Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

SWAT 3 & 4
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
After years of only being available on eBay for approximately $100, SWAT 4 is here again!

GOG, formerly known as Good Old Games, has acquired the rights for SWAT 4 and now it's sold for $10. The older title, SWAT 3, which has realistic bullet penetration for walls instead of just for doors, a better story, but blander environments, is on sale for $2,50 (normal price $10).

I have only played a demo for one of those but I have only read positive reviews for them. As far as I know, you can have 1-4 players on both and will be punished for killing suspects instead of detaining them. Both are old games, SWAT 3 being made in 2001 and SWAT 4 in 2005, but they should still offer a very good tactical experience suitable for most clan members. The graphics will be outdated without a doubt but the gameplay should still be very good. Apart from Arma I don't think there are any new tactical first person shooters available today. At least not on a small scale like SWAT.

These should be very good games for our clan to play, at least for a little while. I'm expecting at least Spartan(0536) to show interest in them, and hopefully the same amount of interest could be shared with a few other Spartans. Getting a team of four could potentially be the recipe for success... or the recipe for a disaster. I could see myself buying both to get back into the intense and tactical action with the Spartans once again. In any case, either nor both are not very expensive.

So, is anyone interested?

SWAT 3
https://www.gog.com/game/swat_3_tactical_game_of_the_year_edition

SWAT 4
https://www.gog.com/game/swat_4_gold_edition

Posted on: 2017/1/26 22:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.