Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Next Car Game
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Now they got an official name for the game: Wreckfest. The European coupe was added, as well as a rather boring oval asphalt track. The AI feels more aggressive.

Posted on: 2014/10/3 18:07

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
It looks like we can create an online race and password protect it. The creator can choose track and number of laps etc.

It would be fun if a few of us could get on and have a practice, or 'mini event'!

What say you Spartan petrol heads?

This is my choice of the moment
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/5 ... E3FDB632BFED7FA7543E9C74/

Posted on: 2014/10/4 21:37

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
A multiplayer race would be great! I just don't know when would I be available, other than that next weekend I'll be away from the wheel.

Posted on: 2014/10/5 19:37

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
OK, our first drive in the 'Wreckfest' multiplayer!

Taz, Al, Viper and myself managed to join the same server on line.
Rather than a race this was an arena 'death match' which is a 'last man standing' mode.
Although a race would have been preferable (there are asphalt, gravel, sand, mud tracks) this was good fun!

The screen shot shows Viper moving in on Al and myself trying to take them both out!!
When we are more organized we can maybe choose targets to take out until only SWF drivers survive.
(then it will be amongst ourselves)

To sum up, I think it was great fun!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2014/10/10 23:47

Re: Next Car Game: Wreckfest
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
There was an update bringing us the new, updated physics model as well as two new cars, new game modes, and lots of fixes and improvements. Unfortunately the game has gotten very slow in the menus to the point I thought it froze when I first launched it. With the graphics settings set to about medium I expected good performance, but I got something far from it. Turning anti-aliasing off an lowering some other effects made an improvement on the frame rate.

Driving felt very twitchy: previously, when you made a jump, the FFB effects were turned off as there was nothing preventing your wheels from moving, which is nice. But now it happens all the time when I'm just driving on a bumpy road, getting hit by cars. First, normal force feedback, then none and in a split second it's on again. This may be realistic to a degree, but it made me turn too much or too little for most corners. It may be the result of having a low fps that was all over the place.

It's great to finally get an update after a full year. I should lower the settings to a level where I can get a consistent 60 fps; driving should be much easier then and I could actually see the changes.

Posted on: 2015/7/1 16:40

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.