Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 »

Re: Assetto Corsa - Periodic Challenge
Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Yeah this one is a bit tricky. Has taken me a while to learn the tracks again. Is anyone doing any of the online racing? im not sure I am good enough yet

Posted on: 2017/1/17 21:30
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Hey Viper, I've not gone online yet. I'm too rusty and have renewed my controller which is taking some getting used to.

I hope to try at some stage though.

Posted on: 2017/1/25 21:04

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I don't think the Spartans have been very active online yet. Racing with other people is very different from doing hot laps on your own; the optimal racing line may not be available at all times, overtaking must be executed when you're faster than the person in front of you (probably done using a nonoptimal race line), and of course you do need to worry about the people behind you as well! Consistent lap times are much more important than getting the fastest lap time every time. Driving off the track has severe consequences; doing hotlaps it's annoying, while racing it will cost you many positions in the race.

And back to the Lotus 49 hotlap challenge:
I think it's about time this challenge comes to an end. Maybe we should have had an open settings week or two, who knows who's the best driver/engineer combination? The last time I checked, it was Wobbly and Viper in the lead and I think I was in the third place (podium finish, high five!). Giving the Englishmen a chance with the Lotus was a mistake, they've got driving Lotuses in their blood!

I hope Taz will be able to perform his magic and provide us with a little screenshot of the current lap times. In the mean time, what's the next car/track combination? Aaaaaand it looks like I'm not the only one with a Porsche fever! I, Wobbly, Viper, Taz and Fraz all have all three Porsche packs! So we've got 23 Porsches from the DLC and 3 free Porsches to pick from.

Here's my proposal for the February challenge
(maybe a bit late but we can carry on a bit until March if we have to): Porsche 911 R on Spa Francorchamps. An amazing car on an amazing track. Rear wheel drive, manual transmission and enough, but not too much power. Is this (too) good for you guys? Do you have any better suggestions? Since we all have the Porsche packs, we may as well use them. The manufacturer does have crazier and more powerful cars, but I like this one the most.

Posted on: 2017/2/3 22:25

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Thats fine with me Al. Noticed the Prosche bundle on offer. After you guys have been raving about some of the porsches though id give it a try. Been a while since I have had a spin around spa

Posted on: 2017/2/4 21:04
Click to see original Image in a new window

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Here are the final results from the Lotus challenge...

Posted on: 2017/2/4 23:57
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
So far it's been just me and Viper racing around Spa. We had really close times, about 0,2 seconds apart. But then I went through Eau Rouge at a horrendous speed and gained about 2 full seconds! I'm not sure if I'm able to replicate my lap time or get any faster than this. It's a really good car and a great track, so doing lap after lap is no problem. The characteristic Porsche handling makes it a relatively easy and fun car to drive.

Come on Spartans, let's put out some great lap times!

Posted on: 2017/2/16 20:18

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I will have a go this weekend

Looking forward to it.

Posted on: 2017/2/16 21:29

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

The results are in!

Posted on: 2017/3/11 23:02
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Do you have any suggestions for the next challenge? The 2015 Ford Mustang or one of the Lotuses could be good. Maybe the Porsche Panamera?

Posted on: 2017/3/15 15:29

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Mustang sounds good to me

I'm happy if the guys pick another car though.

What track ?

Posted on: 2017/3/15 16:22

« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.