Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

=SWF= ass kicking
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Ok guys lets admit it, monday night Arma 3 did not go well. This in my opinion is mainly due to people not being that familiar with Arma 3! I suggest we at some point get on a empty/ quite sever and learn the ropes! maybe do the project absloution myself and scriv played with bobo, but with just =SWF=

Posted on: 2014/4/29 2:35
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: =SWF= ass kicking
Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
I agree. I couldn't take any more of that tonight. I do not want to play Arma3 again until we've worked on being a cohesive unit. IMHO it was an utter waste of time tonight.we need that background radio chatter disabled asap. I can't think or hear any of my team with that shit going on. We really should have time to practice on the map we're going to play on, minus the opposing forces. Plus more than half our team showed up late. Let me know if these improvements can be implemented or you can count me out....

Posted on: 2014/4/29 4:40

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Myself and a few others have told Bobo to ditch the AI as they are a waste of space and a pain in the ass. I wouldnt say we need to practice the map as that would take the surprise out these things.

We all just need to spend abit of time understanding or changing controls, I have changed most of my keybindings into that of Arma 2. Get ourselves a few different kits made and saved on the virtual ammo box, my suggestions are: Close quaters, Sniper, AA, AT, Guerrilla Fighter/ militia and explosive/sabatour. Then just get on a game, get a feel of how it works and responds and practice!

Yes the first mission did not go well as we only had 3 of us VS 5 of them, but nobody checked it apart from myself and wobbly, I even posted extra notifications on the steam group and an event sign up on steam as well as our forum, a yes, no or maybe would be help so much guys.

I'm not having ago here btw! Thanks to Mcbrag, repcommando for showing up on the first game! Also thanks to scriv, mcguirk and phoenix(who was installing his ARMA 3 as we played the first game) for joining us on the second game, it was good to have a group together. That second game would have gone alot better if we were ALL more comfortable with the controls, i strggled to help with some of the questions as I am not 100% on them myself.

Posted on: 2014/4/29 18:59

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
It wasn't the controls that I had an issue with, it was that I had no idea how to play the game we were joining. I didn't know what was going on, and it was over before anyone could really decide what to do. We rode in a vehicle to a certain point, got out, then immediately got destroyed by armor that I had no idea was going to be there.

There was just too much confusion. We really need to have enough time for a briefing or something so that those of us who don't play Arma know what it is we are supposed to be doing.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 16:00

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Agreed, sadly those who took part the 2nd time around didn't get the same pre game briefing as those playing the first game, although there were details including a map on the forums days before hand.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 19:36

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
some of this was my fault as i was on your team but not readily available to join the action after the briefing.

But Lambourne makes some good points. Rules and a map were on the forum way in advance. The mission was on the server for 2 weeks before we played it as well. You're always welcome to poke around and see if you can get something on our server. But we may not always want the surprises ruined.

Further, this was a PVP mission through and through. The first round we added enemy ai due to lack of players. the second run half our side didn't get a briefing and we didn't coordinate any plans. And again my own presence would have helped in order to answer questions. Sorry about that guys, it's not every time i'm like that.

1. ditch the ai

you mean the enemy ai, or the friendly ai defending our spawn bases? or the ai in our squads?

2. disable radio chatter

this is client side guys, search google and turn it off however you find the way how to. i'd like to know too if you find out, it seems way more annoying in Arma 3 than in 2

3. controls

definitely a big issue learning a new game, or transitioning into a new control scheme. personally i enjoy the new controls, but definitely revert them back to a2 style if it suits your preference!

4. practice

fuck yea! keep an eye on pcgn forums in the a3 section for what we're doing server/mission wise. at least you'll find my posts there detailing everything . if your question isn't already answered there, then odds are i don't know the answer yet =b. but you can find which servers and what i'm doing on them and provide your feedback if you want to do some other things or see some other things

thanks guys!

Posted on: 2014/5/1 21:20

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
1. I did not know there was an event on Monday - my fault

2. Once I found out after the event had started, I did not want to be the one who showed up late. I did not want to be disruptive. I only jumped in because a couple =SWF= were saying they needed assistance with the fight.

3. =SWF= being the guerrillas should not have happened. It should be two equally capable teams.

4. I do not have the key bindings sorted out for ArmA 3 - my fault

5. The NPC AI bots should NOT be giving any orders to real players or kicking real players from vehicles.

6. We got butchered by an armor vehicle while we sat in a pickup truck followed by the NPC AI bot system kicking me out of a disabled armored truck (with a heavy weapon system) at least four times. At the same time, we were being base raped by an aircraft and the NPC AI bots were spamming orders.

Posted on: 2014/5/4 0:31

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
I will not be there tonite. I'm battling a cold and will be relaxing and getting to bed early.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 19:39

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Monday nights are not working very good for me. I am getting on the computer about the time these events are starting. Its too much like an extension of work,

Posted on: 2014/5/6 0:17

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Don't worry mcbrag there was no event tonight. Whatever the day the time is bad for me, now i'm going back to work I wont be taking part that often anymore

Posted on: 2014/5/6 13:00

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.