Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 38 »

Re: Assetto Corsa - Weekly Challenge
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Damn good time in the BMW Al. I was pushing hard for my time!
I will be having another go soon

Here are the final times for last week at Vallelunga
(good time by the way Viper, your getting closer!)

Click to see original Image in a new window

Has my reign at the top come to an end at Imola?

PS: Nice idea for tuning Al. We could try that. I did read if you nail the 'S' bend just after that bridge you can shave 1 or 2 secs off your time! It's a bitch to get right though.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 18:50

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Nice one Al. Will give your gear tips a go. In general I have been using 3rd for the majority of corners and 2nd in the tight hairpins. Not sure what you mean about the throttle/break I presume its always keeping one activated i.e. no coasting.

Thanks Wobbly am slowly improving. It is definitely all about getting to know the tracks/corners. Unfortunately this just takes lots of laps and a lot of time (well for me anyway). Should still be able to shave a fair bit of time off for this weeks challenge hopefully

Posted on: 2014/7/14 20:05

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Quote:

pershainovitsh wrote:

The BMW has a semi-automatic gearbox (actually it does have a gear stick, but it's one of those that only go forwards or backwards, and my gearstick can't do that)

Oh but it does Al. If you push straight down on the stick (as if you were going to use reverse) in the center neutral position then turn the silver dial in front of the stick 90° counter clockwise it will lock the stick in the center position giving it only forward and back movenent.

So the next challenge, M3 GT2 @ Imola sounds good, And I will post my pic sometime tonight (early Tuesday morning for the guys on the other side of the pond).

I completely bagged on the last one. The new DayZ Mod server went up and I spent all weekend on it. This time I may dedicate more time to the challenge but as I am headded to Montana this weekend it won't be a whole lot. I will be out for two weeks but will keep everything updated. I will be selecting the next two challenges ahead of time and have a couple good ideas already.

Happy driving!

Posted on: 2014/7/14 23:58
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Viper: yes, I do mean coasting or at least something like that. I was almost always either braking hard or accelerating hard. On Vallelunga I had trouble estimating my braking distance, so I often started braking too soon and therefore I didn't have to brake so hard. I think I've had some moments in every challenge so far where I'm braking only slightly to avoid the car from spinning out or running out of the track. Braking is a huge part of racing, and I need to improve it.

Smile About entering a corner in a high gear: I just realised this is what I was taught in the driving school, but applied in reverse. If you don't have much grip in a wet corner, you're supposed to switch to a lower gear so your speed will decrease (we took our foot off the throttle at a certain point, then entered the slippery corner in the same speed but using one gear or the other; with engine braking you slow down and gain control on a lower gear). But if you keep going in a higher gear, in this case fourth, you can keep the speed up while braking. Keeping the fourth gear on in the first corner of Variante Villeneuve and Acque Mirenali gave me some time. Use the in-game Track description app or this map to see what I'm talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Imola_2009.svg

Taz: First of all, TinyMCE isn't showing the enter presses in my posts. What's wrong? Until it's fixed, I'll use smiliesCool for some sort of paragraphing. And for the next post, DHTML with xCode should do.

Confused Nope, I'm using the G27, not the G25 like you are. Unfortunately they removed that function from the G27 for reasons that are beyond me. They did add four extra buttons on the steering wheel and turning the wheel is supposedly less noisy. Turning semi-automatic gear stick on would be great in the many games where you can't use an H-shifter. Using the paddles just doesn't feel as good in most cases. There is a rubber band trick on Youtube for making the gear stick center after a shift, but I have my doubts about it. It's not a big deal anyway.

Wobbly: I will be proud for a week if I beat you this time. Very Happy What app is that on the bottom of the Vallelunga screenshot? It looks really good.

Posted on: 2014/7/15 16:10

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Do you mean this Al?

The details are in the picture.

I like it a lot. It is customizable and the center turns red when you max the revs. It catches your eye without actually looking at it. Neat fuel gauge and info too.

Edit: I should have put this in 'AC Mods' to keep thing tidy

Posted on: 2014/7/15 16:45

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Hi guys have found someone I work with is into asseto corsa and would like to join the hot lap challenge. His steam name is juzzy1212. I'll add him as a steam friend and ask him to
send invites to you guys so he can see the times that are to be challenged.

Posted on: 2014/7/15 17:07

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
That is cool Viper, do I know him?

Posted on: 2014/7/15 19:45

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Dont think you have met him Wobbly. Will introduce you next time your around

Posted on: 2014/7/15 20:03

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
This is the current situation at Imola

A strong start from juzzy, and Al keeping his nose in front.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 17:03

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

I just realized how bad I have been slacking on posting our challenges. My apologies.

So now I will try to make up for it.

Firstly our previous session and results.

Wobbly yet again reigned supreme and I fell off my mark due to intrest in another game. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Now our current challenge. The BMW M3 GT2 @ Imola

Posted on: 2014/7/17 2:46
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 38 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.