Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: BF WW1 Sort-of
Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Most of what you reported on is from BF3 or BFBC2.

No modding is still there, its their stupid choice, but it would not stop me from purchasing.

LAN ability is there, you can setup a local server, just not in the BETA, which makes sense, they are tracking feedback (if they do much with the data).

Battle Recorder is something of the past, now with NVIDIA Shadowplay, or Twitch, ect... they have little need for that, for servers with active admins (and there are still plenty even in BF4) bans come quickly if needed.

CommoRose is in BF1, hold Q and you get a wheel based selection menu.

Integrated VIOP is in BF1, not many use it as many use Discord, TeamSpeak 3, or Skype. Many popular servers even have their own Battlefield TeamSpeak servers that will detect your name in game and move you to the appropriate channels, done this personally many times.

As for the order system, its there in BF1, and you get a good bit of bonus points for completing the order. Not many people follow my orders in BF4 as commander, not sure what the deal is there.

Unknown if commander will be returning in BF1, I hope so, I liked it.

Squad Management is in BF1, you can promote, or kick members. Your squad can spawn on you as SL, and as SL you can spawn on any squad member, but members can only spawn on you.

Yes the 4 classes still exist, personally I would like to see 0 classes and use a point and inventory based system to make your own class, this could balance well but on with facts in BF1.

Medic is in BF1, it is an assault/medic but you do start out with a syringe (AED in modern games), and medpacks.

As stated above the classes all start with basic default equipment, there are upgrades that are better at some things and worse at others, equipment is not entirely an issue for me.

In non-hardcore games 3D spotting is still there, I like to play only hardcore as it gives that classic battlefield feel, also in HC mode there is no kill cam.

I hate scope glint, not sure if they will reduce the penalty in HC, in other BF games they have, so that remains to be seen.

Yes you can still hear characters talking when they shout, I like this, it makes it more intense for both, I get the drawback but its not game breaking for me, it adds immersion IMHO. Yes everyone hears the yelling.

The physics in BF1 are pretty good, the vehicles are way too fast for WWI, they drive like WWII+ vehicles and I am not sure if HC mode will be like this, it likely will, I am making a petition (for what little its worth) to add an HC Realism mode that makes the vehicles handle more realistically.

The only map I have played thus far is Sinai Desert, its a 1.5km x 1.5km map air wise and about a 1.1km x 1.1km map land wise. Most of the battles occurr withing 1/2 that distance, and the flags are usually 200-250m apart, aside from Echo point, which is 500m away. Some BF4 maps were small like Zavod which I hate, but some are quite large and the land battle area encompassed 1.5km easy with people making 1.4km sniper shots doing counter sniping (this was in BF4, NOT BF1). So I am quite confident that maps like that will be in BF1 as they were very popular in BF4.

Is BF1 a perfect battlefield game that lives up to the timeless classics like 1942 or BF2? No, its not, but its not terrible either, I am still making my decision, but I have had some good fun in BF4 with Frasberry, Iceman, Viper, and even NME Auscam. BTW Auscam says hello.

Posted on: 2016/9/5 21:19

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Can you play the game without an internet connection?

Battle Recorder is not FRAPS or another video recording application. It records the input from every participant on the server.

Can a player in your proximity hear your commo rose request for ammo in their native tongue?

Can the Squad Leader talk with randoms? Can the Squad Leaders talk to each other to coordinate?

Is the order system the same as BF3? Can you open your large map and select a hilltop for your squad to meet on?

Can the squad leader
… designate his replacement before leaving the server?
… mute a member in his squad?

So, it is not a designated medic? It is a hybrid like BF3 of assault and medic?

Is the default game with 3D spotting?

Does the default game have killcam?

Does your player hear itself yell?

Can the yelling be turned off?

Petitions are have no effect on EA/DICE.

Sinai Desert = Small at 1.1km x 1.1km

“…, I am still making my decision, …“

That ship has already sailed.

The lesson here is to not tell folks adamantly in the month of May that you will not be purchasing and then go 180 degrees in September after you see others having fun. Don't be rash. Just tell folks up front you are undecided. You should have learned from your BF4 delayed purchase.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 1:56

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Yes the game can be played without an internet connection, just not the BETA. Battlelog is a thing of the past, its all built into the UI like it should have been with BF3 and BF4.

Sever admins get server logs of all input and actions to send out to PBBANS, FairFight, and Battleye if needed, this is in BF4 and its effective. Its not in the BETA as all BETA servers are EA/DICE official.

Yes the other players based on their options they selected in the gameplay menu can hear your requests for ammo/medic in their native tongue or in the characters native tongue as they wish.

Yes anyone can talk with anyone, there is squad, team, and global chat. Many people do not use in game VOIP as they use either Discord, TeamSpeak, or Skype.

The squad ordering system is more basic than BF2, but its still there. I was not able to observe placing custom waypoints on a map during the BETA, unknown if it will be in release.

The SL can promote someone else in the squad to SL at any time they wish. Anyone can mute or report anyone for abuse/infractions at their leisure.

Its an Assault/Medic class that can be played either or a mix of the two.

default (non-hardcore) has 3D spotting and killcam. I DO NOT PLAY DEFAULT IN BF4 NOR WOULD I PLAY IT WHEN BF1 RELEASED, I ONLY PLAY HARDCORE, & THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXCELLENT SERVERS AVAILABLE EVEN NOW IN BF4.

Yes you can hear your character yell orders, comments, ect...

Not sure if that will be controlled server side as BF4 had TONS of server options available and I never had an issue with that. I did not see a player side option for that in the menu but I would understand if that was a server side option only for balance.

I understand that petitions have little to no effect on EA/DICE, even if they garner mass attraction and support, its just something I am throwing out there, not holding my breath. Kind of like when people try to get me to play DayZ and they petition me to play it.

Sinai Desert does seem small yes, I was not saying it was big, what I was saying was there are maps on BF4 that are 3km x 3km, including Dragon Valley 2015 which was faithfully reproduced and is fantastic as Frasberry can tell you, still wish Operation Harvest and Highway Tampa were faithfully reproduced.

Yes I am still making my decision on BF1, I was extremely critical of the E3 video as were many other anti-battlefield people. However upon playing its not as bad as I perceived it to be. As Iceman has said, if you look at the game from an alternate history standpoint in an action game its not bad at all, if you look at it for realism like Verdun its total shit.

BTW comparing BF1 to Verdun is like comparing Team Fortress 2 to ArmA III.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 2:41

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Spartan, you should watch "The Hard Truth" video (second from the top).

http://spartanwarfighters.com/xoops/m ... iewtopic.php?post_id=4255

I watched the whole video. The video narrator is generally in favor of purchasing the game and gives his honest assessment. He clearly does not know the whole story of EA/DICE's unethical behavior. He just focuses on the game.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 20:32
Click to see original Image in a new window

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
I just watched it, I liked his video, he makes a very good assessment, many many points that I agree on.

I will say this right now, I HATE BATTLEFIELD 4 STANDARD (NON-HARDCORE) MODE. However I LIKE Battlefield 4 HARDCORE mode. I did not say I loved it, but that I liked it, and I think that if standard Battlefield was like Hardcore mode, with the larger maps as an emphasis, it would appeal much more to you Scriv and the rest of the clan.

Now Battlefield 1 Standard I can TOLERATE, I do not like it, I certainly do not love it, but I can tolerate it to a point. It remains to be seen what it will be like with Hardcore mode, and some have hinted that Hardcore mode may not even come to BF1 which would mean I am not interested in purchasing the game. This was just a rumor, one not founded on anything but hearsay, so I take it worth a grain of salt.

Yes I did say that if HC mode was not implemented in BF1 that I will flat out refuse to purchase the game, and I intend to keep to that just like I kept my word in regards to that bastard of a game called Hardline (its not even deserving of the Battlefield tag, its not a Battlefield game to me, its just Hardline).

As I have said before their decision to do a DLC type of content for the French Troops which took a major brunt of the force in WWI, is just freaking stupid and distasteful, however I usually purchase the Premium version of BF if I purchase the game so I get the full benefit and it allows me to get the whole picture and write the most honest review I can.

Nightshade, Iceman, and myself the other night all played Verdun, and we had some fun, and Verdun has its moments. 2 things are easily clear and these also directly carry over to Battlefield 1 in a gameplay sense.

1. If the map sucks, the game sucks, simple. IN the case of the BF1 Open BETA, the Sinai Desert map is MEH.

2. If your team sucks, your experience is going to be fraught with nothing other than frustration and depression, same directly goes for BF1.

It remains to be seen how the other maps on BF1 will play like, and what they would play like in Hardcore mode, to that extent I have no information to base a review on.

Posted on: 2016/9/8 1:13

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Good points Spartan.

Posted on: 2016/9/10 16:25
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2016/9/10 20:39

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
I have pre-ordered BF1 standard edition. I have to say, this is the first BF game I have preordered since BF3. No it isn't BF1942 or BF2, but it is an improvement in the current lineup of the BF series.

That being said, looking at the game itself, I do not like that it isn't realism based or is even halfway historically accurate. However, I got over those things and started to look at it as a alternate history, steam punk, view of WW1 and I had a blast playing it. Many of the things that fras, iwazzio, spartan, and myself did in the beta brought back the good old days for me.

Another plus for me that they are bringing to the full game is the operations mode, which allows players to play on an entire front not just a tiny area, the each session builds on itself and each battle/game played has an impact on the overall war. You can even see the previous area you played on the horizon of each battle after. To me that sound really fun and possibly challenging. check it out: https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/modes/operations

Overall, I see it as a fun game and will be playing it quite a bit, I hope that others will be joining in.

edit: Looks like they have added more maps to the list too, good...
https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/maps

looks like there are more to come too. Then there are also the DLC ones

Posted on: 2016/9/20 19:35

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2016/10/28 21:09

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information