Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

Re: Assetto Corsa
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Details about the Dream Pack #2 have been revealed.

The Dream Pack 2 will be available starting October 8th, selling for 7,99€.

The pack will consists of a laser-scanned version of Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya, home of the Spanish Formula One Grand Prix.

Furthermore, the pack will introduce the following nine new cars to Assetto Corsa:

Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole (based on an very well-made mod, I think)
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Ford GT40 MK1
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
AUDI R8 ULTRA 2014
RUF RT12R AWD
RUF RT12R FWD
BMW M4 Coupe
BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition

Physics, graphics, sound effects and multiplayer are also improved.

While all of them are exciting new cars, and the Countach was great in the mod, I'm mostly looking forward to the RUFs. And for the first time, we'll have the chance to try out the same car (RUF RT12R) in both RWD and AWD.

Posted on: 2015/10/2 17:28

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
PORSCHE is coming to Assetto Corsa! Also, Assetto Corsa coming to consoles!

While Porsche is still doing exclusive deals about their cars appearing in only very few and specific games (which meant basically only the Need for Speed games in the last decade... or two), finally the legendary brand will appear in a true simulator! In the video I think I saw a glimpse of a 911 GT3, Cayman GT4, Carrera GT, 919 LMP1 prototype, as well as many older ones. No idea of the release date for the 2 DLC packs unfortunately.

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa ... /1444103855615928/?type=3

Today, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games are proud to announce that after more than 12 years away from the sim-racing world, the Porsche Brand will be available as exclusive DLC content available for the PC and forthcoming console editions of Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa has established itself as the leading and benchmark PC racing simulation experience thanks to its focus on purity of handling, accuracy of cars & tracks, and the trust of automotive partners to feature premium licensing content and top class manufacturers.

The close partnership extends to the creation of 2 DLC packs that will deliver the most accurate Porsche experience for fans and motorsport enthusiasts worldwide across a variety of classic and new Porsche models alongside the provision of customised software for virtual experiences worldwide at selected Porsche dealer and race centres.

Joining the available PC version, Assetto Corsa will hit the track on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on August 26th in Europe and August 30th in North America.

Information and pre-order details for the console releases can be found at: http://console.assettocorsa.net

Posted on: 2016/6/17 13:25

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
http://store.steampowered.com/app/526060/

Porsche pack 1 is now available! Two more are coming later this year.

Contents:
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Porsche 918 Spyder
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
Porsche 718 Cayman S
Porsche 917/30 Spyder
Porsche 935/78 'Moby Dick'
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
(Porsche Panamera Turbo, free update for all players)

If one of the previous DLCs had me buying it right on the day of release, the Porsche DLC had me refreshing the Steam page until I could buy it. I've had a quick go with all of the Porsches on Imola, my favorite track. The following reviews are only based on about two or three laps on one track.

Porsche 911 Carrera S (2016)

The more powerful version of the basic Carrera (which is not in the game). The first one I tried. Good performance and good handling, but not exceptional. PDK gearbox, as in "flappy paddles" or semi-automatic double-clutch transmission. The gearbox does offer great performance, but it's not very exciting to just pull the paddles. I didn't really experience any lift-off oversteer even if I tried. I was expecting the 911 to be more lively. This one was heavy. Easy to control, sure, but with the default setting it was close to impossible to do any fun maneuvers even with all driving assists off.

Porsche 718 Cayman S (2016)

Sort of a little brother to the 911, always just almost as good as the 911. But not in this game. It is a very agile car, and comes with a manual gearbox. A lot of fun to drive. Similar to the RUF Yellowbird, but easier to control thanks to not having turbo lag. If I want to go sideways through a corner, I will with the Cayman. It just goes exactly where I want it to. My favorite of the DLC based on the short run with all of the cars.

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 (1974?)

A very light car for the track, but all in all not very fast. Could be good.

Porsche 935/78 'Moby Dick' (1976)

An old race car with lots of power and that looks very good. Handles pretty well for an old race car.

Porsche 917/30 Spyder (1970)

1200 bhp. 4 gears. After accelerating fairly slowly for a brief moment, the race car accelerates like a space rocket. 0-62 mph (100 km/h) time of 2.3 seconds, 0–124 mph (200 km/h) in 5.3 seconds. Wow. You will need to brake hard and early to make this thing stop from the enormous speeds it achieves.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (2016?)

The GT4 version of the Cayman. I'm not much of a fan of the modern race cars as opposed to the street cars, as the race cars tend to feel very similar to each otehr. The Cayman actually felt fun.

Porsche Panamera Turbo (2016?)

The family car with 550 bhp, which is over 100 bhp more than the 911 Carrera S. But it's a big and heavy family car. I would achieve a close lap time with the Panamera as I did with the 911. I can imagine it being fun to overtake BMWs and Audis with it on the Autobahn, but in the game it's just so heavy and stiff that it's not very much fun to drive.

Porsche 918 Spyder (2016)

The hybrid hypercar from Porsche, rivaling the Ferrari LaFerrari and McLaren P1. Incredible performance and handling. The PDK transmission is really the only one that makes sense in a car like this. A manual transmission would just be slower and would feel like the stone age.

Posted on: 2016/10/28 23:45

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
From Assetto Corsa's Facebook page:

We’re proud to announce 2 pieces of FREE bonus content, coming soon to Assetto Corsa on Steam as part of our next major update.

Mazda 787B

Back in 1991, Mazda became the first Japanese manufacturer to win the 24 hours of Le Mans, with the Mazda 787B. This Group C sports prototype weighed in at just 845kg and was capable of reaching top speeds of over 340 km/h, as well as producing 690bhp at 8000rpm, thanks to its Wankel rotary engine.

Mazda MX-5 N/A

Introducing the Mazda MX-5 first generation, the car which revived the classic roadster in the 90’s. Produced with a 1.6 Litre and a 1.8 Litre engine, with the latter capable of 128bhp. The modest power was more than enough to push the lightweight body to over 200 km/h.

Stay tuned for more info on what to expect in Update v 1.13 on PC

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1826853174007659

Two very different cars, but I've seen many requests for both on various forums. Thanks to its Wankel engine the 787B sounds crazy. 700 bhp from a 2,6l engine is also quite the achievement.

The first Mazda MX-5 (Mazda Miata in the USA) should be a fun little car thanks to its small weight.

EDIT: The update is out now and also brought in New Porsche 911 RSR 2017 for Porsche Pack 3.
- Added reversed grid races: The race session will be restarted in reversed grid order based on the standings of the previous race. Players disqualified in the first race will start from the back of the grid in the second race, regardless of their position being within the reversed grid range.
- Added Mandatory Pit: A pit window can be added to the race session. As a design choice, players need to stop at their pit box within the pit window to have a valid pit stop. Players with pit boxes further down the pitlane need to take this into account before deciding on their strategy. Players may make additional pit stops before and after the pit window, but only making a mandatory stop in the indicated pit window will validate their race. Server admins must decide on a pit window that allows all players, regardless of their pit box position, to comfortably make a pit stop under normal racing conditions.
+ lots of fixes

Posted on: 2017/3/21 15:27

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
From the Assetto Corsa Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1915188928507416

Introducing "Ready To Race", our all-new DLC for Assetto Corsa, available for PC Steam on May 18, then in the near future on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. "Ready To Race" includes ten new cars from AUDI, Lotus, McLaren, Maserati and Toyota, providing the "most wanted" models ready to race!

Our all new RTR DLC provides a great variety of models that mix technology, power, history and design from Italy, Germany, Great Britain and Japan, resulting in a package designed to meet all your wishes!

CARS INCLUDED
* Audi R8 LMS 2016
* Audi R18 e-tron quattro
* Audi TT Cup 2016
* Audi TT RS (VLN)
* Lotus 3-Eleven
* Maserati MC12 GT1
* McLaren 570S
* McLaren P1 GTR
* Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
* Toyota TS040 Hybrid

May 18th also sees the launch of Update v 1.14 on Steam. Check out just some of the changes you can expect below...

* Added wind algorithm
* Added AI Aggression selection
* More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
* Added AI wing setup variations
* New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
* Improved Downshift Protection
* Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement

Stay tuned over the coming days for more info on these truly incredibly cars and our next major Steam update.

Looks like mostly race cars. I'm more of a street car guy but may end up buying the DLC anyway at some point.

Posted on: 2017/5/13 12:07

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Assetto Corsa - Luca
We are incredibly proud to unveil Bonus Pack 3, coming as FREE content!
This new update includes seven amazing cars from Alfa Romeo, Automobili Lamborghini, Maserati and Pagani Automobili, that represent some of the excellence from the past and the present of our industry, in terms of beauty, elegance, technology, performance and heritage.

Assetto Corsa v1.16 Changelog

- New Alfa Romeo tipo 33 Stradale
- New Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 
- New Lamborghini Huracán Performante
- New Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
- New Maserati Alfieri
- New Maserati Quattroporte GTS
- New Pagani Huayra BC
- New Laguna Seca Circuit
- Corrected Porsche 908LH Fuel consumption
- Corrected Pagani Huayra front splitter aero position
- Added steering wheel alert on race start.
- Potential workaround for launcher losing input focus after session ends; reported after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
- Templates added for Bonus Pack cars
- Various minor updates to digitial instruments in older content
- Various minor graphical fixes in older content

Posted on: 2017/12/29 23:17
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Has anyone per purchased the new ACC or Assetto Corsa Competizione? It is in early access is quite reasonable at £22.49, not sure what that is in dollars. Am downloading it now, although I think it is quite a while before the full game is out.

Posted on: 2018/9/12 19:01
Click to see original Image in a new window

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

I haven't really looked at it yet. There is a good chance I will get it though. They did a great job on AC.

Posted on: 2018/9/21 1:08
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.