Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Deadly Premonition
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I've got to say that Deadly Premonition is one really odd game. It's a Japanese horror game, but it also features Japanese humor. The main character, FBI agent York has another personality inside his head, named Zack, to whom he talks to quite often. Agent York also gets some sort of hints from...coffee. I have no idea what's going on, was I killing monsters on my way to the town, is York completely crazy and hallucinating or what.

Deadly Premonition is an open-world psychological horror game. You can drive around the town and the surrounding areas in various cars, but the driving is the worst in any game ever. I don't mean that in an elitist way, saying that if I can't drive with my G27 it's not proper driving; I've driven with a keyboard in many games, and this one is clearly the worst. Combat is similiar to some Resident Evil games where you have to stand still to aim and attack. Interestingly, you need to manage agent York's well-being by eating, sleeping and keeping yourself clean.

The graphics are seriously awful, I can't believe it was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2010. It looks like a PS2 game at best and a PS1 game at worst. The characters look pretty decent. Also, the Pc port is notoriously not well made. Maybe it's because in Japan there isn't a big market for PC games so they don't know how to make them. But aside from having hideous textures, it also sets the resolution to 1280x720, and of course there isn't a way to change it. Luckily, I'm playing with a laptop with a native resolution not much higher than that, and some modder fixed if TWO HOURS after the PC release. It was the same guy who made the Dark Souls fix. Unfortunately the fix creates more problems than it solves, with each new version bringing in more bugs.

I bought it for a couple of reasons: it seems to have a cult following (hopefully for a reaason), and it was just 6,24 € on the sale. If you're interested, the Steam Summer Sale is the time to buy it. It's 75% off, and I doubt a sane person would pay the full price of 25 € for it.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 17:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.