Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 38 »

Re: Assetto Corsa - Periodic Challenge
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

pershainovitsh wrote:
I've got 2:08:488! So I'm the fastest by a few seconds now, until someone steps on the gas harder...

2:09.....Look in your mirror Al..!

My only DLC so far is DP1.

Posted on: 2016/11/2 21:00

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
That's less than a second.

Posted on: 2016/11/2 21:17
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
The longer we keep getting better and better lap times, the smaller the time diffence gets. When it's a competition of shaving off fractions of a second, every gear change, every corner exit speed, every braking distance, every bit of grip matters. If you spin off, the lap is done. At worst you just waste two minutes and have another go, while hopefully learning something from the cause of the spin.

Since it seems it's just the three of us (Al, Wobbly, Taz), I think we should definitely have a hypercar challenge with the Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1 and the Porsche 918. The cars should be approximately as powerful and similar in most ways. The idea is that we each pick one car and then compete against the other two with it. As a Porsche fan and maybe as the sole Porsche DLC owner I know my pick.

What do you guys think? Of course we will have the current Nissan GT-R challenge going on for the rest of the month, but what about after that?

Posted on: 2016/11/3 12:46

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I like that idea Al. It will be difficult to compare times in game with different cars though? Might have to take a screenie of the time.

Posted on: 2016/11/12 22:48

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Here are the results from the latest challenge.

I already put together some ideas for posting the times. We can get started whenever you guys are ready.

Posted on: 2016/11/12 22:55
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I believe it would be interesting to have the competitors champion different cars, but think it would be a much better comparison of skill to have the participants use the exact same car and track.

Posted on: 2016/11/13 2:22
Click to see original Image in a new window

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information

Different cars have different handling charistics and require a different driving style. One of the reasons I did so well with the Corvette on Nurburg. Not only do I know the track well but I also spend a lot of time in racing simulators with high powered rear wheel drive race preped vehicles. If the vehicles are closley matched in power to weight ratio and g-force achieved on the skid pad it comes down to what you are more comfortable driving.

Posted on: 2016/11/13 4:13
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

pershainovitsh wrote:
I've got 2:08:488! So I'm the fastest by a few seconds now, until someone steps on the gas harder...

The gas has been stepped on
Get back out there guys!

What track are you thinking of for the Hypercar Challenge?
Monza maybe?

Have you seen the new Top Gear (Gran Tourer)? Close times with I think the same cars!

Posted on: 2016/11/22 17:49

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Darn, Wobbly has beaten by a bit over 0,5 seconds! Let's see what I can do about it...

As for the hypercar challenge, I think Monza or Spa Francorchamps would be good.

I've seen the first two episodes of The Grand Tour. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a car show made by Clarkson, May and Hammond. It's basically Top Gear but slightly different. For example, this time the racing driver isn't unidentifiable nor mute; it's the American NASCAR driver Mike Skinner. I'll surely watch the rest of the series if it's as good as the first episodes.

Posted on: 2016/11/26 18:12

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Get that foot on the gas Al!

Spa,yes. I thought of Monza because it is a fast track. Spa would be a good choice too

I might get myself some Porsche DLC soon.

Posted on: 2016/11/26 22:24

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 32 33 ... 38 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.