Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Well, I've been a bit pissed off with the quality of games recently.
The main letdown being X-Rebirth. I was so exited about this game and it turned out to be X-Afterbirth!
The other games I'm tinkering with are all 'early access' so are not really ready, and I accept that.
Planetside2 remains constantly awesome but I need a diversion occasionally!

Things changed when I read a review of Black Flag in PC Gamer.
This is their summary:

'A gorgeous, relentlessly entertaining open-world piracy sim packed with interesting 18th century rogues'
Score 90/100!

After reading the review and watching loads of YouTube vids I thought 'what the hell' I really needed an adventure.
I'm a few hours into the tutorial section which is very useful if you haven't played any Creed games before like myself.
This game turns out to be 'Pirates of the Caribbean..the game' which is just how I wanted a pirate game to be. It is great fun to play, immersive and beautiful to look at.

You start out following the game story line (tutorial) which you can break away from and return to whenever you want.
The map is huge (the game is 17 gig!) but you will want to explore all the places you visit because there is so much to do.
You need money to upgrade your ship and personal weapons etc, so you take on 'jobs', look for treasure chests, find maps, discover secrets, hunt animals etc.
I love the ship controls. Movement is the usual WASD keys, but as you press W to accelerate you are shouting to the crew for more sails etc. very cool!

All this is happening in a bustling community of rogues and British 'invaders'. The Brits being your enemy because they weren't to friendly with pirates!

I'm very early into this game but can highly recommend it. If you fancy an escape from your usual games and want to taste the salt and feel the sea breeze on your skin, go for it!

Posted on: 2013/12/25 19:33

Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Fag
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Got it as a Christmas present. Looking forward to the adventure.

Posted on: 2013/12/25 22:32
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Cool! The characters are great too, I hope you enjoy it.

There is a multi-player option which I have not tried yet. I will look into it.

Posted on: 2013/12/25 22:43

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Might have to check it out.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 14:40
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
If you have played Assassin's Creed I, II, or III, you will feel right at home with this game. I recommend this game. However, if you grew tired of killing soldiers and climbing walls in previous installments you may want to pass.

As previously stated, this game was a X-mas present as was number III. I only played number III for a couple of hours and grew tired of it. Actually, it was more the allure of Battlefield or DayZ that pulled me away.

The sailing and naval combat do seem interesting and a Caribbean Adventure has its appeal.

A run down of my exploits:

- Survived a hurricane at sea

- Many failed rescue attempts of fellow pirates. I have only saved three individual pirates so far.

- I have pulled off two or three assassination contracts.

- Infiltrated a fortress

- Saved a Sage

- I visited Havana and cleared a different small island of all its soldiers.

My future apparently lies in Nassau...

Man the cannons and prepare to fire. Steady.. Steady.. FIRE!!!!

Posted on: 2013/12/31 18:14
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Wow Scriv, I'm disappointed you are not drawn in! I know this game is not for everyone, but I'm totally blown away.
I would say this is one of the best games I have played. I love the adventure and freedom of direction. Just typing this post I can taste the salt and hear my crew sing

I'm setting sail this minute to harpoon a few whales and sink a few Spanish galleons!

Posted on: 2014/1/1 0:56

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2014/1/2 16:01

Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I have ordered this game for PS4.And can't wait to play.

Can you do a custom name for your ship?

Posted on: 2014/1/16 19:57
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Hey psyco, you can't change the name of your ship but you can upgrade cannons, ram, and other weapons. Also you can customize the appearance with sails and wheel etc.

I would say this has been my best gaming experience for a long while. It's a fantastic adventure.

To get the most out of it play small parts of the main story, and do your own exploring.
When my ship was fairly weak I would watch the Brits and Spanish in big battles and finish of the damaged ships

Posted on: 2014/1/16 20:59

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Too Bad on the name.
I can't wait to play this Monday when it arrives with my PS4.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 14:14

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.