Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

It is with deep regret......
Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
......that I have to hand over lead K/D to Wobbly

My K/D has finally become victim to teamplay since playing with ORBS Special Forces.
You would approve Scriv it's all 360 security, move and cover, stacking at door ways and securing control points...... and dying, sometimes a lot of dying

Posted on: 2014/4/1 19:40
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: It is with deep regret......
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
This is a first!

I know your K/D would be possibly 5 or more were it not for the sacrifices you are making for ORBS team-play. Fair play.

As you can guess, I'm still hiding in my lightning (and occasionally Vanguard) farming infantry.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 19:50

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Keep up the good work !

It peaked at 3.9 before joining, missing the farming. I even got the HE rounds for the lightening !

Posted on: 2014/4/1 20:02

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Sadly I have now set up my Vanguard for anti infantry. Thermal for both, radar, fire suppression and racer chassis!
I do enjoy some hand to hand when I lose my tank though.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 21:23

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
There are some sacrifices with every decision. Are you enjoying the teamplay?

Posted on: 2014/4/1 21:33

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I think you might be directing that question at BTTF Scriv?

For myself, I might be lone wolfing but I am mostly helping my team with supplies and repairs and also cover. When the NC are trying to capture a base I like to cover (farm infantry) doorways and approaches (and spawn rooms) in my tank to help them break through. In this situation I have normally mined around the enemy vehicle consoles

I still feel part of a team.

Posted on: 2014/4/4 15:58

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I was directing the question toward BTTF.

I see both sides of this issue. Both assist the overall team effort. I have fought in both manners.

Very recently my K/D took a big hit (for the gaming session) at Bastion. We repelled four separate waves of attackers (3 Vanu and 1 Terran). I had some success with my best effort being my single handedly taking out two enemy infiltrators who were camping a flag. The rest was pretty ugly. I do not regret the sacrifice in K/D and I learned from the experience. Lesson: One of my character spawns was near a infantry kit terminal. I took a pretty good hit going out the door. I should have switched temporarily to Medic to get my health back up to 100% before going for a revenge kill.

Posted on: 2014/4/4 16:21

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
It is easy to forget the possibilities when near a terminal. One is to run back to a terminal to change to medic, revive a team mate then change back.
The number of times I have re supplied with mines and run out forgetting my NV scope. Or change your camo.

Posted on: 2014/4/4 16:40

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Yes I am Scriv, reminds me of the PR days.

There's usually a 1.5 hour drill night once a week practicing move and cover, building entry and secure on friendly territory. Then into a fight.

On one of the new small Amerish underground areas with 3 entry points, which we held for a good time against double our numbers before the inevitable Max crash. But it's a good feeling when you win a good fight because you worked together.

They see Sunderers as the biggest asset to an enemy advance so we will often search them out in a Galaxy and drop and destroy, this is sometimes a bit hard on your K/D.

While the average age of the outfit is probably quite young, the SF guys are disciplined and work well together. In fact on normal nights I find it quite frustrating when the squad is dotted around the area, wandering off to camp the spawn room, followed by the loss of the control point, then fighting to get it back and finding ourselves sandwiched by the enemy now coming from the spawn room and getting wiped out.

Far better to hold the room and sit it out.

While Wobbly farms the infantry leaving the spawn room with his Lightening :D

Posted on: 2014/4/4 22:10

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

BackToTheFight wrote:
While Wobbly farms the infantry leaving the spawn room with his Lightening :D

Ah! but not many make it from spawn room to capture point alive
If I'm covering (camping) the spawn room, I always try to be between spawn room and capture point.
This gives the team a better chance of defending it (hopefully)

Posted on: 2014/4/5 10:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.