Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Unlocking New Characters
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
How did you guys acquire your 'Tank Crew' character?

I reached rank 5 with my Recon but realized I cannot change to Tank Crew because I'd already purchased the Recon

I can work my Infantryman to 5 quickly but have seen on the forums it is best not to change to tank but to purchase separately. I might go down this route.
(I need more credits anyway)

How did you guys do it?

Posted on: 2016/5/21 6:24

Re: Unlocking New Characters
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I kept my original character pure infantry with an emphasis on driving (unlocked gun jeep, halftrack, and wrench). With GOLD, I purchased the basic armor crewman, unlocked the armor assault ribbon until I got to the P38t, purchased the P38t, and unocked until I could purchase the APCR rounds which do about 40% more damage. As default you get 300 GOLD, I purchased 5,100 GOLD for about 20 USD. It cost me about 15 dollars to start with a decent tank with decent ammo. I had to grind a bit to get the wrench.

Taz converted his main character to Armor and purchased an infantryman.

Spartan converted his main character to Recon and purchased an infantryman.

I have read in the H&G forum to keep your main character infantryman and unlock the others. I am still not sure if it is better to specialize your main character and purchase an infantryman or to keep you main character infantry and purchase a specialized character. It is cheaper to go the path of Spartan and Taz.

Posted on: 2016/5/21 17:43
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: Unlocking New Characters
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Thanks Scriv, I purchased the basic tank crew guy with credits and kept my infantryman.
It has cleaned me out of all remaining credits and gold but it is well worth the expense. I'm loving tanking!
As in BF2 and PS2 it is a game within a game.
Also it does feel very similar to BF2 tank gameplay.
COOL

Posted on: 2016/5/22 14:09

New Character Purchase
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
The purpose of this thread is to present known information about in-game characters to assist in a purchasing decision and discuss options.

http://spartanwarfighters.net/2top/3f ... haracter_Purchase_big.png

As you commence and progress with Heroes and Generals, you will be faced with decisions.

1) How much farther do I need to progress to unlock the next character class?

2) Do I want to continue fighting as an infantryman or purchase another class?

3) Do I really want to try maneuvering of Assault Teams (ATs) on the campaign map?

A) Should I spend in-game credits or gold to acquire a new soldier?

B) Which character class should I purchase?

C) Should my main character be changed to my favorite class or stay infantry?

D) How much will it cost to deploy my first Assault Team (AT)?

Finding the answers to some of the questions above will depend on the preferences of the individual player.

Let’s conduct an overview of the second image. I have categorized the rank structure into the following: Recruit: Rank 0, Soldier: Rank 1-5, Sergeant: Rank 6-11, Company grade officers Rank: 12-14, Field grade officers Rank: 15-17, and General Rank: 18-22.

Everyone’s main character starts off as infantry. After completing Rank 5, you are given the option to switch to a Tank Crewman. After completing Rank 6, you are given the option to switch to a Pilot. After completing Rank 7, you are given the option to switch to a Paratrooper. After completing Rank 9, you are given the option to switch to a Recon. After completing Rank 17, you are given the option to switch to a General.

The second section highlights the Company, Field, and General ranks providing the experience points (XPs) needed to progress to the next rank and the salary earned for one hour in an Action Battle at a given rank.

Keep in mind a General can not fight in an Action Battle and therefore does not receive a salary. It is a big decision on whether or not to convert your fighting character into strictly a strategy participant on the campaign map. If you decide to convert your character into a general, all of his equipment will become available to all of your other characters in the same faction so long as that specific character has unlocked the equipment in the ribbon progression.

When you purchase a new character, he starts at rank zero progress when it comes to ribbon progression. Tank Crewmen, Pilots, and Paratroopers will be provided their first vehicle if the character is purchased. When you switch from an infantry character to tanker/pilot, you will automatically unlock the starter tank/airplane.

Notice the prices are different for each class and, obviously, become more expensive if you choose to purchase a Lieutenant (Rank 12) or Major (Rank 15). Even your purchased lieutenants and majors will have to begin at zero with ribbon progression. You will have to earn weapon and equipment unlocks as if you were a brand new character. Purchasing a character makes your account Tier 2 which gets you access to the war battles and purchasing an officer does open the door to participating in campaign map portion of the game.

Purchasing and deploying your first Assault Team (AT) is a significant event. You will have to accumulate enough War Funds (WF) or spend precious gold to get your AT’s boots on the ground. A Guard AT will cost 28,500 war funds and 2,160 WF to deploy. A Guard AT will include 36 infantrymen and will have to gain campaign map experience to unlock the option to upgrade the unit.

The General can control and purchase any type (infantry, armor, etc..) of AT regardless of his initial status where as an officer is limited to their unit type. A lot of gaming is needed to earn the privilege to command as a General on the campaign map or nearly one million in-game credits.

There are currently three combat badges that are depicted on the bottom labeled Command Badges. Selection of the badge is locked once you deploy an assault team. The badges are not available if you purchase a general. Only hard fighting from the ranks of private, lieutenant, and major can enable you to take advantage of the Command Badge perks. When the badge is equipped, an officer with an assault team can receive a 5%, 10%, or 15% improvement. The associated ribbons required and the action needed are depicted below the badges.

Posted on: 2016/5/30 20:52

Re: New Character Purchase
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
New Character Purchase image in the first post of this thread has been updated

Posted on: 2016/7/9 18:48

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Could someone explain what the benefit of purchasing the higher ranked characters? do you get more weapons or anything?

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/7/30 18:37

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Viper, I think if you purchase the rank 12 (Leutnant),it enables you to deploy assault teams into the battle.
Rank 18 (Major) is commanding only like in BF2.

I could be wrong, but both of these options are way ahead of our experience.
I'm sure Scriv or Iwazzio could clarify

Posted on: 2016/7/30 20:50

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Quote:
Madviper101 wrote:
Could someone explain what the benefit of purchasing the higher ranked characters?
Do you get more weapons or anything?

Quote:
wobblyone wrote:
I think if you purchase the rank 12 (Leutnant), it enables you to deploy assault teams into the battle.
Rank 18 (Major) is commanding only like in BF2.

I posted more information in the first post of this thread.

I would be interested in Iwazzio’s input. Here is what I know/think:
You can keep your original character infantry or you can purchase an infantryman. I went with the recommendation of the H&G Forum and kept my main character as infantry. Taz and Spartan purchased a separate infantryman and converted there main character. I am not sure which is the better choice. It is cheaper to purchase and infantry character. You will definitely want to have at least one infantry character.

As for purchasing a higher ranked character, it depends on whether or not you have a burning desire to participate on the campaign map. I purchased an infantry Major which I hoped to convert to a General down the road. Whether you purchase a P

to be continued -- Work in Progress --

Posted on: 2016/7/30 22:12

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I could not hold out any longer and purchased a Rank 0 Paratrooper!

Wow, what fun! You start with the same rifle as the Infantryman but it seems more effective from rooftops!

You can choose your spawn target on the map (the plane flies over your target and you are told when to jump) or just spawn on the plane and jump out anywhere.
Think of the anti tank havoc you could cause landing behind tanks!

Here are a few shots to give you an idea. I must get some mid air shots next.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 13:24

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
A word of warning for those who might try out the paratrooper!

He can only carry a rifle, no grenades or mines. If you want to drop behind tanks to destroy them you will have to unlock the pistol (as main weapon) to carry explosives (or ditch the rifle and just go for anti tank stuff)

After saying this, it is still the most fun I've had so far (and highest scoring)

Posted on: 2016/8/8 20:34

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.