Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

What Joystick?
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
My old faithful Saitek Cyborg Evo has finally given up
I remember recommending a couple of joysticks for BTTF and Viper a while back, but check this out!

Click to see original Image in a new window

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster- ... ywords=thrustmaster+hotas

I looked into good joysticks because my Dad's packed up recently, and he only does flight games.
Then my Evo just locked up on me.
For what I would class as a lower to mid priced joystick, this is a beaut. Very good build quality, and that left/right button behind the throttle would be ideal for left/right braking on 'tail draggers'

With Sturmovic BoS looming I think I'm going for this stick

Posted on: 2013/12/22 0:02

Re: What Joystick?
Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
G'day Wob,

If you can stick it (like what I did there), go for the X52. Its a big unit but well worth the money. I have the evo wireless, which I believe was the same as yours and I haven't looked back since making the change to the X52 pro. Plus I would never recommend wireless, ever.

I was lucky with the X52, I got it from Ebay for £60, that might be your best bet.

Cop-u-later

Posted on: 2013/12/29 15:31

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

I have the earliest version of the X52 and it is still going strong. I have yet to feel the need of upgrading even though it has two seperate quadrants and takes up a lot of room. The features and multitudes of switches and buttons make it worth it. The only problem I have is remembering what was programed to what button.

Posted on: 2013/12/29 19:12
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
I hear you Taz, it's one big unit but worth it. Am waiting to upgrade the desk to help out with room.

Cop-u-later

Posted on: 2013/12/29 19:22

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Hey Aus, nice to see you. I bet your glad to be Aussie in the cricket scene England are a bunch of complete tossers. At least they can play rugby

Thanks for the advice on sticks (and Taz, thanks)
My problem is lack of room on the desk.
I'm now in a better home, but will still have to sit the stick on my lap

If I was a serious simmer like Spartan or McGuirk the X52 would be the way to go.

Are you watching the devs for Stalingrad Aus? This could be it!

Posted on: 2014/1/1 1:09

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
Sup Wob,

Not really into cricket but will look at it because its Aust. This might be a stupid question but do you class yourself as English or an Islander? Is there a difference?

I have been watching Stalingrad and get emails from them regarding updates, it looks the business at the moment and will keep a close eye on it for now.

Cop-u-later

Posted on: 2014/1/2 2:56

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

auscam wrote:This might be a stupid question but do you class yourself as English or an Islander? Is there a difference?

I class myself as an Islander as I've lived here since 77, but was born in Southampton so am really English. Don't tell anyone though

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:02

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Technically where ever you live in the UK your an islander, you'll always be mainland English at heart! Auscam wishes he could be an Englishman, he just doesn't realise it because he lives upside down and the blood has filled his head!

Posted on: 2014/1/4 15:34

Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
Quote:

Lambourne wrote:
Technically where ever you live in the UK your an islander, you'll always be mainland English at heart! Auscam wishes he could be an Englishman, he just doesn't realise it because he lives upside down and the blood has filled his head!

You Sir are an arsehole, and there is no mistaking. Yes I am an Islander but mine is bigger than yours, so I have no desire to down grade. Plus I like to bath and use soap unlike the English lol

Posted on: 2014/1/5 22:28

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Quote:

auscam wrote: You Sir are an arsehole, and there is no mistaking. Yes I am an Islander but mine is bigger than yours, so I have no desire to down grade. Plus I like to bath and use soap unlike the English lol

Haha! whats soap?? lol! Auscam remember great things come in small packages!

Posted on: 2014/1/5 23:58

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.