Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

PS2 Great Moments
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
You know the thrill of defending Check Point West on the Battlefield 2 Highway Tampa map for a whole match. I have been experiencing similar instances in PlanetSide 2.

- Massive battles raging for extended periods of time
- Retrograde withdrawal under pressure
... Taking up a temporary defendable position. Inflicting damage on the enemy wave, breaking contact, assuming another fall-back position to repeat the damage.
... Using a rock out cropping, slope of the terrain, and position within the friendly forces
(Retrograde - defensive operation involving organized movement away from the enemy)
- See an enemy advance stall-out and the tide of battle turn to your side's favor
- Lose a base and then retake it

Story one - On Esamir and Indar in a Lightning configured for Anti-Infantry. Our team got beat-back for about two kilomters. Staying alive and fighting under intense pressure was amazing.

Story two - On Indar the team fought a long hard battle. We lost a base, recaptured the base, and were pushing up a massive plateau. I was in a Sunderer near the front resupplying ammo to armored vehicles. Not far out the gate of the base and we were taking a pounding. I need cover! There was a large rock outcropping short distance up the road to protect my right flank. I made it and the continued damage subsided. I deployed the Sunderer, made repairs, and awaited reinforcements. The armor reinforcements did not materialize from our newly recaptured base, but infantry began to spawn on the Sunderer. We were getting pincered (two pronged attack). The fighting was getting close and more intense on our back right and was less intense and distant to our front right. I was primarly fighting off aircraft as the infantry and armor held back the enemy's ground advance. I got out of the Sunderer several times to repair the ever fewer friendly armor vehicles. We fought hard and the enemy began to amass forces to our front and were now within striking distance. Underfire, I jumped out the Sunderer and quickly emplaced two Anti-tank mines. Time was running out; the end was near. Our guys were dropping like flies and the enemy was now danger close. Fire, keep firing. The Sunderer was taking heavy damage and enemy Harassers were approaching. I was hitting them with the Bulldog grenade launcher as the enemy Harasser moved along side my vehicle. We all went lights-out in a huge explosion. I do not know the total damage inflicted on the enemy in that encounter, but two more enemy Harasser operators were unable to continue the fight at that moment.

Story three - I ran about two kilometers on foot to avoid being audio-spotted for the engine sound of operating a vehicle. The extra time spent running paid off. On the Lattice (required sequence of base capturing), my target was the third base away - the Tech center which is likely the most important type base on the map. I was an infiltrator and using the Stalker Cloak (persistent cloak if not moving). I would engage and disengage depending on the likely possibility of being detected. I hacked the Terran Republic's vehicle terminal at ground level away from the main building. Snuck to the very top floor about 8 stories high main building (Al would be proud). Hacked every single gun torret, the three aircraft terminals, went back down to hacked the last two vehicle terminals in the main building, and returned to the top deck. I ended up using hacked anti-aircraft torrets to engage wounded enemy aircraft as they landed to ammo resupply. I moved to other two bypassed bases and hacked the vehicle terminals. Our team ended up quickly capturing two normal bases and the Tech center because I had prepared the conditions for success. It was great.

Posted on: 2014/3/31 19:03

Re: PS2 Great Moments
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
On the Amerish map at the Bastion wall outpost with three capable control points. I was repairing friendly gun turrets when I noticed the flags were being capped. I was by myself at the outpost and by the way the flags were being capped I correctly assumed I had one opponent. Point "B" went first and I was on the other side of the base. I noticed the flag cap and continued to repair. There goes "A" point. Repairs finished and I remembered one of the Anti-vehicle turrets has a very good view over the last flag. I waited patiently ensuring not to move the turret much to give away my presence. Waiting, waiting. Here he comes. He is dropping off the wall. One missed somewhat good shot opportunity with no shots fired, setup, and wait. Nice, fire, and head shot. I recapped the flags and started repairs on the other side of the base. That guy had no idea what hit him. Rocked his world with an anti-vehicle cannon shot to the head at 30 meters. Oh, yeah....

Here is the kill:
http://www.planetside2.com/players/#! ... 186718631773009/killboard
Mar 31, 11:50:08 PM
Spear Phalanx Turret (Anti-Vehicle)

Poor New Guy
He was a new Rank 10.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 4:54
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Great stories Scriv!

The last one at Bastion, I love that base!
I have been in the same situation. I see 'A' go, then 'B' starts flickering. I'm normally quite annoyed by this as I have a few turrets yet to repair!
Anyway, I usually place a couple of Betties at 'C' and carry on repairing.
Then boom

I also remember defending an Amp Station once against a major attack.
The battle must have raged for an hour at least. Air attacks, Sunderers deploying, tanks gathering at the shields, those damn light assaults coming over the walls!
I think the generators went down at one stage and tanks came in.
After an hour or so things started to ease off and they eventually moved to another target.
That has to be up there with my best gaming experiences.

PS: Have you tried the ps-universe.com killboard Scriv? It is a lot better and has a direct link to your official stats. You need to register.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 16:01

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Great stories...... "Only in Planetside 2" ( I'm sure EA won't mind me borrowing their tag line ;) )

There is something about its scale that just draws you in, huge Galaxy convoys always make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end ........ particularly enemy ones.

Posted on: 2014/4/4 22:22

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I've just shot down a Galaxy in my Lightning and there was 10 guys on board!!

Check out 10:25 AM

http://www.planetside-universe.com/ch ... 6774993.php?tab=killboard

That guy at 10:27 AM killed me while I was still watching the kill score come in!!!

Edit: I've just seen on your killboard BTTF, you got a MAX Punch kill.
Awesome, I've not seen that before. I bet that was satisfying

Posted on: 2014/4/5 15:39

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Quote:

wobblyone wrote:
I've just shot down a Galaxy in my Lightning and there was 10 guys on board!!

Check out 10:25 AM

This looks better:
https://www.planetside2.com/players/#! ... iew=timeline&filter=kills

Posted on: 2014/4/5 19:42

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Killed 15 with one death in a Anti-Vehicle turret. Shot down a Liberator, destroyed a harasser, and blew-up a Sunderer. Most of the kills were dismounted infantry. The most fun was the three infiltrator kills. I heard them cloak, I exited the turret, I cloaked and nearby. Waited for them to convert the turret and shot them in the back of the head.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 0:38

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Great fighting Scriv!
Sometimes you are in the right place at the right time, and it can be a turkey shoot.

I get a lot of Infiltrators hacking the turret I am occupying. When you hear them de-cloak, move quickly (when your turret is hacked) and you catch them standing with their hack tool
(Remember to enter the turret with your primary weapon selected)

Posted on: 2014/5/13 19:26

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
A number of days ago, I found myself in a Anti-vehicle turret. There was an enemy harasser about patrolling the area.

He stopped close; I shot and hit.
He streaked across an icy pond; I hit him again.
His situation was getting more desperate as he launched himself into the air about 15 to 20 feet at the edge of the pond; Direct HIT in mid-air at the apex of his ascent!!
The Threat was eliminated in a cloud of smoke and fire.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:10

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.