Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

Re: Latest Standalone news...
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Yes, the DayZ Developers are finally getting closer to including vehicles in-game. Long overdue.

Posted on: 2014/9/12 0:18
Click to see original Image in a new window

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Community Announcements - Hicks_206
As always, we will be watching server data, and the feedback tracker for any potential severe issues and will address them accordingly with a hot fix. For any bugs/issues you run into, please let us know by filing it on the feedback tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com 

Map and spawn changes :

Severograd, and new villages in vicinity

New items :

-Hunting Knife
-Balaclava (different versions)
-Firefighter jacket (different versions)
-Cattle Prod
-Stun Baton
-Telescopic Baton
-MASKA helm
-Medical Thermometer
-RDG-5 Explosive Grenade
-Soviet Officer Hat
-Various spawn table changes

New mechanics :

-New melee hit detection
-Player temperature
-Resuscitation
-Fibrillation
-New events (helicopter crashes, vehicle spawns etc.)
-New door implementation
-Players can now run up and down the stairs
-Zombie variations
-First iteration of central economy.
-Animal navmesh

New animations :

-Digging Animations
-New restrained crouch pose
-New restrained crouch walk
-CPR animations
-New zombie walks, runs, sprints and idle variations
-Ragdoll changes

Fixed :

-Duplication techniques removed
-Shotgun pellets in multiplayer are now working
-Player can no longer take an item in hand while handcuffed
-Various gesture related fixes and polishing
-Raised move with bow in Standing stance and rotations with bow
-Minor polishing for different reloads
-Unintended fishing cancellation by player movement should be reduced
-Wearing raincoat and gorkas now prevents you from soaking from rain
-Clothes drying revisioned
-Berry picking, tree and kindling gathering and worms digging can now be cancelled
-Player gets wet even when only partially submerged in water
-Ruined axe warning message
-Balaclava mask can get wet
-Weather client synchronization
-7.62x39 cartridges have weight
-Rags and sticks are spent when they are in hand before crafting starts
-Allowed swing detection for most melee weapons
-Added sound, music, radio and speech fade in dead state
-Battery licking animation for check battery action
-Various desync issues
-Various server performance issues
-Player can no longer change weapon when in water
-Player collisions adjusted to reduce clipping through walls in various situations
-Fixed an issue where certain gestures would not get called from raised stance
-Fixed footstep sounds in various moves
-Fixed an issue where the player could fall to the ground after performing "Drink All" action
-Fixed an issue where on occasion, one player restraining another would not result in succesful restrained animation on the player being restrained
-Fixed an issue where the player entering water would not get disarmed automatically under certain circumstances

Issues :

-Persistence (Events do not get loaded properly after server restart)
-Persistence (Server state can become corrupted due to grenades stored in containers)
-Melee (When using rapid left click there is a high chance that melee weapon will get switched)
-Broken shadows in some cases
-Zombies are unable to get into some of the buildings.
-Events (bad positioning on spawn, items might spawn below ground, can be seen on inventory screen)

Posted on: 2014/9/18 0:49
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Once vehicles are implemented, I will consider playing the standalone again.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 11:52

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Version 0.50 has been released

New Items:
-Brass Knuckles
-Derringer
-AK 74
-AKS 74U

-SPOSN backpack
-Waterproof bag

-Improvised Fish Trap
-Leather sewing kit (Riders jacket, military shoes, combat shoes, leather shoes, working boots can be patched)

-Lockpicks
-Rangefinder

-Firefighter Helmet
-Skater Helmet

New Mechanics:
-Two handed item throwing
-Barricading (Able to lock doors; persistent)
-Horticulture (Able to use greenhouses when you acquire seeds and fertilizer to grow plants)

-Soaking of items in backpacks
-Waterproof items
-Wring items

-Shoe degradation and comfort
-Duct tape repair and crafting
-Drowning

New Town:
- Novaya Petrovka

New Villages:

- Belaya Polana
- Topolniki
- Svergino
- Berezhki

Other New Sites:
- Military Base near Severohrad
- Svergino castle
- Pobeda dam
- Kamensk mine

Fixes:
- Fireplace functions at higher altitudes
- Breaking from restraints is now done through repeated alternated pressing of "A" and "D" keys
- Temperature is now affected by movement

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:09

DayZ Updates
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I read this in a blog discussing .51...

"I was just running around Svet with some friends new and old on a full 60 man server. TWO things of importance happened. One some SCrub kid runs up asking if we figured out a way to dupe in this Exp build as he couldn't. This gives some reassurance that game security changes have taken affect. He was Mob murdered by us. During the shooting, Everyone heard every single shot. We did a bit of testing by spreading out. All shots accounted and heard. No video was taken, but I'd like others to try and stress the audio out to confirm and see if they fixed or Improved audio."

Also, you can now skin and quarter a dead player. Yes folks, cannibalism is here.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 18:52

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
I've noticed a few more players in the stand-alone channel.
Where's at now ?

Posted on: 2014/11/16 22:16

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
There are issues.

The developers changed the functionality of the axe. Not as effective as it used to be. However, it may have to do with a change in the point of aim. With the fireman's axe, the point of aim, in order to register a hit, is at the zombie's waist. McGuirk shared that info with me. It seems to work pretty good.

The zombies do not seem to detect/agro as easily which is a good thing. The zombie relentless long distance pursuit seems to have been curtained which is another positive. The zombies are suppose to be blocked form entering a structure if the door is closed. About half the time, the zombies still find a way into the house. I had four chasing me, I jumped into a fire station, closed the door fast enough, and still got beat to death as I was applying a bandage. Some of the closed doors scenarios workout and others don't. You do not want to fight a zombie indoors in the close confines of a small house. It doesn't end well.

Audio. You will NOT hear a gun shot from 30 to 60 feet away, but the zombies will agro. Firing your weapon in the city by yourself can create quite a challenge.

You are close to death with hunger and thirst when you first spawn-in. Fix the situation quick or die.

The weather/temperature can be very cold on some servers (look when your character exhales - large vapor signature means its cold) and the body temperature feature is a bit too unforgiving as you will freeze to death relatively easy. One second of rain soaks you; unless you are wearing a rain coat or gorka. T-shirt is the kiss of death. Better find a jacket quick.

I want to love the game, but after a very long development period there is still an enormous amount of work to be done.

Some positive. Camp fire - good. Hunting functions most of the time. Fishing is suppose to function, but I did not have the technique or the luck to catch a fish. Shotgun good for killing zombies at medium range. Torso shot with a rifle kills a zombie. Not sure I like the expanded hit box for a kill, but is necessary given the poor state of the zombies.

Tents are in game. Too big and poor color choice. Disappointing! What the hell were the developers thinking?? It is as if they had not played DayZ before. The small lime green camo tents in the ArmA 2 mod were easy to spot. How about one three times bigger with silver as one of the colors. The originator of the current Standalone tent design should have a steamy pile of shit awarded to him at E3.

Some items are persistent most of the time. Backpacks and Rifles should survive a server restart. There is a Game-wide reset of Loot Wednesday early morning. The items with your character will survive the reset, but deployed tents will not exist after the reset. This will likely continue until the next update later this month.

Posted on: 2014/11/17 23:46

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Oh, there are definitely issues.

As it continues to develop it gets a little more interesting. While there is some PvP play, this is first and foremost a survival simulator and I think in that respect it is quite good and getting better. Just as in a real survival situation the more experience and knowledge you have the easier it gets. If you are a new spawn and all alone it is difficult. On the other hand, if you can link up with other players it becomes more manageable, and if those other players are experienced than you greatly increase your chances. Sharing gear and knowledge with each other is one of the great aspects of the game. You also have to be ready and accepting to having your player stripped of all his gear and starting over from time to time. Its frustrating, but if you take the attitude that this is still a work in progress, and you enjoy the challenge, then its not so bad. With your additional knowledge and experience you find it becomes easier and faster to reequip.

As far as the tents, that Scriv mentioned, being large and hard to hide, I prefer to look at it a little differently. If this were a real apocalypse, these are likely the kind of tents you would find at a typical camping store. Are they difficult to hide? Definitely. Does this add to the challenge? Definitely.

All I know, is that every time I link up with other players and we head down the road, I never know what interesting adventures lie ahead. That's the aspect of this game that keeps me coming back.

Posted on: 2014/11/18 17:56

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Ok thanks.

Its on my Steam wish list with the intention of purchasing if it becomes popular with most members.

We lack that one defining clan game that will bring us all together.

Posted on: 2014/11/19 19:42

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
"There can be only ONE!!"

Posted on: 2014/11/19 22:30

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.