Posted on: 2016/12/13 1:46
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: Assetto Corsa - Periodic Challenge
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Quote:

Tazimafied wrote:

Viper and Fraz chime n from out in left field! looks like there will be a bit more competition for this round.

I will settle for the McLaren since Koenigsegg hasn't made its way in to the game yet.

How long are we running this one?

It took a bit longer than acceptable to even get the new challenge posted. So maybe we should keep the challenge running until about 8.1.2017 (January 8th)? It leaves four weekends for playing, so everyone should have some point in their calendars free for a bit of racing.

Viper: why would you uninstall Assetto Corsa in the first place? If you've got a but of extra cash on you, consider buying some/all of the DLC to get some more content that you may like.

Fraz: are you joining too or are you just cheering for the best manufacturer? It would be great to have more racers trying to beat the records.

Everyone: if there's already a car+track combination in your mind for January's challenge, do share it with us. I've been the mastermind behind quite a few challenges already.

Posted on: 2016/12/13 10:13

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Ferrari for me.
I will look forward to the challenge

Good luck all!

Posted on: 2016/12/13 16:58

Quite a regular.
Quite a regular.

See User information
I would be joining. But I have to invest my extra money on a new mic. Because my 6 month old pair is crapping out already.....But very soon. Also Cheering for the manufacturer. Porsche is my favorite. And will def. be the main manufacturer i will be racing in.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 17:31

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Excellent! It looks like we'll be having five people hotlapping.

So far the selected cars are:

Porsche 918 - Al, Frasberry
McLaren P1 - Tazimafied
Ferrari LaFerrari - Wobblyone

Viper can choose whichever car he wants of the three, but preferably not the Porsche as there's already two people going with that one.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 18:56

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Am not sure what car yet, just getting to know the track again with the ferrari. Wow had forgotten how hard this games is. Can we tweak the cars or are they standard? Is really good fun but frustrating at the same time

Posted on: 2016/12/15 22:33

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
Just default settings I guess. It was the same with the previous challenge.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 14:49

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Thanks Al, thought you had some kind of special turbo . Have got almost 14 seconds to make up to get to your time.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 21:52

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Much work to be done, we have here...

Posted on: 2016/12/16 22:58

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I got a time of about 1:51.8 with the 918. The first five laps ended in a disaster when I couldn't brake early enough. In the end I got a pretty good lap time, or did I...? So I went to check the McLaren and Ferrari times and check out how do the other two hypercars handle. I was in a shock when I found out how much better they were. Compared to the Porsche, both felt much more nimble and the brakes were much better.

It also looks like I've already driven these two cars before on the track... And I've driven them hard. Right now I'm holding the best times on Monza with all three hypercars. But the Ferrari and McLaren times do not count, they are probably done with all sorts of settings that would disqualify me from the challenge. I think one of them even has a special hotlap mode! So Viper was right all along. Just don't mind my lap times with the LaFerrari and the P1.

Right now the best times on any car are around 1:50. Even if the three cars have quite a difference in power and weight, it seems to even out in the end. The Porsche 918 is the only one with four-wheel drive while the others rely on just rear-wheel drive. As a result of this the Porsche has a tendency to understeer, which is something I don't like in any car. It's also the least powerful with "only" 887 bhp, while the Ferrari has the most with 950 bhp and the McLaren sits in the middle with 904 bhp. The Ferrari and the McLaren weigh about 1550 kg while the Porsche is about 100 kg more... And despite all this it's still doing equal lap times.

There's still plenty of time to improve lap times and I don't think I saw Fras's time in there yet!

Posted on: 2016/12/21 20:28

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 38 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.