Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »

Re: Assetto Corsa
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Wobbly is absolutely correct. As has been shown over and over again, you don't need a steering wheel to get good lap times. Wobbly is constantly in the lead with his gamepad. But now Vrindu is has shown a new level of driving ability with his steering wheel setup.

Having a steering wheel and pedals (and a gear shifter...) greatly enhances the experience. You know how playing an FPS or the latest NHL game feels nothing like the real thing? Playing with a steering wheel in the cockpit view gets you very close to the real feeling of driving. Of course you won't feel the G-forces but you do control the car just like you would in real life. Just turn off all driving aids, especially automatic gearbox, and you won't regret spending so much money on a wheel as you're having so much fun. :P

Different games have a different kind of a feel to them. Assetto Corsa is a very realistic simulator where driving is intuitive. Something like Need for Speed Shift is fun to drive, but not very realistic, which made it less fun for me. Even different sims have a different driving feel. You'll just have to see what suits you.

Posted on: 2015/1/31 15:20

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
Hello, If you put me in BF4 i'd be hopeless, racing is my thing. I've been racing competition karts (125cc) for 20 odd years so I accept that a good bit of kit (wheel and seat) adds massivly to the immersion. When you really belive your in a car, in the right seating position, It means that extra step between what the head thinks and input to the controllers. I can't use game pads. never have. Viper has had a go on my setup when I brought it into work and although it would take a good hour to get used to he was definitley getting to grips with it. La Ferrari has caused me more grief than the other cars weve tried so far. I did find a setup that seems to help. I'll try to work out how to post it up....

Posted on: 2015/2/21 18:08

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
The first DLC, named Dream Pack #1, is available for pre-order and is out 11th of March. On the same day Assetto Corsa will be updated to version 1.1, which allows modders to use new features such as four-wheel drive in their mods.

Dream Pack #1 comes with the 20 km Nurburgring Nordscheife track (with three layout options) and ten new cars, including the Nissan GTR Nismo 2014 GT3.

If you pre-order it, it's 10 €, otherwise 15 €. Needless to say, I pre-ordered it right away.

Posted on: 2015/3/4 17:18

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

pershainovitsh wrote:
If you pre-order it, it's 10 €, otherwise 15 €. Needless to say, I pre-ordered it right away.

Same here Al

At last, some new 'official' content.

It will be interesting to see how Snoopy's mod track compares with the official laser scanned track!
I didn't realize there will be three layouts for the new Nordschleife track.
Some exiting cars in that lineup too.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/dreampack1/

Posted on: 2015/3/6 17:48

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
From Assetto Corsa's Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1067364639956520:0

Dear followers,

Our development team is working hard on the next release of Assetto Corsa, that will upgrade the main version of the game and will include important additions. We would also like to thank you for all the constructive criticism and helpful tips you submit to our official forums everyday helping our team to improve Assetto Corsa at the best.

Graphics
We are redefining some features related to post processing effects, HDR and particle rendering optimizations that improve graphics environment, lighting and framerate performance. The engine has been optimized in order to guarantee a more stable framerate in all conditions, including single-player and multiplayer races. Smoke effects have been also improved, fixing an issue that affected the performances when huge amount of smoke was generated, especially at race starts.

Artificial intelligence
CPU occupancy has been optimized to guarantee better and more stable performance. Furthermore, we worked to improve interaction of AI with each other and against the player car, as well as their "racing attitude”. The result is less collision accidents, better and more predictable lines and greatly improved race starts, delivering a better racing experience.

Flag and rules
The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer. More details regarding this feature will be available at the release.

Overcast conditions
Next build will introduce the option to define the sky/weather conditions: player can choose between light/heavy fog, clean/light/heavy cloud, that affect lighting, visibility, track temperature, and so on, adding more immersion, different racing scenarios and environmental effects. As usual all the conditions are moddable and new ones can be created by the community.

Damages, views and sounds
Several parameters and functionalities related to damages, head movements, mirrors FOV values, reverberation and environmental sounds have been added or optimized, improving the overall driving and replay experience.

Replays
Assetto Corsa replays are universally appreciated for their fidelity, resulting in very realistic movements, car behaviour and camera management, but resulting also in high requirements in terms of hard disk and memory space. Unfortunately such big files are not easily handled by players who join or organize leagues and online championships. Next build will add quality settings options that allow up to 4x smaller sizes and longer replays.

Pre-order and release date
Assetto Corsa is not in Early Access anymore but that doesn’t mean that development is finished. As promised, the Dream Pack will also include several improvements, optimizations and new features. All the new code features will also be included for free on the main simulation, to allow gamers to enjoy Assetto Corsa and the new Dream Pack even more. However the process needs time to be completed. The release of the Dream Pack and of Assetto Corsa 1.1 is confirmed for Q1 2015. Thank you very much for understanding, for your kind support and passion.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 13:28

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Vette!

Posted on: 2015/3/11 3:20
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I had a quick go with the Dream Pack DLC. Unfortunately, the launcher kept crashing all the time; first in the main menu, then on the first lap with the Alfa Romeo GTA, then on the second lap with the Alpha Romeo 4C (it even locked the wheel to one extreme; had to unplug and plug back in to fix) and then randomly a dozen times. Most often it crashed the game too, not just the launcher you use to select cars and tracks, but once the game survived in the background. I'm going to wait until Kunos releases a hotfix before I play again.

Anyway, I did get to drive a bit with some of the cars on Imola. The Alpha Romeo GTA didn't feel like anything special, but then again, the game crashed on the first lap. It's a very light car with a smallish engine.

The Alpha Romeo 4C felt very stiff, and changing gears up always sent the wheels spinning for a fraction of a second, or that's how I interpretated it. A pretty cool car.

The Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6 is the one with 4WD. I finished two laps with it, and I have a feeling it's going to be great once I start understanding how to drive it.

The Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 EVO II wasn't very special either at the first glance. High revs with an AMG engine, lots of power to the rear wheels, quite easy to spin. Could be a good challenger for the BMW M3 E30 DTM.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 18:49

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Some people on the Steam forums suggested to remove all mods or reinstall the game to stop it from crashing all the time. I did both, and now it only crashes rarely.

The new Mercedes-Benz has become my favorite of the bunch so far. It's got plenty of power and it's agile. Just like the racing versions of the old M3 E30.

Many of the new cars are incredibly fast. The old McLaren F1 GTR is still one hell of a car and could compete with modern cars, I think. The McLaren P1 is similiar to the LaFerrari and the Porsce 918. Extremely powerful hybrid with state of the art engineering making driving easy enough. It has tons of downforce and for the first time, a working DRS system! You can bind the DRS to your button of choice in the options and tilt the rear wing to gain speed at the cost of downforce.

Nordschleife is going to take a while to get adjusted to. I don't think I still have gotten a qualified lap on it.

Posted on: 2015/3/13 18:12

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Yep. The two McLarens are my favs followed by the Merc and Vette!

The crashes are definitely caused by mods. The URD Corvette has been patched and the rest will follow to be compatible.

I have removed all mods and will reinstall as they are fixed.

NB: I find most of the new car paints to be shit uninspiring! Check out RaceDepartment for some lovely new skins

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/ac-skins.7/

Posted on: 2015/3/13 22:56

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Assetto Corsa received the 1.2 update today. It features numerous fuxes, tweaks, improvements, NEW CARS and A NEW TRACK!

Here's everything about the update from Facebook. Strangely there's nothing on the official web site nor on Steam about it.

ASSETTO CORSA 1.2.0 + FREE BONUS PACK AVAILABLE TODAY AT 10.00 AM Pacific Time / 19.00 CET The new build 1.2 of Assetto Corsa is finally available for all users on Steam today, at 10.00 AM Pacific Time / 19.00 CET, at the URL http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/. The new version provides a considerable update and adds five new cars and one circuit as free bonus content. The free bonus pack does not introduce only new content but, more importantly, new features and sensible improvements, in all sectors: artificial intelligence, physics, multiplayer features, graphics and general performance. The changelog lists all the updates, fixes and modifications applied to the new build of Assetto Corsa, that now is even more stable, and includes new physics algorithms regarding the tyre model, force feedback and artificial intelligence. Here is a description of the main areas of fixes, content and features included in the Assetto Corsa v.1.2 update:

General The updates related to the physics engine and force feedback allows to appreciate even more the new cars included in the bonus pack and rediscover the old ones, since all the previous and existing content available in Assetto Corsa have been updated to take advantage of the latest improvements. Some graphics glitches known since the 1.0 version have been fixed: motion blur feature now works properly on any circuit, tyres “glued” to the road in multiplayer have been corrected, and two new features have been added for the driving view: now the dedicated app allows to find automatically the proper eye position, showing also a visual indication for suggested eyes position and actual eye position for Driver Eyes, in order to help gamers to find the correct match, if they desire to set it manually. All content has been updated in order to set a better driving view position with any car. Also, the limits from Driver Eyes Positioning app have been removed, in order to allow players with dedicated rigs or cockpits, free to set their prefered driving view. A huge operation of fine-tuning has involved all the car values, including lods, instrumentation, 2D/3D details, skins, and so on. Furthermore, continuing the general process of improvement, the game now features glowing brakes for high performance and racing cars.

Physics Differential were updated with the latest electronic wizardry in order to simulate the intricate torque vectoring system at the base of the Nissan GTR incredible handling. Tyre model was also improved by refining the pneumatic trail math model to generate a more self aligning torque, together with improved relaxation length model it will now feature a much smoother ride and more consistent steer feedback. Artificial intelligence Artificial Intelligence is sensibly improved both by making it closer to humans performance in corner exit and in general race craft during the race; AI is now able to choose the proper tyre compound for a given session, better handle turbo strategy during qualify and race, improved DRS usage. Driving lines have been improved, as well as the ability of AI drivers to overtake each other and the player. Now they are more aggressive, and they take advantage of any mistake to take your position.

Multiplayer The update of multiplayer is the result of the feedback received by the community, that asked for more stability and better tools for a more consistent multiplayer experience and leagues organization. Amongst the various bug fixes included in this update, like the corrected checksum for circuits that use the new configuration system, better collision samples triggering, tyres that properly jump together with the car and so on, we also get some brand new and highly requested features. We now offer you the possibility to limit the tyre choice, weather settings on the server side, lock of new players joining races, complete last lap in qualify and practice, add ballast for players and much more. Even more importantly a new complete server side UDP plugin for real time data input/output has been implemented. This particular feature will be of great help to all the league organizers and could bring very important developments in AC multiplayer in the near future.

New content Regarding the selection of the new cars, the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde joins the fight versus the 500 Abarth EsseEsse and can also teach a thing or two against some older RWD machinery; the Audi Quattro is a legendary car so loved by car enthusiasts. The Audi had over 300bhp and 4 wheel drive in the mid 80s. A tuned step1 version with locked differentials and more power has been added to satisfy the hardcore car enthusiasts! The Lamborghini Miura SV is the first Lamborghini model officially added in Assetto Corsa. It defined the term supercar back in the 60s and now we give you the opportunity to drive this million value piece of car history. The Toyota GT86 is a very balanced car, and for this reason, maybe is one of the most wanted model included in the new package. This car has been developed in cooperation with RSR Nurburg, that knows each single secret of this modern hachi-roku (eighty six), a car that makes every car enthusiast yell with excitement and every tyre tremble with fear. The Nissan GT-R Nismo introduces in Assetto Corsa the active central differential and it's the second 4WD car now available after the Alfa Romeo 155 DTM. The Circuit of Zandvoort, a well-known motorsport race track located in the dunes north of Zandvoort, Netherlands, is the latest addition of the new build: the circuit gained popularity because of its fast, sweeping corners such as Scheivlak as well as the "Tarzanbocht" (Tarzan corner) hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight. Tarzanbocht is the most famous corner in the circuit. Since there is a camber in the corner, it provides excellent overtaking opportunities. It is possible to pass around the outside as well as the easier inside lane.

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1193519894007660

Of course I had to test the cars right away. I started with the Audi Quattro, which produced about 300 bhp. It's an old car that gets nervous when braking from high speeds. To be honest, I didn't really like the car. It just gets really uneasy under heavy braking and the four-wheel drive makes the car prone to understeer. But the BMW M3 E30 was similiar (minus the understeer) in the beginning. Maybe I'll get to like it in the future. The base version is pretty much just as fast as the E30 on Imola, my test tarck for all cars. The upgraded Quattro with about 400 bhp is a bit more fun, but still not my cup of tea, at least not yet.

The next car would be the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde, but as it had even less power than the other dull and boring FWD Alfa Romeos and not even a manual gearbox, I passed and went on to the more exciting cars.

The Lamborghini Miura SV is based on the very well-made mod which I have driven before. 60s cars with lots of power and horrible handling characteristics are still not my thing, so I passed this one as well.

Now here's a car I've been waiting for: The Nissan GT-R Nismo! Earlier we got the GT3 version of the Nissan GT-R with RWD, but it's nothing like the street version, which has an advanced AWD system. The GT-R has over 600 bhp and over 600 Nm of torque, meaning that you always have a lot of torque to use, no matter the revs. 0-100 km/h is close to 2 seconds. This was fun to drive, and it was competing against cars such as the McLaren F1 GTR and the Corvette C7R. This is quite an achievement from a somewhat affordable car.

The last car to try was the Toyota GT86. It only has 200 bhp, but it's a well-balanced car with a nice tendency for oversteering. Despite its relatively low amount of power, it's fun to drive around the track.

There's a new track called Zandvoort, located in the Netherlands. Unfrotunately I had already put away the wheel when I remembered the new track.

Posted on: 2015/7/31 18:56

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.