Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Epoch Server
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
The Epoch server now has mission transmissions with NPC/AI opponents.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 0:39

Re: Epoch Server
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
sfscriv
19 JAN 2014
Did some looting and building. Then decided to pick a fight with the AI bots. Large open area with a DMR and NVGs should do the trick.

Of course, they know exactly where I am and start the dance. They move like a flock of birds. Mind you, not geese, but some of the smaller chaotic ebb and flow kind of flocks. Tracked down the three bots who shot in my direction. DMR hit to the body, bot goes unconscious, and wakes up. I had to shoot each bot about four times with a DMR to get each to stay down.

Okay. Nice mini-victory. Let's go loot the bodies. Oh, no!! Helicopter comes out of no where. Immediately detects me and starts shooting. I make a run for a bigger tree and a two foot high wall. The area has a decent amount of vegetation. The helio makes multiple gun runs as I cower behind a big tree and the two foot wall depending on the helicopters location. No, not enough? A second helicopter begins to patrol through the area. The second helio does not pretend to know I am there, but casually waits for me to make a mistake. The second helio makes two visits.

Still not enough. I am being shot at by yet another ground element. There were at least three of them and all female combatants. I shoot the first one in the chest and drop her. She will resurrect soon. So, have to keep an eye on her. Another bot makes her presence known. DMR round to the face. Let's see if she gets up from that. Oh, waiiiiiii t.... Shit there is a separate bot to my back left. The lights go out.

It was a good run. Mind you, not a fair fight, but at least a much better showing from yours truly. Okay, I can live with this.

At least, I got to take some of them with me to the after-world this time. I also did not, surprisingly, have one or two agroed zombies attacking at the same time as trying to manage a bot firefight. The bots are lucky as the zombies completely ignore them even if they are firing cannons from five feet away. Again, this is better than getting taken out by an AI bot ambush in a safe zone with a rocket launcher.

Posted on: 2014/1/23 18:18

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
sfscriv
20 JAN 2014

Oh, HELL yeah!!!

Flew a helicopter and refueled the fresh spawn Mi-17 with two barrels of fuel. Rode a bike to the helicopter for some easy cash. On the way, the server restarted. Got to the helio and I'm ready to fly. Not this time. No Fuel.... Going down the wooded hill to go back for fuel and hit a bush. The wheels on the bike are red and there went my transportation. Now, I am up for a 5 km run. Let's go straight line, baby. Here we go.

Two kilometers into run simulator adventure,,, Contact! Behind me on the left. Got behind a medium sized tree. Scanning. Scanning... Nothing. The are some good rocks across the next 100 meters of open field. I set up. Nothing. I see a vehicle parked in the trees back toward where I was, but closer to the first enemy contact location. I break cover to check out the vehicle. No wheels and no enemy.

I maneuver a little closer to where I heard the first shots. I'm hit. Get behind a rock and bandage. I see them. I ready my FN FAL with iron sights. Hit him. He is down. Learning from previous encounters, I follow it up with three more hits to ensure there is not a resurrection. Reload. Hit the next guy and give him three more shots to the body. Wait.... Nothing seen or heard. Will I finally be able to loot a bot whom I killed. Fly sound on number one, fly sound on number two, scan with no enemies detected...

Begin the looting. Upgraded my backpack, a set of NVGs, and a beer. Move four hundred meters and celebrate with my first in-game DayZ beer. Damn, that is some good tasting beer......

Cheers!

Posted on: 2014/1/23 18:18

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Lots of changes to the PCGN Epoch map.

- Secret Cave Hideout
- Removal of the West of Kamenka town
- Removal of many of the bonus military barracks
- Barely recognize the Northeast Airfield as there has been a hospital, office, under-construction industrial complex, tan hangers and medical tents, and more
- The west side of the Balota Airfield has been turned into a military base
- Warring AI bots
- Mission transmission marked on the map AI bot operations
- Unmarked roving AI bot patrols
- Multiple AI bot aerial patrols that include Huey, Chinook, and Mi-17 aircraft. I have seen only single aircraft patrols, but more than one patrol occurring at the same time. When you first spawn-in or interact with an aircraft, you will get a visit.

Posted on: 2014/1/23 18:32
Click to see original Image in a new window

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.