Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window

The Hollywood Reporter
Bruce Willis Left 'Expendables 3' Over $1 Million-a-Day Fee Demand
7 AUG 2013
by Kim Masters

Sylvester Stallone let the world know Tuesday that Bruce Willis was out of the upcoming The Expendables 3 for being "greedy and lazy," and it seems that laziness was not the primary issue.

Stallone raised eyebrows in Hollywood by tweeting "WILLIS OUT . . . HARRISON FORD IN!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!," then following up with a second tweet reading "GREEDY AND LAZY . . . A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE."

A source with knowledge of the situation says the fallout was over a specific money demand. Willis was offered $3 million for four days of consecutive work on location in Bulgaria for the film. "He said he'd drop out unless he got $4 million," this source close to the production says. "A million dollars a day. Stallone and everybody else involved said no."

Stallone then quickly reached out to Ford, who was game to join the Expendables cast.

The insider adds, "I think [Willis] was pretty surprised he was replaced in 72 hours by Harrison Ford -- a better actor, a much nicer person and a more interesting direction for the film."

Willis' reps at CAA declined comment.

Willis most recently appeared in Red 2, which has grossed a disappointing $80 million worldwide. Before that, February's A Good Day to Die Hard grossed $305 million. He also had an extended cameo in March's G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which grossed $372 million.

The next installment of The Expendables, with a budget of more than $90 million, is set for release next August by Millennium Films. In addition to Stallone and Ford, the cast includes Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke and Wesley Snipes.

Posted on: 2014/4/11 21:07

Re: Expendables
Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
I really enjoyed seeing Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme in the last movie.

I am surprised to see:
- Mel Gibson
- Harrison Ford
- Antonio Banderas
- Wesley Snipes
- Kelsey Grammer

It is a shame Bruce Willis did not want to play.

I would like to see Chuck Norris again, Clint Eastwood, and Jackie Chan.

Who would you like to see added?

Posted on: 2014/4/11 21:14
Click to see original Image in a new window

Just can't stay away.
Just can't stay away.

See User information
I liked the first two Expendables films. The second one even had a lot of funny moments, making references to the actors' past movies.

Kelsey Grammer is a really odd choice for a movie like this. Is he going to make a psychological analysis of everyone else? Has he ever been in an action movie? The other actors sound great, although I haven't even heard of some of the younger ones.

Posted on: 2014/4/12 9:15

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Kelsey Grammer did play The Beast in X-Men.

Posted on: 2014/4/18 22:41
Click to see original Image in a new windowThe magic googlebox knows all!

Site Admin
Site Admin

See User information
Quote:

Tazimafied wrote:
Kelsey Grammer did play The Beast in X-Men.

Did not know that.

Posted on: 2014/4/20 14:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.