Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

There is Still Hope for Quality Online Gaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
The video gaming industry accommodates many diverse gaming styles. There is an unfortunate trend of many companies choosing to cater to the Casuals to load their dump trucks with money rather than honoring their loyal fans with a true sequel. From one platform to another and from one game to another there is a community culture. The common behavior is refined by frequenting specific servers. Find your community and reap the benefits. Some find their near-ideal gaming experience by joining a clan. Even so, you will likely find yourself fighting along side random players. It is encouraging to see selfless acts to assist one's fellow man.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2015/2/16 15:48

Re: There is Still Hope for Quality Online Gaming
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
xnorb
Critical Gaming (Mordor HQ)
17 NOV 2015

Quote:
Don't pick games promoting run and gun lonewolf gameplay and you will get what you're looking for.

Nothing wrong with getting casuals in the game - everybody needs to start somewhere.
It's the game mechanics that need to guide players in the right direction.

If you put unlocks, levels, badges, assignments, global stats in there and remove the whole
point of even playing for winning or objectives, then you shouldn't be surprised all your players
are doing is sniping and increasing their stats.

We need to get back to playing games again to actually win them.
"Play as you want" Fuck that, no game works this way.
"Play to win" Now that's how we'll get PTFOing teamplayers.

And before anybody comes with the idiotic "fun" argument:
Playing by the rules with the goal of winning is fun since centuries, every game i have ever
played follows these principles. It's just the last generation of games that don't promote this.

I know the world has turned into pussy-nation and no bad is ever allowed to happen to people,
but in my world only little kids and mentally challenged people are treated the way the game
industry is nowadays treating it's consumers.
Would you accept a player age mid-20s to pick up the (non american) football with his hands
and run around with it?
Hell no, you wouldn't. You'd shout "HANDS!" and by the rules you'll get a free kick.

If this of course was a 3yo kid or a mentally challenged person, there would be a consense that
"hey, it's okay, just let him have fun the way he wants to."

But the vast majority of video game players is neither under-aged nor mentally challenged.

So - should we support that?

Being treaten like retards?

I say no!
I say: "Kick everybody not playing to win"

Posted on: 2015/2/17 16:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.