Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The Hot Pocket.
Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
There were 6 of us now. Myself (Wintro), Scriv, McGuirk, Ryuuk, Iwazzio and Devil. We all had our callsigns, no need for our real names... 3 of us were all veterans of the military; Iwazzio Navy, myself Army, and Scriv... he never really specified, kinda kept to himself about it. I could tell you all about how we met or how we aquired all our military gear or survived until now, but you wanted to hear about some of the craziest shit? Here it is.

I remember that day... The sun was bright, a light breeze swaying the overgrown grass and weeds from the lack of groundskeeping over the years since the outbreak. Zub castle sat atop a tall hill about 2400 meters north of Chernogorsk and 500 south of Vyshnoye, a small farmer's village. Northwest about 3000 meters was a small army outpost, good place to find whatever ammunition or other 'survivals gold' had been left behind.

I had an MP5, Iwazzio had UMP45, Scriv had an AKM, Devil had an AK74, Scriv had an SKS, McGuirk had a Winchester hunting rifle, and Ryuuk managed to find himself an AUG5.56...fast forward to contact.

We reached a break in the north facing compound wall, just inside were 2 barracks buildings with doors shut. Beyond that was another small maintenance shed then what looked to be an HQ building or jailhouse. Poking up behind all of those was a hilltop lightly forested with rocky outcrops, a nice place for overwatch or worse... snipers. Iwazzio and I were first inside. We rushed the barracks on the left, Iwazzio threw his shoulder into the door and it slammed open so quick what happened next was a blur. He made it about 5 steps into the hallway, a guy with a moto helmet peeked out of the doorway at the end of the hallway and shot Iwazzio through the chest. Knee jerk reaction I dived to my left into the first room as you walked in. It was a shower room with three open stalls, enough to get behind and peek around to see the doorway.
After that, it was gunshots everywhere from all directions. I could here Devil's AKM laying down some heavy fire and the Winchester and SKS shooting in intervals. The other guns firing though.. automatic fire everywhere. My adrenaline was pumping so heavy I could barely keep still. I just watched Iwazzio get blown away and his blood splattered all over my assault vest. In a moment of adrenaline induced rage I swung around the corner and brought my MP5 around to aim down the hallway were moto head was still crouched in the doorway. The feeling of emptying a 30 round magazine into that son of a bitch was something else. Each round impact on his body sent blood spurting onto the walls.

The windows that ran the length of the building on the right side of the hallway were exploding and chips of the wall flying in every direction sent me back into cover in the shower room. At this point i had no idea where anybody was, or who was dead or alive.. Nothing i could do either becuase there were 2 or 3 guys shooting up the building I was in! The sound of gunfire was deafening. In my heightened sense of awareness I noticed the Winchester and SKS hadn't fired in about 5 minutes. Almost as soon as I thought of that, a flashbang came in through the main doorway and down the hall. BAM! That shower room saved me from the blindness, and i already felt deaf from gunfire. 2 more followed after that. Those loud bangs and bright flashes made it seem like artillery was bearing down in there. I peeked out of the stall to look out the shower room door and out the window of the hallway wall to see what i could, when another moto head ran across the doorway down the hall towards Iwazzio's body. I went to bend around the corner and light this guy up when a head popped into view in the window. I saw myself in the reflection of his moto helmet visor. I was aiming at my reflection in point 5 seconds in a quick reaction and blasted that window space to pieces along with that guys helmet. CLICK! Out of ammo. The guy down the hallway spun around and started shooting sporadically down in my direction. AK type weapon. Again. Stuck in cover of the shower stall. It seemed like forever. I had 2 more 30rd magazines and 1 15rd mag left. In the midst of changing mags the guy down the hallway ran past the doorway again and out the barracks. "GET THAT MOTHERFUCKER!", a voice I've never heard before from outside. Just then I crouched down into the hallway to get an eye outside the front door, I could see Scriv motionless in the bushes just by the wall. The gunfire stopped. I went to step out the door to check Scriv when I saw something out the corner of my eye. To the left, against that same wall was another moto head, crawling in the tall grass. BAM BAM BAM, the shots were so close and caught me off guard I tumbled back into the hallway, threw myself to prone and crawled back into the shower room. This shower room seemed bullet proof. It had no windows and one opening and a solid stall wall to sit behind. BRAP BRAP BRAP, simultaneous bursts of fire. Ryuuk. He was yelling obsceneties and returning fire somewhere on the west side of the compound. A sense of relief that I wasn't the only one left alive.

Shots started slamming at the back of the shower room wall. Someone was shooting through that outside window! It seemed like half of an AKmag then it stopped. I blind fired a whole magazine in 2 peeks out the window.
What happened next happened so fast but my recollection was slow motion that every bloodstained detail is vivd even now.
I threw my bag down on the dusty, tile chipped, bloody floor to grab my last magazine when I glanced up to see a moto head rush me from the doorway. He had a small silver pistol with a long barrel, shooting so wildly that nearly every bullet seemed to zip right by me except one. Right into my left arm underneath the should. My first reaction was to pull the trigger. 3 rounds; 2 hitting him in the leg and abdomen then that damning CLICK. I charged towards him and slammed into his shooting arm and flew into the hallway crashing into the wall just underneath the window. The moto head slammed the shower room door shut. I rolled out of the barracks front door and ran to where I last saw Scriv. Just outside the wall and there he was, bleeding but alive. McGuirk was there, Ryuuk... Devil was dead. Shot in the face by a shotgun when he and Ryuuk were making there way to the jailhouse.

By this time all gunfire ceased. WHAT A FIREFIGHT! But costly... Iwazzio and Devil were gone..
McGuirk acounted for 1 kill, Ryuuk 1 Kill, 2 from me... then there was the guy in my safe space. The shower room. McGuirk tended to Scriv's wounds while Ryuuk and I went to give this lone survivor his last meal, a full serving of brass packaged lead.
"Come on out, and we'll make it quick. All your friends are dead.", thats what I told him.
His response was to "FUCK OFF" and something he would do to our mothers. He sounded out of breath and on the ropes. Ryuuk positioned himself by the door, swung it open and flattened himself against the wall. I sprayed the entire inside of that room to wher e the wall was left bare of all tiles.
The last moto head dead.
We salvaged what we could from Iwazzio, Devil, and the 5 dead moto heads.. Giving our honors to Iwazzio and Devil we departed, leaving that shit hole behind. We went north along this thin tree line that divided 2 farm fields until we hit the main road and turned west, heading into Vybor.
That firefight lasted about 20-25 minutes, but felt like a hours.
It was silent. Nobody said anything.
McGuirk stopped and tilted his head sideways to say, "Yaknow, after checking all the bodies I swear there was at least one more of them."
Out of a morbid coincidence I looked back towards the compound to see that "one more of them" running in our direction through the overgrown field. In an instant we all turned to bear our guns on him. 250 meters. Like a firing line from the days of Napolean, we opened fire at once, dropping this last guy like a sack of shit. We all paused to looked at each other and shared a small laugh... then it was back to surviving.

Posted on: 2016/9/24 20:55

Re: The Hot Pocket.
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Somebody got motivated.

Posted on: 2016/9/24 21:27
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Well done, Wintro. Well worth the effort.
Iwazzio is known as the "Seeker" maybe we'll have to call you the "Bard" or the "Scribe."

Posted on: 2016/9/24 22:40

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Damn, good.

Posted on: 2016/9/25 3:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.