Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ideal Kits / Classes
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
These are the kits/classes through the years with the Battlefield releases. On the far right is my concept of what "ideal" would look like.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Battlefield 1942
- Five kits
- Explosives were with the Engineer kit
- Ammo resupply was conducted interacting with a static ammo box

Battlefield Vietnam
- Four kits
- Human player deployable 60 mm mortar was added to the Engineer kit
- Ammo resupply was conducted interacting with a static ammo box

Battlefield 2 - Pinnacle
- Seven kits
- 6-man squad
- Stationary Anti-aircraft emplacement
- Functional Squad Leader and Commander

Battlefield 2142
- Four kits
- 6-man squad
- Sniper function and C-4 in Recon kit
- Anti-Tank function added to the Engineer kit
- Anti-aircraft function added to the Engineer kit
- Medic function added to the Assault kit
- Functional Squad Leader and Commander

Bad Company 2
- Four kits
- Light Machine Gun (LMG) assigned to the Medic kit
- Ammo function added to the Assault kit

Battlefield 3
- Four kits
- 4-man squad
- Anti-tank and Anti-aircraft functions with Engineer kit
- Medic function added to the Assault kit
- Support assigned C-4 and Mortar
- Squad leader "in name only"

Ideal FPS
- Five standard kits
- 9-man squad with two 4-man fire teams
- Some kits have team deployment limits
- Special Forces is an unlock kit
- Anti-aircraft function is added to Sniper
- Engineer could be a separate kit or combined with the Anti-tank function as depicted in the image
- Support has an assigned human player deployable 60 mm mortar
- Stationary player deployed emplacements (Anti-aircraft, Anti-tank, Anti-personnel)
- Functional Fire Team Leader, Squad Leader, Logistics Leader, Scout Leader, and Commander

Duty Position Functions
Assault – Primary killer, organic indirect fire
Sniper – Long range killing, surveillance, anti-aircraft (4 per team : 1 position available after every 10 players per team)
Engineer – Repair, mobility, counter mobility
Medic – Restore health (one in every 4 players)
Support – Ammo resupply, suppressive fire (one in every 4 players)
Special Forces (unlock) – Special abilities & unlocks and destroy equipment (4 per team : 1 position available after every 10 players per team)
Bots (NPCs) – Build, Dig-in, Repair, Transport, Defend

Kit changing – death, supply crates, APCs, main base
Spawning - Friendly control points, squad leader, squad leader deployable spawn point, APCs

Posted on: 2015/1/9 1:04

Re: Ideal Kits / Classes
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2015/1/9 2:40

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Having the C-4 with a Spec Ops class/kit with the primary purpose of infiltrating behind enemy lines and destroying the enemy commander's assets was the best utilization of the C-4 in my opinion.

Posted on: 2015/1/20 3:40

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
[QUOTE]...let's fight for a pc-version-spin-off for "tactical lovers" :D[/QUOTE]

The war was hard fought and lost. There were some small battles somewhat won: (Return of some partial integrated teamplay features)
- Commo Rose
- Commander
- Spectate
- Classic mode

They are but a shadow of their former self. Skeletons stripped of their meat.

Since the BF3 base game was my last Bad Company game (BF2 was the last Battlefield game), I am not sure with these features:
- Functional integrated VoIP
- Squad Management

Too many to list that should not have been added.

So for me, the fighting is over. I merely educate new battlefield players and encourage them to avoid gifting money to EA/DICE. That work is far from over...

A video from 24 APR 2013:

A video from 31 MAR 2011:

Turned out to be too many weapons and weapon options with BF3 and beyond. Kertz was obsessed with adjusting the numbers for the weapons and forgot about more important things. Disabling was poorly executed and became an undesirable feature. Body awareness - too many other important things to focus on; important features that are still broken. Reduce customization to balance gameplay and improve immersion. Too many distractions were created for the developers to waste their time on. There is only so much time, money, and developer man hours. Too many game modes and a huge waste of resources on the single player game mode. The majority of the time should be invested in the multiplayer conquest mode.

Posted on: 2015/1/20 3:42

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
From Mordor HQ forum participant Staazvaind

Quote:
...perks are totally meaningless due to enforced greed on stats for unlocks ...

... trying to attract console and COD players
..., the tactical essence and spirit that made the perfect mixture of action and teamplay fell aside.

While i was preparing for the meeting with David Sirland and Tompen next Wednesday,
I realized that the list is way too long to ever come true. It's actually a new game that
is needed to address the wishes of all those older players of the franchise.

The pain i see is: there is no sdk.

a mod somewhat between bf2 and project reality:bf2 on the actual engine would sell,
i bet everything i got

Perks = BAD for balanced gameplay
The quest for Perks encourage undesirable gameplay. The developers have many tools at their disposal to shape desirable gameplay. EA/DICE could have chose to reward teamplay and encourage courtesy. The developers chose to appeal to the casual super infantry lone wolf.

Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4 were all developed primarily for the casual Call of duty kiddie. The decision was deliberate. Electronic Arts (EA) declared war on Call of duty. EA focused development to be more like Call of duty for Bad Company, Medal of Honor, Crysis, Battlefield, etc. No franchise label was off-limits. All the eggs were thrown into the same basket. What was worse for Battlefield was EA/DICE lied for over a year to their decade long fans. The telemetry from Strike at Karkand and gathered from the Call of Duty franchise is how the decisions for gameplay were determined. EA/DICE has their perfect game that falls horribly short of what many Battlefield Veterans wanted. The big winners are the 13 year old Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD) hordes with their parent's money.

Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 hit a sweet spot between arcade and military simulator with some Real Time Strategy (RTS) thrown in with the integrated commander position.
Unfortunately, Teamplay was purposely removed from Battlefield.

Any future meeting with any EA/DICE employee will NOT bear fruit. Unfortunately, the leadership behavior and company culture at EA/DICE are UNETHICAL. So many lies...

The old Battlefield Veterans were intentionally cast aside. There was no mistake and no looking back. They are kicking a game a year out the door whether it functions or not. I still do not understand why DICE LA diverted a couple folks from the failed Danger Close - Medal of Honor: Warfighter disaster to pretend to work on the CTE project. Why bother? It does not make any sense. Where is the ability to bring in the mountain of money craved by the corporate headquarters. A NEW game is needed, but it has to created by a different development team that is not at all connected with EA.

The SDK will not be released anytime soon. There are some who believe the big sell for EA/DICE is the Frostbite engine for other game developers to purchase. Incredible graphics for all three platforms. The current EA games are designed to have short lives. EA wants you to purchase the next edition in a year. Mod tools are not in EA's best interest. They have to sell their Down Loadable Content (DLC). They do not want online gaming communities to have years of gaming fun with just one purchase.

Posted on: 2015/1/20 3:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.