ribbon progression.

When you purchase a new character, he starts at rank zero progress when it comes to ribbon progression. Tank Crewmen, Pilots, and Paratroopers will be provided their first vehicle if the character is purchased. If you switch your character to a different type, you will likely have to purchase your first tank or fighter plane. (Last sentence in this paragraph - Uncertain)

Notice the prices are different for each class and, obviously, become more expensive if you choose to purchase a Lieutenant (Rank 12) or major (Rank 15). Even your purchased lieutenants and majors will have to begin at zero with ribbon progression. You will have to earn weapon and equipment unlocks as if you were a brand new character. Purchasing a character makes your account Tier 2 which gets you access to the war battles and purchasing an officer does open the door to participating in campaign map portion of the game.

Purchasing and deploying your first Assault Team (AT) is a significant event. You will have to accumulate enough War Funds (WF) or spend precious gold to get your AT’s boots on the ground. A Guard AT will cost 28,500 war funds and 2,160 WF to deploy. A Guard AT will include 36 infantrymen and will have to gain campaign map experience to unlock the option to upgrade the unit.

The General can control and purchase any type (infantry, armor, etc..) of AT regardless of his initial status. A lot of gaming is needed to earn the privilege to command as a General on the campaign map or nearly one million in-game credits.

There are currently three combat badges that are depicted on the bottom labeled Command Badges. Selection of the badge is locked once you deploy an assault team. The badges are not available if you purchase a general. Only hard fighting from the ranks of private, lieutenant, and major can enable you to take advantage of the Command Badge perks. When the badge is equipped, an officer with an assault team can receive a 5%, 10%, or 15% improvement. The associated ribbons required and the action needed are depicted below the badges.

There will be a time when you will want to command. Look at this next image to determine when you can unlock Command Points needed for purchasing and deploying Assault Teams (ATs).

Bigger image: http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... /HnG/Commanding_Units.png

You have decided to participate on the campaign map.

Bigger image:
http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... images/HnG/Europe_Map.png

Your Assault Team (AT) will enter at one of the strategic centers (capitals) controlled by your faction. The speed of movement, the number of troops, and the equipment used to conduct combat operations will depend on the type of AT selected.

Bigger image:
http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... nG_Strategy_Units_big.png

The cost to purchase and deploy are depicted as well as the unlock progression for each type of unit.

Sources:

In-game screen captures.

H&G Ranks:
http://heroesandgenerals.gamepedia.com/Ranks

H&G Assault Teams:
http://heroesandgenerals.gamepedia.com/Assault_Team

Posted on: 2016/7/9 20:36

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2016/9/25 16:00

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I've invested hard earned war-funds into some Assault Teams.

So far I have:
2 Guard (foot infantry)
2 Recon
2 Light Armor
1 Pathfinder (Paratrooper)

A big advantage of deploying any Assault Teams is a huge boost of XP for your soldiers eg. Infantry soldier with your Guard AT's.

I'm looking forward to leveling up to Motorized Guard and Recon and Medium Armor!

I'm starting to understand how the War works and how valuable the resources are eg. those tanks getting destroyed are all yours!

I would warn though the deploy time for your AT's is around 2 days,yes 2 days! I have only used my Paratroopers once!
This can be frustrating when you want to get stuck in and are unable.
The Resupply and Deploy queue time seems to be a German only problem, hence Germany never winning the War.

Hopefully the devs will be addressing this situation. It is about time we pushed those cocky Yanks back over to the Tommies!!!

Posted on: 2016/10/8 16:31

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Here are my choices. I’ve just started participation on the campaign map. I currently only have one level 3 and one level 1 Infantry Assault Teams (ATs).

Justification:
Overall – I want to be able to participate in the battle with the ability to switch characters. I think choosing these assault teams not only assist the war effort on the campaign map, but also will allow me to participate in the battle with the assets I can effectively use on the battlefield.

Mech Inf – The mobile spawn APC is a strong presence on the battlefield. It shortens the distance to the next control point, decreases vulnerability in most cases, and focuses on seizing the next control point.

Mech recon – I am a stronger vehicle fighter than with infantry/recon and think the armored vehicle (SdKfz 222) will be an effective weapon system.

Light Armor – Faster more agile support to infantry with counter armor capability.

Heavy Armor – Most lethal and most vulnerable. Not so sure of this choice. I think the Medium might be a better choice.

Paratroopers – The ability to conduct airborne operations is a valuable tool. The larger element will allow sustained operations.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:20

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I just learned very recently that your assault teams are tied to your overall account and you can transfer and use them with different in-game characters.

So I had two level 1 infantry and when one leveled up to level 3. I only had two command points but was able to transfer/use the level 1 infantry with a newer infantry lieutenant.

You may want to read the opinion of others:
https://heroesandgenerals.com/forums/topic/2423291/

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:25

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
That is a good point about transferring Assault Teams Scriv.

I am soon to reach level 1 with my Armor and can only upgrade to Destroyers rather than Medium. Destroyers still only use one slot whereas the Mediums go up to 2.

This will mean purchasing new soldiers....damn!

Posted on: 2016/10/11 6:21

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.