Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Field of View for racing games
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Did you know that Assetto Corsa (and probably every other game as well) gets more immersive if you set the correct FoV? It doesn't mean that you should be able to see almost 180° around you, but instead the FoV should be based on your monitor's size and distance to your eyes. The monitor should be treated as a window into the game. With the correct FoV it's easier for you to undestand the distances better, which makes you faster.

Calculating your FoV isn't rocket science, it's basic trigonometry. There are also some handy websites that do the calculations for you. I've used the Project CARS FoV calculator, and it suggested a FoV of about 37°. It works excellently. After setting your Field of View properly, you should adjust the driver's seat settings from the Onboard Settings app (move the mouse to the right while in-race and scroll to find it) to your liking. Because for me the FoV is so small, I pull the seat back and in some cases tilt the view so I can see the dashboard. Since Assetto Corsa is still in beta, there are some bugs with this. You can pull the view so far back that your eyes are inside the seat. Also, if the "seat position" is too far behind, your view may get inside the seat in corners and when accelerating. Experiment.

http://carsfov.moritzlawitschka.de/

Posted on: 2014/7/20 16:53

Re: Field of View for racing games
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Interesting Al. I will try adjusting it.

Posted on: 2014/7/20 16:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.