Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 12 »

Re: Assetto Corsa
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
The race is on! I'll try to beat your time first thing in the morning! Luckily school starts so late that I can do that.

It seems you were playing in time attack mode, where you are awarded points and only have a limited time to go through the track. You gain more time by going through a checkpoint before the time runs out. I usually use the hotlap and practice modes when I'm playing, since they don't have a time limit.

Would you have a challenge for me in turn? I will still try to beat your time with the 458 on the Nurburgring GP, but I could still try to beat another one on another track or another car.

If more Spartans played Assetto Corsa, we could have a SWF leaderboard for a few tracks. At the moment, both Wobbly and I would reach top 3 every time

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:37

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I will find a challenge for you Al
I think the Ferrari Nurburgring will continue also

Have you seen all the apps on the right of the screen if you move the mouse pointer to the right (while sat in car)?
Just discovered it today!

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:47

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I have seen them, and I'm using the one called "gear" (or something alike) that shows the gear and the revs are shown as a line going in a circle around the number. It also seems to show how much power the turbo is outputting, if the car has one. Another one I use is the one that shows the current lap time. You can drag these apps so you can place them wherever you like. I think this is a really cool feature.

I also happened to stumble upon the friends leaderboard app. It's the one down in the bottom. (scroll down to hte very last one). I don't think it creates a ghost car, but it should at least show your friend's time on the lap. The bad thing is, it only records the best lap in hotlap mode, and my record is about 2:11, while Wobbly's is 2:14. Time to break those records again!

Posted on: 2014/3/16 20:00

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I will try again on hotlap rather than time attack then. I missed the leaderboard.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 23:37

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Thought of you Al when I saw this:

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/ubb ... re_Fast?_AC_C#Post3706857

Might be fun to check out their weekly challenges.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 23:55

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Looks like we hava a bit of a challenge going here. Next time I get a chance I will have to see where I stand.

Wobbly,
Try out Live For Speed before you commit to F1. I have it as does Al. The BMW Sauber comes with the trial version and you can play online with no time limit. The graphics might not be as nice but the physics are very close to Assetto Corsa.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 5:00
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Today I happened to start playing at the same time Wobbly was playing. Both of us were trying to improve our times in the 458 challenge. I was struggling to even get to the finishing line without going off the track, which means the lap time wouldn't count. Then Wobbly presumably ate a turbo charger and got 2:07:xx. I was getting times between 2:09 and 2:10. Wobbly went nuts and got to 2:05 and I have no idea how.

I tried the F40 on Mugello challenge again, and failed miserably. The F40 is incredibly difficult to drive, and insanely easy to lose control of. Mostly I'd blame the turbo kicking in. When it does, so much power is sent to the rear wheels that it's easy to understand why do I keep spinning out of the track. Especially in corners you have to be extremely careful with it.

But it wasn't all failing in Assetto Corsa. I played the challenge where you have to drive a McLaren around Silverstone in time attack mode. You have limited time, and more time is added on checkpoints. You also get points for having a lot of time on the clock when you pass the checkpoint. First I didn't do that well and didn't even reach the bronze position. (a certain amount of points) But I had learned the track and the car, and went for a retry. After about six quite fast laps I reached the gold position.

Posted on: 2014/3/17 18:56

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Very useful guide to AC

http://simhqmotorsports.com/assetto-corsa-hints-tips-part-1/

Taz, I have tried LFS but am struggling with the controller. I have no wheel ATM.I get throttle and steering on the same stick which is a bitch!

Posted on: 2014/3/18 14:01

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Can't you put throttle on the right trigger and brake on the left, for example? I don't know what kind of a controller do you have, but the Xbox 360 and Ps3/PS4 controllers have pressure sensitive triggers, which should be suitable for driving games...until you get a steering wheel. And that's a good guide you linked. I wonder why I didn't bookmark it when I read it a few days ago.

I've got good news for the Porsche fans! The AC developers announced on Facebook that they'll bring in three RUF cars in the future, one of them clearly being the RUF CTR "Yellobird", which is based on the 1987 Porsche 911 Carrera. Some of the readers may be wondering why didn't the devs just get a Porsche license? That's because the worst company in America, Electronic Arts has the full license for any Porsche cars in any game, and no one else can use them or get the license. At least not without paying a hefty price, which the small Italian AC dev team cannot pay. This is why you only see Porsches in the once so good Need for Speed series, and all the other games use RUF's, which are basically just more powerful copies of Porsches, as far as I know. Still, this is good news for a Porsche fan like myself. And once multiplayer comes in, we can get Ferrari vs (almost) Porsche races.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 15:09

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I see there is a third person on the leaderboard

I am getting regular 2:07s. We will have to compare our settings eg.ABS etc. I will post a screen. I might have an unfair advantage somewhere!

Good news about Porsche. I wish there was news about the game, as in Career and Multiplayer.

Edit:
Here we go, my realism settings and preferred view.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:45

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 12 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.