Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

SpinTires
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Spintires is an Intel® award winning off-road driving experience designed to challenge the player's driving skill and endurance. Take responsibility of operating large all-terrain Soviet vehicles and venture across the rugged landscapes with only a map and compass to guide you. Explore the levels and unlock portions of the map whilst discovering new trucks, fuelling stations, garages and lumber mills. Collect lumber with the crane attachments and try to deliver them to the objectives. Use the surroundings to your advantage, you may need to winch yourself free! The real-time deformable terrain will challenge even the most seasoned offroader. Do you accept the challenge

This is quite possibly the most realistic off road driving engine I have seen to date. The mud is deep moves around the tires and sticks to the tires. Dirt and rock perform the same way and water reacts very realistically with the trucks. When I saw the video on steam I was blown away!

Posted on: 2014/10/16 17:01
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Re: SpinTires
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

First thoughts:

After getting to play for a while I thought I would coment on a few things.

The good:

The game is visually stunning. The 3d modeling is the best I have ever seen. Most everything is a movable object that is held in place by the ground. Trees have branches that break off and can get stuck in the chassis and wheels. When a tree falls roots come out of the ground and the entire tree becomes an obstacle to go over or around. Rocks slide, roll and will turn up and lift the vehicle just like they would in real life. Mud and water "hang on" to the vehicles much like you would expect them to.

The trucks react well to the terrain and the damage showes realistically where it is hit and parts will fall off the trucks. There are many pieces to the trucks and each one takes damage differently as if it were actually made out of different materials. The suspension and chassis move and flex just like the real thing. The tires are soft and flex over the terrain as well.

The not so good (not great but doesn't really detract from the game):

Textures are not as high resolution as expected but still look good and are balanced.

When you actually find some pavement where you would expect good traction it isn't quite there. It isn't horrible but does take a few seconds to get used to. Kind of like wet muddy pavement.

Controls for the log crane are finacky and quick but usable after practicing fo a bit.

The bad:

There is no tutorial for the game and there isn't much documentation that come with it to explain what you are supposed to be doing. You are pretty much left to figure it out on your own. Not incredibly difficult but can get frustrating.

The camera view is moved with the mouse and is very hard to get used to. There are no fixed cameras that you can move around where you need them. The mouse is also used to click things on the screen during game play and switching back and forth is done by clicking once. Very hard to do after playing ArmA for so long.

In all this is a good game. It took some time getting used to all the controls and how gameplay actually works. I can't count how many times I got stuck and had to reset my vehicle to try again. Once I got the hang of it, recalling some real life know how to get around in deep mud and climb over obstacles, it became quite the adventure. I am looking forward to trying out more and different ways to get around and make better progress in the game.

Posted on: 2014/10/18 4:06

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
On sale now at 50% off.

The game has gotten better with the inclusion of a fixed camera over the cab of the trucks that can be moved around with the mouse and many of the bugs have been fixed. Gameplay is much smoother but there is one bug that was introduced with the fixed camera that doesn't allow you to activate fuel hot spots unless you are on a different camera mode. For only $15 it is worth a try.

Posted on: 2015/6/13 18:39

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I do like the look of this. I'm sure it is a surprise as was Euro truck sim.

Posted on: 2015/6/13 21:31

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

An update so big it is a new game with a new name...

In all honesty it isn't really that new. It has some general UI tweaks, the textures are much better, controller customisation is easier and they finally figured out the in cab view. Other than that not much has changed from my perspective. I'll let Spun (Spintires truck mod man) tell you his side of things...

Currently I only see Tink has purchased it along with myself. It is a great game and gets even better with mods. Mod support is iffy at the moment but it is being worked on. Hopefully they get it all working soon. 

If you currently own Spintires you can grab it for only $15. If you are buying for the first time it will run you $30.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 1:37

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Been having fun with this game. Hope they make mods for consoles so I can put my Tacoma in the game.

Posted on: 2017/11/19 13:24
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.