Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »

Re: Big changes with last update...
Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
That is sort of the idea behind it.

There are loot points all over the map (lets use, for example, the gun house). There are some gun houses near the coast, where new spawns will loot them.

If one gun house on the coast has an item that gets looted, then one of the other gun houses on the map will spawn an item within 5 minutes (not sure of the exact timing here).

The gun house that gets the loot spawned in it could, in fact, be a gun house that is near another spawn point (i.e. on the coast somewhere), but probability says it would end up somewhere else on the map.

Conversely, if a gun house in the middle of the map is looted, then items may spawn at a gun house on the coast. However, since there would be a higher probability of those new items being looted, logic would say that there is more loot to be found (at least more often) in the middle of the map than on the coast.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 16:26
Click to see original Image in a new window

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
I'm going to have to test some of these... but the biggest mind=blown item on here I've seen so far is...

A USE FOR BOOKS!

DayZ Crafting

Check it out, and memorize some of the recipes so we can test/make them. If I remember correctly, we have a deer pelt in the tent (provided it is still there after Wednesday).

Posted on: 2015/4/24 15:00

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Burn those books!

"Where they burn books, at the end they also burn people."

-Heinrich Heine-

Posted on: 2015/4/24 19:55

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information

Posted on: 2015/4/27 20:06

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Things are shaping up.

- The zombies are much better and more lethal. (keep an eye out for topless old man zombie. He will kick your ass)
- There is one pre-alpha ground vehicle type with multiple random spawns.
- The tents, backpacks, and rifles are persistent.
- Most of the map is populated with structures and zombies.
- There is a new island
- Apple trees may save your life
- Pond water may give you an illness
- The animals are improved
- Did I mention grenades, bear traps and mines??

There is much to ponder. A revisit should be considered...

Posted on: 2015/5/1 21:37

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
Also, interesting side note, you can craft many different items, including two-shot suppressors for rifles, backpacks, and ghillie suits/weapon wraps!

ALSO:

Posted on: 2015/5/2 13:56

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

This is a post I wrote on the PCGN forum.

Now I've always been a big critic of the standalone, but I thought I would post my personal update on the game as it is at the moment.

The Good:

• The ability to drive around the map has opened a lot of the new areas of the map to people who normally hung around nearer the coast, I hope more players with start venturing away from the shore.
  • The game in general runs smoother for me that it use to. (Although not perfect)
  • The zombies are far more of a threat now, and the day they bring the horde feature in will be the day it becomes a ZOMBIE survival game.
  • The use of tents brings back great memories of playing on the PCGN original vanilla DayZ server where you had to really think about where you hid your base.

The Bad:

• The way the loot spawns still bothers me, its far to hard to find food etc. where you spawn in. Twice by the time I had ran inland enough to find food my character fell unconscious due to starvation. Only when the help of =SWF= members have I got the stage I am at now, you may think this is a good thing as it encourages team play but the map is big and if your teammates don't have a vehicle then there is no way they would get to you in time.
  • Although the smoothness of the game has improved, its still poor and I hope when they redo the engine the improvement will be worth the wait.
  • Needs more vehicles to open map up to more players.

Summary:

The game is defiantly showing more potential, although there is a long way to go. I have been enjoying it for the first time since I brought it and I think that is largely due to the numbers of =SWF= members playing the game now, strength in numbers. I would strongly suggest anyone coming in as a new spawn do it with teammates. I know Scriv has posted our TeamSpeak above and any PCGN members are welcome to join us. I will try not to eat you.... for some reason Phoenix took offence to finding me with Mcguirk steaks on me lol! :duel:

Posted on: 2015/5/4 12:16

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
We were able to clean-up this mess before Lambourne could eat any of his 'McGuirk' steaks.

Posted on: 2015/5/4 22:02

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information

Posted on: 2015/5/6 2:13

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Nice, fras. I especially like the one through the window.

Posted on: 2015/5/6 13:00

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.