Site Admin

See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2014/4/11 19:47

Re: Forgotten Hope 2
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg836/scaled.php?server=836&filename=minimapq.jpg&res=medium[/img]

Forgotten Hope 2 (FH2) is a mod for Battlefield 2 which portrays World War II in a way that focuses on historical accuracy and tactical gameplay.

The current Forgotten Hope 2 version (2.4) covers well-known battles of the war and other not so well known in North Africa, Greece, and Normandy. You can play as German, American, British, Canadian, Australian or Italian soldier. Fight in battles in their most glorious and gritty forms. Tank battles, artillery bombardments, dog-fights, rifleman firefights, close quarter shootouts, and objective missions can be experienced in both Multi-player and Single-player/Coop game modes.

You too could join the troops in the trenches!

http://www.moddb.com/events/2010-mod- ... oice-mod-of-the-year-2010

Posted on: 2014/4/11 19:53

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Note
Before installing Forgotten Hope 2, make sure your Battlefield 2 installation is up to date. FH2 requires Battlefield 2 patched to version 1.5. Remember that you have to apply patch 1.41 before patch 1.5.

FH2 Launcher
The new FH2 Launcher is now the regular way to install, update, and play Forgotten Hope 2. Simply install the FH2 Launcher into your Battlefield 2 folder. It will start the installation or update your existing build to the latest version.

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php?

Posted on: 2015/2/25 3:05

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
pershainovitsh
FH2 Tales from the Front
27 OCT 2011

I have to tell you an amazing experiences. I had two server choices: one server with 20 players and one with three players. Obviously, I chose the first one. The lack of players was a bit irritating, but didn't make the game any worse. For this Forgotten Hope match, we were the allies. Almost, everyone in my fireteam was using in-game VOIP which was working surprisingly well.

We were constantly updating each other of the situation with each flag. We called-in airstrikes for our pilot to drop his payload. Throughout the match, we were giving each other advice... It was perfect. The match went on for about two hours. This map was designed for 64 players with the understanding there would be heavy casualties. Our team faced stiff resistance, yet, each time we were able to overcome.

We were providing the target information for our pilot. We guided him to the enemy at the closet flags and he destroyed them. The pilot was also providing us target opportunities. He identified the location of enemy AA guns and other ground vehicles. We took them out. It was a seamless co-operation.

At the end of the game, our team possessed all the flags. Our victory was assured. Our squad strongpoint positions defending key flags parished one at a time. Before we knew it, our opponent had everyone of the flags we had fought so hard to control. As it turned out, there were not enough players on either team to defend every flag. Each team was down to about 40 tickets each. Our tickets were bleeding. Action was required. We rushed from our main base to the nearest flag and for some unknown reason we couldn't capture it. We were running out of time. Was it a known bug? Or, was there a group of enemies hiding somewhere close? There wasn't time, so we moved on with little hesitation. We captured two flags quickly. Our tickets were still bleeding and the Germans had more tickets than us. We managed to capture the remaining flags. We were even able to seize the problematic flag we couldn't capture earlier. Our mission shifted to the defense. The Germans were down to about 15 tickets and we only had ten. As time ran out, the tables turned as if in slow motion and we were able to win a very close match. Down to the wire. Our team burst out in excitement. We had won. Damn, thrilling.

Fortunately that was not the end of a good day's adventure. I continued my online gaming on the same server. The opposing team complained about the last victory and blamed the team balance as the cause of their defeat. To appease our defeated foe, some of our team defected to the other side and some of our former enemies came to our side. Sadly, our fireteam now consisted of only two players: me, a Finnish player, and an American player. My other fireteam member was difficult to hear due to low voice volume. Literally, I could barely hear him. I assume he was playing at night in the United States and he had to be quite for other sleeping nearby. Even so, we still managed to have a good game. We were in desperate need of more men so we could be ready for any situation; such as an adversary's tanks in our sector. That match did not go well and we lost the game.

Then came the next map, one of the new winter maps. I was once again fighting alone with the same guy. We were off to a rough start and had already lost a couple of flags. He and I fought to regain one flag. The rest of our small team went for other flags only leaving one flag for the enemy to occupy. The battle ebbed and flowed. We would lose one and get one back. At some point a German player joined the server, joined our team, and entered my fireteam. Unfortunately, he couldn't understand English. We were a small force with limited internal communications. but we had fun. Our German fireteam member drove the tank. Turns out, he was really good at driving a tank. With time, my fireteam was once again full. It seems they were able to hear my voice through the integrated VoIP and understood English. Unfortunately, none of the new players had a microphone. Fortunately, they obeyed the orders from their fearless leader and we were able to defend the same flag for a good portion of the match. Time must have been flying by as I had been playing for four hours. After some intense fighting, my shoulders were stiff and it was time to call it a day.

So, what happened? What kind of experiences had I had? I had stormed bunkers and houses with a tommy gun, I had flanked a machine gunner with my American fireteam member and had actually survived long enough to have almost run out of ammo. I also hid from tanks, destroyed tanks, and ordered airstrikes on tanks. We had captured numerous flags and I had been lucky enough to be the best player on the team for the first round. It was a glorious day of gaming and I had accomplished more than I could have ever expected.

Posted on: 2015/5/16 22:28

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2016/4/10 3:32

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2017/4/7 1:58