See User information
Michael Bay -- Just Cause 3 -- The Explosion

Posted on: 2015/9/8 15:49

Re: Just Cause 3
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Downloaded it the other day.
Will review it once I get some time in game.

Posted on: 2015/12/4 14:32
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Critical Edge
twisteddippy
2 DEC 2015

So gave this a spin for 2 hours last night with my flatmate and all i can say is DO NOT buy this game. Its really bad.

First off missing basic features:
-no crouch command
-no zoom
-no roll/dodge
So gunfights consist of running in circles trying to gun down the AI before you're overwhelmed.

Now the parachute itself turns like a brick and is really impossible to steer with no ability to build momentum- the wingsuit is good but you cant do WW1 dogfighting tactics where you fly down to get energy to gain altitude- once you go downwards you stay going downwards.

Cars are terrible to drive, feels like they are glued to the floor until you hit the smallest incline then you do a 180 flip onto your roof. The turning controls are horrid with my thumbstick (was emulating ps4 controller as xbox 360 to play) was fully to the side and i was barely turning and the regular breaks do nothing whereas the handbrake is overly sensitive.
Chopper controls are really sensitive with a real lack of ways to slow down so if you're going too fast you better hope you can dodge those rocks because you're not stopping in time.

The unlocks are bullshit, you need to do minigames to earn a "cog rating" out of 6, so to get all of your upgrades you need to perfect every minigame and thats impossible due to the aforementioned shite controls.
Also the minigames start with some of the worst stock music i've ever heard of that last about 5 second before silence.

Oh and a major issue is that the story is crap, there are no objective markers, no fast travel, no saving option in menus. So if you are in the ocean you have to drown yourself to get to land or near a population centre (well i say population, its incredibly underpopulated).

Also the AI is like Ps2 era ai with them being terrible, also i killed one dude and 4 spawned out of his arse as he died- the spawns arent even hidden, they just pop out in the area.

And finally my controller disconnected- it would not reconnect and it would not work in any other game. It had done something to registry when disconnected and had to restart my whole computer.

However there is a pro to the game. It is beautiful and i can max it on a gtx 970, 8gb ddr3 and a i5-4690k with no issue (turn off bokah filter as that destroys your fps).

Posted on: 2015/12/5 18:56

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
To address a few things.

1)Zoom can be unlocked by doing a challenge which was very easy.

2)Fast travel you can either go around and light all the shrines.Or help random NPCs who will give you flares.

I do hope a patch is released with crouch as a fix.It might be a unlock but I have not been able to find out.

Having fun exploring the map and blowing stuff up.The wingsuit makes for some fun flying.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 14:02
Steel Rain Brings The Pain!

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.