Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

ETS2 was on sale on Steam for 6 euros... (still is until 15:00 GMT) It even came with the Eastern Europe expansion. My friend convinced me into buying it.

There is actually a multiplayer mod in the works. You'll be able to drive on your own or join one of their Virtual Trucking Companies. The CEO will be able to hire and fire drivers, as well as buy and sell trucks. Better do your job well!

At the moment the mod is in closed alpha. The trucks are lagging back and forth, and it looks like there's no collision detection yet. Anyway, multiplayer does sound like a cool addition. I can imagine some Top Gear style hilarity ensuing while driving with other Spartans.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/euro-truck-simulator-2-multiplayer

Posted on: 2014/4/8 10:57

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I believe I see a company called SET (Spartan Euro Trucking) on the horizon. Or some other variation of that.

Posted on: 2014/4/18 23:03
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
After a few beers I thought it would be a good idea to become a lorry driver. So I started up ETS2. At first I had to do jobs for others, since I didn't have a truck of my own. After a couple of easy jobs I got a 100 000 € loan from a bank and went to the only truck dealer I had on the map: a Volvo store! So I bought the cheapest Volvo I could find and I was ready to get some real money.

The downpayment for the loan was just a bit below 3000...a day. I had about 4000 on my account, so I didn't have to worry. Then I started getting jobs. I even managed to reverse the trailer into the designated slot many times! The last job I took was getting a bit long, so I checked the music player again in the options. I selected the radio tab and clicked "update". This way you can listen to online radio channels. I listened to some rock channel from Liverpool for a while, but I didn't like it very much. A channel called Rock and Pop from Hamburg (?) proved to be good right when I selected it. They were playing Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics. I tapped the steering wheel to the catchy rhytm as the huge Volvo went through the rain in the dark. The channel even had some Queen on it, but then the driver started yawning. Maybe he had listened to Somebody to Love one time too many, but I think he was just tired of driving all day long. Thankfully the destination was only a few minutes away. I used the auto-parking function and speeded to the nearest rest stop to get some rest.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a surprisingly addictive game. Even though it doesn't have a storyline, it seems like there's always a goal. The first goal was to get a truck. I could have worked for others for less money and buy my own truck without a loan, but that would've taken ages. Now my goal is to pay the loan, get a better truck, and hire someone to drive the one I'm currently driving.

A fun little thing: if you drive a truck 90 km/h on the 12th gear for a while, and then switch to a Ferrari that goes 90 km/h on the first gear, you do get a sense of speed in Assetto Corsa. The acceleration with the trucks is insanely slow, but it's understandable with all the load.

Posted on: 2014/4/26 22:35

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is now 75% off on Steam; it's 4,99 € until the end of June.

Posted on: 2014/6/21 16:46

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Added a video to the first post

Posted on: 2015/2/25 0:40
Click to see original Image in a new window

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
Me,Spartan and Iwazzio just started a trucking company today. It is the Spartan logistics LLC. We have mostly been trucking online the past 3 days. And it keeps getting better and better. If your interested in joining my fellow Spartan Brothers Here is the link to the Application.
http://myvtc.net/r/53467

Obviously any Spartan brother will get a automatic Entry.

Hopefully we see you on the Euro and American roads soon!

Any Questions or if you don't get accepted with in a day please let me, Spartan or Iwazzio know and we will get you in.

Also with fallout4 right around the corner a couple of us are prob. gonna be taking a little break.

Happy driving Spartan Brothers!

Posted on: 2015/11/9 1:45

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Sounds fun Fras!

I've just re-installed as I haven't played for about 2 years.

I really loved the game and put in a lot of hours, but it seems I have lost my game saves due to updates etc.

I will be happy to bring my wheels to the company!

What do I need in the way of mods and addons? Also, do you need to register with World of Trucks?

Fallout4 looks good, I'm back into Elite at the moment scraping credits together for the upcoming Horizons update.

Posted on: 2015/11/10 16:55

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2015/11/11 2:44

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
Hey wobbly yeah all you need is euro truck multiplayer which heres the link!

https://ets2mp.com/

^with that, you have to create a account to download it. Just connect it to your steam account. As for World of Trucks you don't have to but i would it gives you extra features like customizing you license plate ect.

Love Elite cant wait for Horizon Gonna be mind blowing!

Posted on: 2015/11/11 12:48

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
Oh one other thing the multiplayer DOES NOT support any other mods.(all official DLC add-ons does) So if you are running mods. Disable all of them. While running multiplayer.

Posted on: 2015/11/11 12:54

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.