Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 38 »

Re: Assetto Corsa - Weekly Challenge
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Ah, the greatest cheat of them all, alchohol. I think I got to 2:16 on the challenge. It was about 5 seconds slower than Wobbly's time, as usual.

On a somewhat related note, Wobbly, start using a manual gearbox, even if you don't use a clutch. It adds a whole new level to driving. Which gear gets you to best revs, which gear gives you the best speed, when to switch, will I lose grip if I downshift now etc. Especially losing grip is a concer, as well as braking distance. I try to switch down one gear at a time to get the maximum gear braking (while braking with my right foot of course, and only using the clutch while changing gears), which can couse trouble if you're not used to the car. Just try to remember the race we had with the BMW M3 E30s with Taz. Taz and I have this whole another problem in our hands; when to shift, is it safe now... For me it wasn't, most of the time. I just kept spinning out in the corners. The M3 E30 is just really sensitive with the downchanges, and I haven't mastered it yet.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 17:42

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
This is getting serious

Posted on: 2014/6/29 0:22
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I got my time wrong, it was 2:19 with the Ferrari 312T on Silverstone. It felt like it may have had a bit too much grip, so I'll try adding more tyre pressure and see what happens. I also couldn't keep the revs up most of the time, so maybe I should tweak the gears too.

Last time I played I didn't see lap times by anyone else than Wobbly and I. Come on, step up for the challenge!

Posted on: 2014/6/29 11:03

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
2:16!! I just messed with the gears to get higher revs, but I think I'm not using the track's width well enough in the corners...

Posted on: 2014/6/29 11:34

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Al, you need to add the .XXX to your times. You are annotating 2:16, but we need the next three digits.

Woobly, I changed the original post to provide folks a single post to reference to find out what has occurred and what is planned.

Posted on: 2014/6/29 15:33

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
It's 2:16.881 according to the in-game stats. But in the in-race Steam friends leaderboard app it says that my best time is 2:18.417.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/4 ... BCC829704AFFD503C83BDA68/

Posted on: 2014/6/29 15:52

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Thanks, Al.

The benchmark has been set. Who can beat Al's lap time.

Get the engine warmed up for this one. Make sure your racing gloves are just right.

Posted on: 2014/6/29 16:34

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
So far I am on 2.24.563 Cant get near you guys. Have found Silverstone hard to learn and trying to keep the backside of the Ferrari inline is tricky. Hopefully when I get a gamepad I will have more throttle control.

How did wobbly get a 2.11.874 thats amazing he could have his feet up with a beer at the finish waiting for me to complete the lap

I like the challenge idea as I didnt have any goals before

Posted on: 2014/6/29 20:13

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

Madviper101 wrote:
How did wobbly get a 2.11.874 thats amazing

Very gently is the answer Viper!! I thought Taz and Al would whoop my ass on this one.

Posted on: 2014/6/29 20:18

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Now 2.23.723 still last

Posted on: 2014/6/29 20:48

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 38 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.