« 1 (2)

Re: =SWF= ass kicking
Just getting started.
Just getting started.

See User information
Quote:

sfscriv wrote:
1. I did not know there was an event on Monday - my fault

2. Once I found out after the event had started, I did not want to be the one who showed up late. I did not want to be disruptive. I only jumped in because a couple =SWF= were saying they needed assistance with the fight.

3. =SWF= being the guerrillas should not have happened. It should be two equally capable teams.

4. I do not have the key bindings sorted out for ArmA 3 - my fault

5. The NPC AI bots should NOT be giving any orders to real players or kicking real players from vehicles.

6. We got butchered by an armor vehicle while we sat in a pickup truck followed by the NPC AI bot system kicking me out of a disabled armored truck (with a heavy weapon system) at least four times. At the same time, we were being base raped by an aircraft and the NPC AI bots were spamming orders.

1. sorry man :(

2. no worries, don't mind at all showing up late. we just try to start as quickly as possible so we may already be started for those joining late (can sometimes cause issues with objectives and scripts). would rather late joiners than no joiners

3. both sides were 100% equal. another team simply found an armored vehicle that was accessible to both teams fairly.

4. oaksy says something about a Arma 2 preset option within arma 3 which automatically puts all the controls back to arma 2. it may be worth looking into for you. however, i recommend NOT to revert back because there's new functionality in Arma 3 and it's "better". just sucks learning the transition in such an already complex game, i know man...

5. this was an oversight to round 2 of the mission that night, which unfortunately was the only one you joined for. i forgot to disable the friendly AI for that round. otherwise, NEVER join a squad where the group leader is AI, instead choose the slot that says "group leader" yourself and no AI will then give orders. Never choose to let a AI be your group leader if you don't want this to happen.

6. sounds frustrating, sorry man! :(

furthermore, i hate to see so much frustration coming from my missions. Is it me? is it my design? is it you? is it your unwillingness to learn something new? is it arma 3 and its changes from arma 2? what the hell is it?

Personally, i remember when first starting Arma 2 and learning all these nuances. It pissed me off and frustrated the hell out of me, but it was worth it. Once i learned it all and dealt with the issues and configured things to my liking i was able to enjoy it and the rest is history. The same phases occurred when i first loaded up Arma 3. Although the period of time was much quicker for me after having gone through it before with Arma 2.

After spending the necessary time to get comfortable with the new Arma 3 it works beautifully! I can only recommend you all to go through this process, be determined to get it suited to you and your preferences. Get comfortable with it!

Beyond that, specifically, WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU? What do you want or need from me? Do you want a 1-on-1 with me to learn everything? Do you want a group session/classroom to learn it all together?

ANYTHING that stops what seems to be a horrible experience for people every time we try an Arma 3 mission....

I'm pretty friendly and you all know our PCGN TS3 address so whatever you need or want for Arma 3 come find me and tell me . Just try to do so NOT at mission start time and be prepared to have a discussion with me because you all know i am very technical in nature and sometimes need help making the translation from a non-technical user to my own understanding of the issue.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 17:10

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.
You cannot use topic type.