Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

How to use mods for Assetto Corsa
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
First of all, of course you'll need to have a computer with Assetto Corsa installed.

Second of all, you'll need a mod you'd like to download. The Honda NSX is an excellent example. Click on the blue "download now" button and save the .zip file on your computer. If you like to be organised like me, save it to C:\mods\assetto corsa\cars or something like that.

Download link for the Honda NSX, Honda NX-R and two variations of each (all four come with the one .zip file)
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-nsx.4768/

Open your Assetto Corsa folder from My Computer -> Program Files -> Steam\Steamapps\commons\assettocorsa\content\cars.

Unzip the AC_HondaNSX_beta2.zip file to the folder you wish. Open the AC_HondaNSX_beta2 folder and copy&paste the four folders containing the two cars and two different tuning options into the previously opened My Programs...content\cars folder.

Open Assetto Corsa and enjoy the great car! If you can't see it right after Ferrari and before KTM, you've done something wrong.

For tracks, unzip the file to ...content\tracks and for skins, unzip the file to ...content\cars\THECAR\skins where "THECAR" means the car the skin is for. For example ...content\cars\honda_nsx\skins.

Bonus tip: if the mod is working, the .zip file is useless as is the file you extracted from the .zip file, because it has now been copied into the correct folder. Delete these to save space on your computer! Alternatively, you could just cut&past, or in some cases, just unzip directly into the assetto corsa subfolder.

Posted on: 2015/2/22 0:33

Re: How to use mods for Assetto Corsa
Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Al,

Thanks for your patience and guiding me through this.

Posted on: 2015/2/22 20:14
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: How to use mods for Assetto Corsa
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
No problem. Assetto Corsa has so many great mods you're missing out a lot if you don't even get the chance to try them.

Posted on: 2015/2/23 15:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.
You cannot use HTML syntax.