Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 »

Re: Assetto Corsa
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I've had a lot of trouble with my in game controls (steering mainly) since the update.

This explains a lot especially steering sensitivity.
I will go to work to achieve perfection!!

http://simhqmotorsports.com/assetto-corsa-hints-tips-part-1/

PS: Saturday sounds great!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 21:46

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
The force feedback effects are better than ever, I think. I can seriously feel the difference between 90s street, modern day street and semi-slick tires on a BMW M3 E30. Driving feels amazing on any car.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 21:08

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Assetto Corsa 1.0 has been released! For a while it was 1.0 Release Candidate, but now it's officially out. The new update fixed bugs, made some tweaks and added a slightly different Alfa Romeo Giuletta to the game.

Notable things from the change log:
- New Alfa Romeo Giuletta Q.V. 2014 Launch Edition
- Updated tyre model for all cars
- New sounds for Lotus Type 49, Ferrari F40 and Ferrari 312T
- LaFerrari has modified active aero and tyre model
- Zonda R, Huayra, 599XX have now tyres that are more load sensitive and more speed sensitive. Laptimes should be slower. Please give feedback on driving feel. Keep in mind you're going to be slower, give it some time.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/asset ... detail/141066961014018953

Posted on: 2014/12/19 13:17

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
From Assetto Corsa's Facebook page:

"RUF CTR YELLOWBIRD, available soon as gift item to thank all our users! Stay tuned."

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa ... /1034797849879866/?type=1

The RUF CTR Yellowbird is a modified version of the 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2, with the help of a turbo, the power raised from about 230 bhp to about 470 bhp, while the torque got up from about 284 Nm to 553 Nm. The car was also made 200 kg lighter, and with the weight being only 1170 kg, can get from 0 to 100 km/h in 3,7 seconds. Numerous other modifications were made as well. Looks like a great car!

Porsches are very well-known sports cars, but thanks to EA having an exclusive license to them, the closest other car games can get is RUF's modified models. I'm sure it will be one hell of a car in Assetto Corsa (and other games), but still... it's not a real Porsche, and neither will the other RUFs be. Need for Speed: Porsche 2000 made me a Porsche fan, but Electronic Arts has made it impossible to drive a Porsche in a simulator. NFS: Shift was sort of half-way between an arcade racer and a simulator, but Assetto Corsa set the bar so high, it's just not enough. Anyway, it's a new, free car, it looks great, and the performance is great, so I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun with it!

Posted on: 2014/12/23 16:16

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing about a new reveal that would happen today. As it turns out, it was a Lamborghini license! No word on what models will be included, but I wouldn't be surprised if the classic Miura and the new Aventador will be included.

This is from Kunos' Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/posts/1041609242532060

Dear AC followers,
this has been a really great year, and we want to finish at the best possible way. We are proud to announce the official license of Lamborghini Automobili in Assetto Corsa, with a selection of the most beautiful, powerful and iconic models of the prestigious Italian Car Manufacturer. With the addition of Lamborghini, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Alfa Romeo, Ford and many other contents, Assetto Corsa will bring you the best selection of GT, sportcars and prototypes ever seen in a racing simulation.

Reproducing the cars of an iconic brand like Lamborghini Automobili is a huge honour for us, as well as a very important message to our fans: the decision to make such a huge investment after Assetto Corsa has been released, is the result of our strong believe in this project and in this community. It also means that in the mid future you can expect developments for Assetto Corsa that go well beyond the generic "additional contents".

As said before, the version 1.0 of Assetto Corsa signifies not just the long-term achievement but also a new start.
Our team is already working on contents and features that are scheduled for release during 2015. Some of those have yet to be unveiled, but we are excited about them and confident that we will amaze you once again. Finally, with the inclusion of the Lamborghini license, about fifty additional cars officially licensed will be included in Assetto Corsa during 2015!

You probably already know all about the first additional package as it is the most anticipated by the community, and we bet you want to know more about it: the Dream pack, featuring the Nordschleife official circuit, for the first time fully based on Laserscan technology, will be a total blast! Your racing experience will be elevated to a brand new level. The production and testing of this package has required a huge work, resources and manpower, but we are sure you will appreciate it, turn by turn, curb by curb. Starting next week, we'll share with all our fans the work in progress and the news about the state of completion of the track and the ten awesome cars included in the package, namely the Alfa Romeo's 4c, 155 DTM and GTA, the McLaren's P1 and F1 GTR, the Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014 GT3, the GM Corvette C7R GTE, the Mercedes 190 DTM and Sauber-C9 and the BMW M235iRacing VLN. We will also inform you about pre-order, price and release date.

Someone says that good things need time. Thank you for your patience and your support, as always all our efforts are focused to improve your Assetto Corsa experience even more.

Welcome, Lamborghini. Welcome, 2015!

Posted on: 2014/12/31 15:51

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
The release of the DLC titled Dream Pack is confirmed to be released in 2015 Q1. Within the first four months of the year, that is.

On the other news, I've spent several hours driving nothing but the RUF "Yellowbird" CTR. Mostly for the monthly challenge, but I've had lots of laps on other tracks with and without AI opponents. And it looks like the Yellowbird is my new favorite car! It has the classic 911 looks, lots of power, and great handling. Driving the CTR feels very intuitive; I know exactly what I did wrong if I start losing traction, and it's easy enough to settle it down again. It's an absolute joy to drive this car!

Posted on: 2015/1/14 18:59

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Think I must be driving a different car
It is fast, but is a handful. Brakes are not the best and doesn't want to steer. However that being said it certainly takes a lot more skill to dive than some of the more compliant cars. Tried Vrindu's set up today and it is awsum. I really want a wheel now

Posted on: 2015/1/14 21:17
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
You're right about the weak brakes. I don't think there's a problem with steering, vice versa. I think the CTR has the best handling in the game. You need to help it steer better by using oversteering to your advantage. I have no idea if this is more difficult with a gamepad, but for me driving all these difficult cars has become a second nature.

The Yellowbird is often compared to the Ferrari F40, which has a similiar amount of power. I think the F40 is more eager to kill you in the twists and turns, and when it starts spinning, it's very difficult to recover. Not with the Yellowbird. Or maybe it's just that I've played Assetto Corsa for well over a hundred hours now. There's only one way to know for sure: driving and comparing both the F40 and the CTR for several hours!

Posted on: 2015/1/15 17:13

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Are any of our competitors racing with a mouse and/or keyboard?

Do you have to purchase a steering wheel to get a decent time?

Posted on: 2015/1/30 23:58
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

sfscriv wrote:
Are any of our competitors racing with a mouse and/or keyboard?

Do you have to purchase a steering wheel to get a decent time?

A very quick reply to both questions scriv

Q1......NO. I think this would be virtually impossible to get any 'feel' and would probably put you off driving games for life!

Q2......NO. Viper and myself play with a Logitech Dual Shock controller:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Dual-Action-Game-Pad/dp/B0000ALFCI

You can see for yourself that we are up there with the 'wheel and pedals' guys time wise.
For the price this controller gives good feel for steering, throttle and brakes.

However, if you can afford wheel and pedals you cannot beat the immersion this creates.
I know Taz, Al and Vrindu use lovely setups. Vrindu (who works in the same office as Viper) told me he can feel which wheel of the four is giving way and can compensate to stay in control!
I'm sure Taz and Al would back this up.

Good wheel and pedal setups are very expensive, but are totally worth it if you love driving games.
Guessing the cost of Taz and Al's gear, I would say around £200.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-00 ... acing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4

Vrindu has spent around £500 which include the seat etc.

I would advise getting the Logitech controller as a cheap introduction to driving games. Any controller would do the job as long as there are two sticks, one for steering and one for throttle/brakes.

Posted on: 2015/1/31 1:44

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.