Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Standalone Tips
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
--DayZdb News--

DayZ standalone introduces much more complicated hunger and thirst mechanics compared to the mod. Instead of your hunger and thirst being satisfied as soon as you eat or drink anything, each type of food and drink restores varying amounts of energy and can add or remove water. Additionally, your stomach can only hold a limited amount of food and water.

Examples
When you eat a box of cereal, it restores around 1000 energy, and drains 250 water. Eating sardines only restores 333 energy, but adds close to 100 water. Drinking a can of soda restores a bit less than 150 energy and adds over 300 water, while drinking from a canteen doesn't give any energy, but adds 1000 water.

Effects
When you have less than 100 energy, you start losing health and blood. However, when you have a ton of energy and plenty of water (3500 and 3000 respectively), you start regenerating blood. Once your blood is refilled, you regenerate health instead.

Dehydration is much more dangerous than starvation: you lose five times as much health and twice as much blood. Once you accumulate a water deficit, it can be difficult to recover from it if you wait too long.

Status Messages
While they don't tell you exactly what's going on with your character, the status messages that pop up can still help you figure out what you need to get yourself healthy again. Keep in mind that there are other effects that share some of the same messages, so this is by no means a conclusive way of diagnosing yourself.

Hunger
When you're hungry, you see the following messages:
"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

When you're very hungry or starving, you see these messages:
"I'm extremely hungry", "My stomach grumbled violently", "I'm starving","I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

Thirst
When you're thirsty, you see these messages:
"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My mouth feels dry", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

When you're dehydrated, you see these messages:
"My mouth feels dry", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

Being Stuffed
You can also eat and drink too much and overfill your stomach. Once you see these messages, if you keep eating or drinking, you're probably going to end up vomiting.

• My stomach feels absolutely stuffed
• I feel over-fed
• My stomach feels much more full then it's normal
• I am close to vomiting
• I think I'm going to vomit...
• I'm going to vomit...

--DayZ Wiki--
Check out the commands page for key bindings beyond those listed in the menus
- If you are bleeding but have no bandages, remove your shirt and right click it to tear off a rag - this can be used to stop bleeding.
- Use "Tab" to view your inventory.
- You spawn with a Flashlight and Alkaline Battery (9V). Drag the battery onto the torch to power it. Drag the torch to your hand to wield it. Pressing space aims the torch ahead at the sacrifice of movement speed.
- If you can't find any servers, try clicking the "Internet" tab - it may be defaulted to LAN.
- Turn your gamma up from the menu to see better at night.
- For a map of the new: Chernarus.
- Use the number keys 1 - 0 to cycle through your weapons.
- Pressing space lowers/raises your weapon accordingly. If you aren't carrying anything space will ready your fists to punch.
- Hold down right click to zoom in.
- Holding Alt locks your movement, allowing you to look around while running without changing direction.
- If you are in need of rest sitting on the floor for a short while will help.
- Thirsty? Look out for Water Pumps in urban areas. Ponds and water pumps work for refilling water bottles. You need to have the water bottle/canteen in your hand, and you have to go into first person and look at the water to get the option to fill it.
- Unconsciousness is currently glitchy. If you fall unconscious try exiting the server and re-joining several times.
- You need a Can Opener to open canned food. Knives, axes etc. don't work.
- To get an icon off your hotbar, drag and drop the icon onto itself.
- Pay extra attention when looking for loot, some loot isn't immediately obvious.
- Bandages/rags for bleeding, Morphine Auto Injector for a broken leg, Epi-Pen for unsconsciousness, Blood Bags for low blood/health
- Avoid the coast unless you're looking for trouble. Head in-land after spawning.
- Poor framerate? Go to Documents > DayZ and open DayZ.cfg in Notepad. Change GPU_MaxFramesAhead and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to = 1.
- To avoid bad health, stay away from unclean water, rotten fruit, etc. and wear warm, dry clothes. Cleaning your wounds with alcohol helps to avoid illness too.
- If you are bleeding but have no bandages, remove your shirt and right click it to tear off a rag - this can be used to stop bleeding. Note: This does not work if your clothes are damp.
- Getting tired? Keep hydrated and eat. If you are in need of rest sitting on the floor for a short while will also help.
- If your head hurts, you need to drink water.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 21:40

Re: Standalone Tips
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
MordorHQ Forum
19 DEC 2013
phreec

When you spawn you're actually already hungry and thirsty, just not critically. When the hunger and thirst messages start appearing that means you're around 30% or so. Above that there are no indicators at all except for when you're stuffed.

A tip is to find a pond/river/well and keep drinking (first person, scroll wheel) 'til you get a message saying something along the lines of "I feel completely full" or "My stomach feels more stuffed than normal". With all that water in you you'll last much longer before you start seeing thirst messages again. When it comes to food it's a different story though as there are no infinite natural sources for it, only loot...

Posted on: 2013/12/19 15:54
Click to see original Image in a new window

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
DayZdb: Standalone Status Effects

The Hunger and Thirst guide detailed just three of the possible statuses that can affect your character in DayZ standalone. They're just the beginning though - there are many more afflictions you might encounter. In fact, this guide only lists statuses that should currently be in the game; there's several more that are partially implemented and probably coming soon.

DayZ standalone introduces much more complicated hunger and thirst mechanics compared to the mod. Instead of your hunger and thirst being satisfied as soon as you eat or drink anything, each type of food and drink restores varying amounts of energy and can add or remove water. Additionally, your stomach can only hold a limited amount of food and water.

Examples

When you eat a box of cereal, it restores around 1000 energy, and drains 250 water. Eating sardines only restores 333 energy, but adds close to 100 water. Drinking a can of soda restores a bit less than 150 energy and adds over 300 water, while drinking from a canteen doesn't give any energy, but adds 1000 water.

Effects

When you have less than 100 energy, you start losing health and blood. However, when you have a ton of energy and plenty of water (3500 and 3000 respectively), you start regenerating blood. Once your blood is refilled, you regenerate health instead.

Dehydration is much more dangerous than starvation: you lose five times as much health and twice as much blood. Once you accumulate a water deficit, it can be difficult to recover from it if you wait too long.

Status Messages

While they don't tell you exactly what's going on with your character, the status messages that pop up can still help you figure out what you need to get yourself healthy again. Keep in mind that there are other effects that share some of the same messages, so this is by no means a conclusive way of diagnosing yourself.

Hunger

Hunger goes through three stages: hungry, very hungry, and starving.

When you're hungry, you see the following messages:
"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

When you're very hungry or starving, you see these messages:
"I'm extremely hungry", "My stomach grumbled violently", "I'm starving","I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "My stomach grumbles", "I'm feeling hungry", "I want to eat something", "I feel hungry"

Thirst

When you're thirsty, you see these messages:
"I feel tired", "I feel run-down", "I feel worn-out", "I feel like taking a nap", "My mouth feels dry", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

When you're dehydrated, you see these messages:
"My mouth feels dry", "My head pounds", "My head throbs", "My head hurts", "I feel dizzy", "I feel light-headed", "I feel faint", "I feel unsteady", "I feel exhausted", "I feel extremely tired", "I feel thirsty", "I'm thirsty", "I need a drink", "I feel like having a drink", "I want to drink something"

Being Stuffed

You can also eat and drink too much and overfill your stomach. Once you see these messages, if you keep eating or drinking, you're probably going to end up vomiting.

•My stomach feels absolutely stuffed
•I feel over-fed
•My stomach feels much more full then it's normal
•I am close to vomiting
•I think I'm going to vomit...
•I'm going to vomit...

The Basics

Status effects, or modifiers as the scripts call them, usually have multiple stages that become increasingly more dire. An example of this is hunger, where you go from hungry to very hungry, and then to starving. You don't start losing health or blood until your starving, so the earlier stages serve as warnings.

Your character's health is described by several variables, which the status effects modify over time. When you spawn, you start with the following default values:

Health - 5000
Blood - 5000
Energy - 1000
Water - 1800
Stomach - 1000
Hunger - 0
Thirst - 0

Unconsciousness only has one stage, which causes loss of control of your character. It can be caused either by shock, or lack of blood. Shock comes from damage to the head, and can be reduced by protective helmets. Epinephrine resets your shock level, which would revive you unless your blood is too low.

The Cure
If due to shock, epinephrine will revive you. If it's due to blood, a transfusion or saline bag. You can't easily tell if you passed out to due to shock or blood loss, but if your screen wasn't gray when you passed out, it's probably shock. If no one is around to help you, your shock level decreases at 30 per second, so it is still possible to revive on your own.

Posted on: 2013/12/21 1:05

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2014/1/2 6:08

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information

Posted on: 2014/1/17 22:29

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
A total of 100 tips (in two videos) for DayZ Standalone. Answered some of my questions, and I learned a lot from these. Check them out guys!

Posted on: 2014/2/18 2:03

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Lots of good information there. Nice post. Now, you and I need to convince fellow Spartans to join us.

Posted on: 2014/2/18 14:28

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Another 50

Posted on: 2014/2/18 16:44

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
Scriv, my video is a playlist, with that second 50 video in it. Just click next on the first video to see the second one.

Posted on: 2014/2/19 5:52

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2015/9/20 23:11

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.