Posted on: 2015/3/3 23:49

Re: Five years since Bad Company 2
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
madd0g
Critical Edge Forum
3 MAR 2015

BC2 is WAAAY more casual and n00b friendly than bf3 (which doesnt mean bf3 isnt casual and n00b friendly,but it just looks like quake when compared to bc2). BC2 takes significantly less aiming skill (no recoil COD insta gib weapons which insta gib you from across the map. In bf3 at least past the 70-80m mark, it took some skill to kill someone. Having 1 bullet higher theoretical TTK on average doesnt even come close to compensating for the terrible slow movement, COD weapons, and tank sized player hitboxes).

And than of course, we had insanely overpowered explosives which took no skill to use and extremely linear maps which didnt do much to reward tactical play. BC2 had the most broken 3D spotting in any bf game (it's bad in 3 and 4,but in BC2 it was straight up wall hacks).

A single good player/squad in a 64 player bf3 game can do much more than a single good player/squad can do in a 32 player a BC2 game. If we compare a good squad in a 32 player bf3 game to a good squad in 32 player bc2 game, it's not even close. One of the main reasons lies in the gunplay and the fact that a single good player can take out many more newbs in bf3 compared to bc2. This can be accomplished because he is much more manuever room and guns have at least some recoil punishing total COD spray and pray players at mid-to-long ranges. In bf3 for example, I can dance circles around the n00bs as they spray and spray and only manage to supressed me. I then peak out quickly and take them out 1-2 at a time allowing me to easily take out 10 baddies in a face to face fight. In bc2, you peak, you shoot, you kill and by the time you get back to cover someone has sniped you from accross the map with some lazer beam MG36/XM8. If by some chance they didnt insta gib you, there is always constant 3D spotting to show you through the wall so a gustav can finish you off...

I have played both BF3 and BC2 filled servers with competitive players during organized events (64 players in bf3 and a similar 32 player organized team tournament filled only with competitive players in bc2) and it's then and there where you could really see the difference between the two games. BF3 actually became rather awesome. There was a lot of room for tactics, squad play, communication, mind gaming the enemy commander, and so on. The individual skill really matters. Having the best inf squad really helped, having better pilots was a huge thing, and having amazing tankers made a big difference. Even though everyone in the server was good, you could still see that amazing inf squad managing to take out 2-3 enemy squads by themselves; simply by being better players. Meanwhile, BC2 competitive was everyone spaming explosives, everything was in smoke and ruins by the 3rd minute of the round, and everyone was shooting dorritos through the smoke. It was a mindless no skill clusterfuck, even in organized play, with most of the flag captures/defends being won purely with numbers rather than skill.

Posted on: 2015/3/3 23:51
Click to see original Image in a new window

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.