Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: IL2: Cliffs of Dover ...worth another look?
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
This is my final version of the 'essential' controls! I'm starting to get used to it.
The complex engine management is for those specific Brit aircraft and is surprisingly easy to deal with.
If you want to fly online mcGuirk, all servers are full realism! This means CEM and also real navigation, so spend time learning to set up your gyro and course setter.

I've not felt confident enough to go online yet, but it looks like the 'aces' will go out of their way to help.
Soon!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2015/10/29 16:49

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I have to admit, that I haven't spent much time with it since I last posted but it looks like you've done some homework. Other than the radiator settings, (which i guess, function somewhat like cowl flaps, in that they regulate engine temps?), the throttle, prop pitch and mixture are the only engine controls i need to map to keys and I'm familiar with how they work. Since they are different for each specific aircraft will I have to remap my joystick every time I change? Yikes. I would be glad to join you Wobbly on a multiplayer when you're ready. Maybe I will try to learn the British bomber since that accepts a two man crew.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 18:24

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
The radiators tend to be on the fighters and cowls on the multi engine bombers.
It is one or the other, so the same key operates either.
Mixture on the Brit fighters is tied in with the throttle so can be forgotten about!
The guys at ATAG suggested learning in the Spit and Hurricane due to the simpler engine management. All the aircraft are different but it would be the same keys for prop pitch, mixture etc. (not sure if that is what you meant McGuirk)

I registered on the ATAG forum to gain access to the download files and got a great response with loads of links for new pilots. I will put them on McGuirk.

A good addon is the re-written default single player campaigns by the Team Fusion team.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 22:24

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Posted on: 2016/2/28 23:33

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.