Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Arma 2 WW2 I44 MOD MISSIONS
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Written by Schilling:

I am proud to announce that I will be hosting ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Missions again! Instead of using the vanilla game this time, we will be using the Invasion 1944 Mod for some awesome WWII action. We will start off doing pre-made missions of real life events (such as D-Day!) and then move into some usual custom missions that I will do my best to make fun and exciting for everyone. (Instructions on downloading the Mod are found below).

However, here's the catch: I will be implementing a structured system that I will polish off this upcoming weekend. This system will allow me 1. To see how many people will be attending the mission beforehand (Emergencies excluded of course) in order to get the mission rolling at the correct time. 2. To provide in-game structure with the usual suspects in usual positions so that the missions will go smooth as possible. 3. To reward people using our new user reward system in place on our website that go above and beyond the call of duty. It is my hope that this structure will be respected and recognized while we are playing these missions. I assure you the system will not disrupt the primary purpose for the missions: to have fun.

With that being said, I will need two leaders to start things off with. I would like one PCGN member and one SWF member to have these responsibilities. If you are interested or know someone who might fit the bill, please contact me and we will discuss what all this entails. Please help spread the word about these positions and the new missions as a whole.

Instructions to download I44 Mod:

1. Go to this link: www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12465
  2. Everything you will need to know about the Mod and what else to download are on this page. The installation instructions are also on the page.
  3. Download the 2400 mb file from the bottom of the page and extract it to your arma2oa.exe folder. (Be sure to have @144 as the name of the file you're extracting, this is should already be defaulted)
  4. You will also have to download two more items: Invasion 1944 D-Day Patch #5 and Community Base Addons. These links can be found under the "Requirements" section at the bottom of the page. As you did before, you will simply extract this to the same file that your arma2oa.exe is located in.
  5. Once these steps have been performed, you should be good. We are most likely going to use the same missions that come with the Mod so if you want to speed up the loading screen before missions, you can copy and move all of the .pbo 's from the MPmissions folder in the @I44 folder to the MPmissions folder located in the same arma2oa.exe folder.
  6. I hope these instructions are good enough, if you have any problems, contact me and I'll do my best despite my lack of computer skills. I recommend playing around with it as I sometimes get minor errors still in my version.

I will be trying to host these missions every Sunday and Monday at 7 pm. The first missions are going to be set to start this Sunday (03/09/2014) and Monday (03/10/2014), then skip the next week, and then start up again that following Sunday (03/23/2014) and Monday (03/24/2014). Be looking for updates on our Steam group via announcements.

Thank you very much for your interest in my missions, they are a blast to host and it is my hope that we can continue the enthusiasm we've had with them so far! If you have any questions about any of it, feel free to ask!

Thanks

-Schilling

http://www.pc-gamers.net/index.php?/t ... issions-soon/#entry162684

Posted on: 2014/3/6 17:27
Click to see original Image in a new window

Re: Arma 2 WW2 I44 MOD MISSIONS
Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I've offered my help to Schilling on behalf of =SWF=.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 18:39

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information

Quote:

McGuirk wrote: I've offered my help to Schilling on behalf of =SWF=.

Great! Who else would be interested in taking part?

Posted on: 2014/3/6 23:47

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I'm interested

Posted on: 2014/3/7 0:59

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
of course Im interested.

Posted on: 2014/3/8 19:21

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
There is now a video showing you how to install the MOD on the pcgn forum, use same link as posted above

Posted on: 2014/3/8 23:06

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Last nites I44 ops involved only 2 =SWF= members... Lambourne and myself. We battled in Bastogne. The mission was successful although we initially were constantly having to revive each other. Eventually we turned the tide and began kicking Kraut ass. There is a Sunday and Monday event next weekend. Let's show up in force!

Posted on: 2014/3/25 16:48

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
You forgot to mention how great your squad leader was!

Posted on: 2014/3/26 20:49

Not too shy to talk.
Not too shy to talk.

See User information
Oh great squad leader, thou art great!

Posted on: 2014/3/26 22:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.