Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

DayZ War Stories
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Reinforcements Arrive in DayZ Epoch Sauerland

Phoenix and I took a nice tour of the map. I took a break.

Later, I came back on TeamSpeak and was not planning on coming back to online gaming for the night. McBrag was in-game (Epoch). He was conducting a C-130 crash site AI bot mission and had just been killed. Alright, it's time for a rescue mission. McBragg was about 2,000 meters away from the mission site and I was over 10,000 meters away from his body.

When we arrived, there were still four AI bots active on the objective. McBrag was able to get to his body and grab his equipment. There was a manned 50 cal, one AI crawler and two AI patrolling. We wrapped up the mission with the biggest benifit being getting McBrag's gear back and the backpacks on the AI.

Good deal! We are all warmed up. There was another mission that just started about three kilometers away. Let's go. We flew, landed, and ran along a ridge. This mission would be different as the AI bots were much closer to the woodline about 300 meters. There were 17 bots. I do not know about this. I told McBrag, "This may be too many bots. Oh, what the hell. Why not?"

There were three vehicles on the objective (Ural, Fuel Truck, HMMWV Ambulance) and three 50 cal machine guns on tripods. We coordinated the take down of the heavy weapons and the party began. Amazingly, I was not swarmed by roaming zombies. I was shot two or three times, but managed to stay behind the tree for cover.

"Wait! What's that? A helio...," we both noticed. McBrag and I both checked to see if other players were on the server. No, we were alone. AI bot helio patrol? Not this time. Parachutes started opening. It was reinforcements and McBrag and I were running low on ammo. This is not going to end well. I counted approximately five parachutes deploy as I opened up on the aircraft. I directed fire on the pilot, rotor assembly, pilot, and the aircraft began to slide off to the side. I believe the pilot pumped out of blood. The aircraft fire-balled. McBrag was out of ammo. Time was up the vehicles disappeared. We finished off the remaining enemy and loaded up the loot that remained.

Posted on: 2014/3/8 0:18

DayZ War Stories
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Day Z Standalone v0.57

The developers are attempting to improve performance. With version 0.57, persistence has been turned off for loot items and tents. There are very few Zombies on the overall map currently.

Although there are still some Zombies to be found, I discharged my primary weapon in a medium-sized town to take out a nearby zombie and to hear the sound of the weapon. The weapon firing sound was awesome and the zombie dropped with two shots. Two more zombies charged down the same path. As I was dispatching the third, I noticed I was surround by four more zombies. I broke free as I started shooting indiscriminately to break contact. I was bleeding, my weapon was empty, I was making for a break in the fence, and I still had four zombies wanting to tear at my flesh.

I made it out the fenced-in-area to rolling terrain and lured the zombies away from town. Bandaging was my first priority. I needed more distance and a place to hide. Bandaged, it was time to finish what was started. The zombies were wandering the nearby woods. I closed the gap with the closet zombie, raised the red dot site, and began the dance once again.

Surely, that was it for the whole town. I can probably fill up my canteens, right? No! I was getting low on ammo and there were two more to be granted a second death.

It was intense.

Needless to say, the Zombies are shaping up nicely.

Posted on: 2015/6/14 14:00

N/W Airfield Close Encounter.
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

After the other night where Scriv and McGuirk were going on about Mr. Moon's YouTube videos, I spent a good part of a day watching them all. I agree they are brilliant.

Unfortunately, there has been a side affect....... My need for human flesh in the game is now stronger than ever!!! So, I logged in on a 50 slot server (I got the last slot) and went straight to the Northwest Airfield.  Upon arriving, I got out my bino's and scouted the area.... it seemed quite, perhaps too quite.

I started looting and looking for a decent gun as I still had the .22 pea shooter :(. I moved down to the officer's building in the middle of the airfield area. There were dead bodies everywhere outside officer's building, I think I counted 11 bodies.  This made me feel much outgunned. I switched to my 1911 pistol and entered the officer's building cautiously. There were 2 more bodies inside.

I started looting the bodies, but all the good stuff was ruined or had been taken already. Of personal importance, some of the remains did still have human flesh remaining on them. I was looting the last body when suddenly heard someone loading a gun outside. A chill ran down my spine. I was not well enough armed for a fire fight only having 1 clip in my pistol and the .22 rifle. I had left the front doors open. I decided to chance it and run out the building not knowing how many were outside. I got to cover opposite undetected and watched as 2 geared guys crept to the still open door of the officer's building. I still had to cross an open space to get to the safety of the forest.

However, I was not willing to pass up the opportunity to get some fresh meat before I departed. I selected my rifle and peeked around the corner of the wall. I shot both of them..... They did not die and ran inside as they were bleeding. I decided this was my chance and ran towards the forest. Just as I reached the forest all hell broke loose! A hail of gunfire came at me, making my screen go black and white. My sound was gone temporarily! I ran zig zagging through the trees. After about a 3 minute chase, I lost them.

I will have to go hungry for another day.   

Posted on: 2015/9/13 13:33
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: DayZ War Stories
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Sounds like fun, Lambourne. You got them both with the sporter, impressive. Still,
I live by a strict kill all cannibals rule.

Posted on: 2015/9/14 13:22

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Is that a threat, against a team mate? I will not hesitate to kill you in self defence! Even if it ruins all the gear you have! You have been warned! :)

I found a UMP last night and about 10mins later I was shot in the back. I jumped a mile! So I'm a new spawn atm.

Posted on: 2015/9/14 14:39

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
It is a 'treat' and, definitely, not a 'threat.'

Posted on: 2015/9/15 0:33

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Ha I really need to read my posts for typos before posting.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 11:30

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I understood what you meant. I just could not resist.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 1:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.